Suggestions for OS/XF! Snipers/Slingers

Mazanator

Heya guys. Before we start I know they haven't completed the sniper changes regarding Orbital strike (nerfing it even more lolwut?) anyway; As a Sniper having no other large AoE attacks (Marksman) a part from Frag Grenade which is still "barely usable" the nerf was a huge blow to clearing mobs and single target damage. I have no problem with them taking it out of the single target rotation but when you take it out of it's AoE use in the process then we have a problem. Yes we all should still cast it on adds as really we don't have anything better to do DPS wise. Before the nerf I was getting consistent 5-8k crits every time for 4 ticks which well, is a lot of damage. Say it crit for 6k for the 4 ticks thats a good 24k damage per add. As you can see it was kind of overpowered but now...At best 2.5k per add for 3 ticks which would do about 7500 damage total. This is just not acceptable. It's a good 68.75% damage decrease. What about mercs Death from Above when will that be deemed OP? Sorry i'm ranting now but back on track. I have came up with a few suggestions on how to fix the AoE damage for Orbital.

1.) Have some sort of damage increase if it hits more than 1 mob. Like "If more than 1 target is hit increase damage by 45% for the last 2 ticks e.g First tick 5 targets for 2500 damage. Next tick hits for [(2500/100*45)+2500]=3580 damage. Last tick hits for [(3580/100*45)+3580]=5191 damage. This for me would be ideal. Solves single target and deals with AoE to the same damage or just less than death from above.

Instead of hitting 5 targets for 2.5k per tick [(2500x5x3)]=37500 damage we would be getting [(2500x5+3580x5+5191x5)]= 56355 total damage. A decent death from above would do about [12500x5]=62500 damage in this case which i would be happy with the orbital damage As it can hit more targets but deals less damage.

PS if any of the math is wrong i'll correct it's 05:30am and i have nothing better to do

2.) It could maybe but a debuff on all things hit by the first tick that will increase damage on the second and third tick. Say you hit pack A with the full amount of ticks and only hit pack B with tick 2 & 3. Pack A would take increased damage from ticks 2 & 3 while pack B takes increased damage from tick 3.

3.) It's really nothing special but a base damage increase.

What do you guys think should happen?

I think that instead of making a multiplier based on how many target it hits, they can make a dmg multiplier based on mobs type (weak/standard/strong/elites).

like this you would be able to still nuke the adds, while ops bosses wont be affected by this multiplier bonus (was just wondering bout T6 / dash'roode and many others, where usually the adds are close/under the boss)

I also likes the idea that the hits of OS /XS would not only hit the mobs with the single hit but also have a secondary mechanic to it which deals damage to everything which does stand near the mob that has been hit.

Kind of "Splash damage" like.

For instance there are 4 mobs in the OS/XS circle:

Everyone of the 4 will be hit by the initial tick of the OS/XS, but since the mobs are placed within, say 5m of each other, they get hit by the "explosion" of the mobs nearby dealing additional damage to them.

This would of course have a few effects, like enlargening the effective hit area of the OS/XS and it would really hit like a freighter when there are more then 3-4 mobs inside the range of the secondary damage. But it would, with the right tuning, bring OS/XS back to the old strenght when it's about nuking adds and still wouldn't affect boss damage all that much.

Right now OS/XS is nothing more then a wet noodle which tickles a rather large area, but not a skill I enjoy using.