Million Credit Race! Sun, Feb 17th 8:00pm EST

Suzina

EDIT: This event is now over. I will include some video in the next Bane video update. Gratz to the winners!

As many of you know, I have cancelled my subscription. Free-to-play players have a cap on how many credits they can have in their inventory, so I may as well get rid of a million or two credits for another big race!

What: Speeder race :csw_speeder:

When: Feb 17th 2013, 8pm EST

Where: Ebon Hawk Server, Tatooine, start point is Outpost-Zaroshe speeder

Entrance fee?: NO entrance fee. This event is absolutely free to the whole server!!

Prize: 1st place will receive at least 1 million credits from my own pocket. (This prize may increase with donations)

Other places such as 2nd, 3rd, 4th place will have their own prize money awarded.

Track: Judland Jamboree :csw_tattooine:

Route:

Racer starts at Outpost Zarosh on Tatooine.

There is a checkpoint at the half way point , Outpost Karnori, where a race official will watch you drive under a Sand Crawler. :csw_crawler:

The Finish line is the inside of the Sarlacc pit in the Dune Sea. :csw_jabba:

Only Imperial characters can race, because if a Republic character dies they could be ported Further along the race track. However, Republic characters are welcome to ambush Imperial racers who pass through the Outlaws Den shortcut (a 45 second shortcut that flags you for PVP).

:csw_blaster::wea_02:

Video about track:

Here's last year's video about the track:

:csw_bike::csw_bike::csw_bike::csw_bike::csw_bike::csw_bike::csw_bike::csw_bike::csw_bike::csw_bike::csw_bike:

Edited by Suzina

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm... I wonder if the new "better than speeder 3" anti-knockdown pod-racer would be favored to win this race.

That or a Tank mount from nightmare EC. :rak_02:

Wait, the pod-racer is anti-knockdown? So if someone has it and goes through Outlaws Den, they won't be knocked off unless they are killed?

Wait, the pod-racer is anti-knockdown? So if someone has it and goes through Outlaws Den, they won't be knocked off unless they are killed?

It's better than rank 3 knockdown, but not as good as the tank.

I just might bring my trooper to observe the shenanigans in Outlaw's Den... And maybe set a trap or two. ;)

Sunday Sunday Sunday!!

Last year's champion, C'az, has stated he will attend but NOT race. He will wait by the finish line to congratulate the winner. The race is wide open for anyone to win. We will also have the same person by the camp karnori sand crawler to watch racers reach the checkpoint.

:csw_bike::csw_bike::csw_bike::csw_bike:

The event was a big success. Here's a couple screenshots:

http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/gallery/173896/swtor_2013-02-17_17-34-16-747229.jpg

http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/gallery/173896/screenshot_2013-02-17_17_12_58_7743744270.jpg

Once again, thanks to all the winners. Rytan was 1st with 1 mil credits in prize money. Thaffos was 2nd with 500k. And Kaudia was 3rd with 500k. :wea_15:

There was plenty who showed up to block in outlaws den. So much so that all but 1 person went the PVE route. The brave soul who went for outlaws den was ganked by an ops group of pvpers and left the race early. Rytan, last year's 5th place, clearly had practiced the race and made his way into the finish line with a very comfortable lead.