Accessing Galactic Command

No, it currently looks like you will not earn Command XP while unsubscribed. In fact, some of the Galactic Command activities (uprisings and operations) are unavailable to preferred players, others (PvP) are limited per week. Only chapters, GSF, heroics and flashpoints can be played as a preferred.

The devs are thinking about giving preferred players a way to participate, but that won't happen at 5.0 launch and it is uncertain if it will happen in the future. For now, you must be subscribed if you want to do Galactic Command. Though I'd argue that it has always been like that - if you are truly committed to this game, it's best to subscribe. Using weekly operation passes has never been an option for me.

Edited by Jerba

If i go prefered, do the actions(command points and levels) i take get "stored" in some sort of Galactic escrow so i can access later when i resub, or all counts for nothing?

Ty

I'd expect it to work like this:

* CXP you have already earned before you drop to Preferred, those will remain on your character(s).

* CXP-giving activities you participate in while Preferred will not give you CXP. They won't be stored anywhere for later.

* When you subscribe again, you will once again be able to earn CXP.