Campaign Relic of Imperiling Serenity

AshlaBoga

Nope. Campaign and Dread Guard Defense use relics have a 20 second duration, compared to the 30 second duration of every other use relic (including the Tionese-Rakata grade Defense relics and every single one of the shield/absorb relics).

When I last checked 2 months ago, this relic was broken and gave 20 seconds on click instead of 30.

Has this been fixed yet?

i would advise against using these types of relics. its better to go with the PvP ones.

not just opinion either mathematicaly they are better.

That's not even remotely true any more. With the general design of burst intensive and true tank swap fights with the newer content, the use relics either break even or are actually substantially better than the passive relics, depending on your personal preference, because, when properly used, you're able to leverage the rating for when you need it as opposed to having it up constantly. If you want some math, I direct you to this post wherein I actually get in to it. Suffice it to say that if you're not an idiot, you can get a lot more out of the use relics than the passive relics.

i would advise against using these types of relics. its better to go with the PvP ones.

Tanking involves covering situationals not just constants. PvP ones are great for mean mitigation, but clicky relics give you more 'on demand' mitigation when you need it.

IE when fighting Toth and Zorn:

-113 Defense relic is useless while you are on Zorn.

- 315 Defense every other time you are on Toth is great.

Same holds true for SC/FB, Kephess, Writhing Horror and Fabricator. Depending on your strat it can also hold true for many other fights including Vorgath (thats now all of EC HM), Gharj and Annihilation Droid. I'm not sure about TFB HM yet, we're still working on it.

That's not even remotely true any more. With the general design of burst intensive and true tank swap fights with the newer content, the use relics either break even or are actually substantially better than the passive relics, depending on your personal preference, because, when properly used, you're able to leverage the rating for when you need it as opposed to having it up constantly. If you want some math, I direct you to this post wherein I actually get in to it. Suffice it to say that if you're not an idiot, you can get a lot more out of the use relics than the passive relics.

Kitru does indeed know all:p

Almost 4 months and no fix... I am disappointed.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4938742

07.19.2012 , 06:01 AM | #2 Next

REPORT POST QUOTE

Greetings Trigon,

This is an issue we are aware of and are working on to resolve.

Please keep an eye on future patch notes for nay updates on the issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I hope this helps!

Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I wounder what they are doing? Can we get an update on this issue, please?

I think they're debating whether it's broken or whether it's intended. Maybe they fired the people who made it, so they're not sure whether it's supposed to be like this or not:confused:

Tanking involves covering situationals not just constants. PvP ones are great for mean mitigation, but clicky relics give you more 'on demand' mitigation when you need it.

IE when fighting Toth and Zorn:

-113 Defense relic is useless while you are on Zorn.

- 315 Defense every other time you are on Toth is great.

Same holds true for SC/FB, Kephess, Writhing Horror and Fabricator. Depending on your strat it can also hold true for many other fights including Vorgath (thats now all of EC HM), Gharj and Annihilation Droid. I'm not sure about TFB HM yet, we're still working on it.

oh i completely agree. the on demand relics are great for zorn and toth....

but the PvP ones out weigh the push relics on every single fight other than zorn and toth.

every single fight through TFB, and every fight after zorn and toth. assuming you hvae a shadow tank and are not tank swapping on the firebrand/stormcaller fight

but the PvP ones out weigh the push relics on every single fight other than zorn and toth.

That's not actually true. On Warlord Kephess, the use relics are substantially more useful than the passives specifically because they allow you to leverage increased survivability while you're tanking Kephess and allowing it to recharge when it's not up. The same applies with TfB and Writhing Horror. In *any* fight where there is appreciable tank downtime or variation between high mitigation and low mitigation damage phases, the use relics are actually better because you're getting mitigation when you need it and will find it most useful rather than having it up constantly. The only fight where it's *not* useful and tank survivability is actually a factor is Kephess the Undying, and, for that fight, it doesn't really matter what relic you're using because so much of his damage is F/T based. For every other fight, the use relics actually eke out better survivability (assuming you actually use them, which is one of the reasons why many people don't see great performance out of them; it's like complaining about having bad DPS when you refuse to use one of your big damage attacks).

You could even make an argument for fights like Vorgath and Operator IX, where the mechanics don't demand a tank swap in the later stages of the encounter, but Its still a good idea.

I didn't bring up those fights because tank survivability isn't really a major factor. Those are puzzle/execution fights where you're substantially more likely to die due to screwed up execution rather than needing more hp or more heals. Pretty much every fight in the current tier of content where tank survivability is a factor in your success demands or is at least designed with the intent to have tank swaps involved.

pre armor/DR at 1600/1700 balanced pool

PT) .4705,.4566

Jugg-hybrid) .4299, 0.42

sin) .3562,.3452

with 1600 with def on use relic:

PT) .4312 (similar to 1900 build) time averaged

Jugg) .4014 (1900)

sin) .3305 (1850)

1600 build with on use shield/absorb:

PT) 0.4196( over 2000)

Jugg) .3908 (2000+)

sin) 0.3199 (1950ish build)

1600 build with proc absorb

PT: .4380

Jugg: 0.4014

Sin: 0.3304

Time averaged (which i think is a bad assumtion for the proc relic given that is will only have that up for 3 hits (4 if the proced one gets the absorb):

Def Use shield proc absorb +100 stats

PT 0.464 0.462 0.46075 0.4566

Jugg 0.42515 0.4237 0.42315 0.42

Sin 0.3519 0.35015 0.34846 0.3452

nothing does better than incrteasing your mitigation pool by a balanced 100 points it seems, so war hero seem better

so i dont really suggest the defense relic for sin tanks. the shield and absorb is awesome for all the tanks, so i do suggest having one shield/absorb on use relic to load for anything with a moment of high burst that is shieldable.

what bosses might these be?

keopghess undying has some swapping, but you cant shield that dmg. stormcaller/firebrand has switching but cant shield storms damage (although popping one of these relics during the last 20 seconds before getting back on stormcaller would be awesome i think). toht and zorn, during the red circle phase to give higher TTK would be nice since healers are avoiding circles during that time... but thats not very heal intensive if tanks are positioning correctly (aka no one getting knock back). writhing horror, damage from boss and male seems on par do i dont thin there is a good time to pop it really, other than when a healer is in the red pool and cant reach a tank and the tank is low. dread gaurd... whoever is on kelsara shoudl pop it i guess. operator, when one tank has 2 regulators they should pop it. and pop it for TFB 2nd phase if you tank on interior, and during tantrum i think

Edited by dipstik

Are those numbers based off idealized stat values, or accounting for the disparity of actual gear stat distribution (e.g. the excess of shield that an Assassin/Shadow is stuck with)?

If they are based on idealized values, I'm curious to see how, if at all, the numbers change to reflect more realistic values.

I doubt your conclusion changes significantly, but it would still be interesting to see the magnitude of the change.

Edited by Omophorus