Torian's Mando'a dialogue

SableRhapsody

First of all, I'm by no means a Mandalorian lore junkie, so if anyone wants to correct my rudimentary Mando'a, please feel free :)

Anyway, I got curious about what Torian says in his romance conversations since some bits of them are in Mando'a with no in-game translation. Here's (roughly) what he says in case anyone else was wondering:

After he kisses the BH: "I love you." (Or literally, "I hold you in my heart/I know you forever)

After he proposes: "We are united/as one together, we are united/as one apart. We share/give all, we raise our children as soldiers."

In his romance letter: "cyare" means "beloved, lover"

I'm still picking through what he says to Jicoln...that's more complicated :rolleyes:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what a couple of his action dialogues mean:

"Oya!" is a sort of phrase meaning "let's go/let's hunt!"

"Su cuy'gar" has the same colloquial meaning as "Hi", but literally translated it means "So you're still alive".

I used to have a Mando'a/English spreadsheet, but I'm not sure if that's even up for distribution anymore.

Out of curiosity, do you ever have the option to speak Mando'a back to Torian?

Only a little in his romanced conversations, I think. And you just say "I love you" back to him in Mando'a. The way you say it sounds like you're still working your brain around the language :p

I'm still picking through what he says to Jicoln...that's more complicated :rolleyes:

I spent a whole day trying to figure this out. He says (loosely translated):

Can you still speak the language dar'manda? Today you no longer have a son/child.

(basically that he's child-divorce/disowning him as a father)

If you'd like the original in mando'a as well:

Liser gar su jorhaa'ir haar joha, dar'manda? Ibi'tuur gar dar'buir balyc.

Dar'manda (according to mando'a.org where I got the translation) is: "a state of not being Mandalorian - not an outsider, but one who has lost his heritage, and so his identity and his soul"

After he proposes: "We are united/as one together, we are united/as one apart. We share/give all, we raise our children as soldiers."

This is apparently the mandalorian wedding vows.

Edited by Shammuramat

I spent a whole day trying to figure this out. He says (loosely translated):

Can you still speak the language dar'manda? Today you no longer have a son/child.

That was what I got from it too. Extremely cold, and extremely sexy. Is it wrong that I found it hot that he shot his own father in the face?

That was what I got from it too. Extremely cold, and extremely sexy. Is it wrong that I found it hot that he shot his own father in the face?

No. No it's not. Even if my BH think's he's a goody-goody punk who won't put out, I as a player just love him to bits.

I only married him because he's got a body like a god and he cooks and does my DPS for me. I barely even talk to him after I let him out of the bedroom.

That whole Mando'a thing he does irritates the hell out of me.

Ladies, a word of advice- when he offers to teach you Mandalorian on a date, remember, its not romantic, its neurotic. He's trying to fix you.

He only likes Mandalorian girls, so he's going to make you into one. That's some serious emotional baggage there, Torian.

Not that I wouldn't date him... Hell, like I said, I married him.

But you gotta watch out for yourself and be your own woman, you know? It's a tough galaxy.

I would have dated Gault if he wasn't so messed up over his ex, at least he has a sense of humor.

He only likes Mandalorian girls, so he's going to make you into one. That's some serious emotional baggage there, Torian.

Uhhh... you ARE a Mandalorian, and from Mand'alor's own clan at that. Torian wants you to live up to your new heritage, that's all. It's part of the resol'nare that Mandalorians wear Mandalorian armor, speak the language, fight for their families, raise their children as Mandalorians, contribute to the welfare of their clan, and fight for Mand'alor when he calls.

If you don't follow these things, you are dar'manda... just like Torian's father, and he'd probably kill you for dishonoring Mand'alor. Being dar'manda would also mean you have no soul and will never reach the Manda - the afterlife.

Also: What Mandalorian Couples Do For Fun!

Edited by silvershadows

Uhhh... you ARE a Mandalorian, and from Manda'lor's own clan at that. Torian wants you to live up to your new heritage, that's all. It's part of the resol'nare that Mandalorians wear Mandalorian armor, speak the language, fight for their families, raise their children as Mandalorians, contribute to the welfare of their clan, and fight for Mand'alor when he calls.

If you don't follow these things, you are dar'manda... just like Torian's father, and he'd probably kill you for dishonoring Mand'alor. Being dar'manda would also mean you have no soul and will never reach the Manda - the afterlife.

Also: What Mandalorian Couples Do For Fun!

Sweetheart, I'm better than Mandalorian. I'm Public Enemy Number One, most notorious bounty hunter in the galaxy, the last champion of the Great Hunt standing, and big momma on the Black List.

Nobody should be lining up to get my autograph because some dude that sits on a spaceship all day signed me on to the team and gave me a jersey. They should be getting my autograph because I'm the baddest mofo in the galaxy, and I do me. All those little Mandalorians? They wish they were what I am.

I was only a Mandalorian since chapter 2, But I've been the meanest ***** in the galaxy since level 1.

You can play your little Mando'a kiddy games all you want on your ship, but on my Mantis, we speak Basic, because I'm so Mando I fart Jangos and **** Bobas and if anyone thinks they have any business telling me how to be the best bounty hunter in the galaxy, they can jump in front of a blaster bolt like every other scumbag that tried to dance with Numero Uno.

Sweetheart, I'm better than Mandalorian. I'm Public Enemy Number One, most notorious bounty hunter in the galaxy, the last champion of the Great Hunt standing, and big momma on the Black List.

Nobody should be lining up to get my autograph because some dude that sits on a spaceship all day signed me on to the team and gave me a jersey. They should be getting my autograph because I'm the baddest mofo in the galaxy, and I do me. All those little Mandalorians? They wish they were what I am.

I was only a Mandalorian since chapter 2, But I've been the meanest ***** in the galaxy since level 1.

You can play your little Mando'a kiddy games all you want on your ship, but on my Mantis, we speak Basic, because I'm so Mando I fart Jangos and **** Bobas and if anyone thinks they have any business telling me how to be the best bounty hunter in the galaxy, they can jump in front of a blaster bolt like every other scumbag that tried to dance with Numero Uno.

Grats to you :p As far as Apoc is concerned, there's nothing better than being Mandalorian. As she told Mand'alor - she'd been waiting her whole life for this. To be a true warrior, fighting for honor, glory - and yes, some credits on the side. To die next to Torian in a battle to end all battles would be the only fitting fate for her.

To Apoc, being a bounty hunter, and a Mandalorian, means that she takes only the toughest, most challenging bounties - and she never gives up once she has taken a contract. You also don't talk down to her, or she'll let you know exactly how she feels about it, usually with a blaster to the face. One thing about Mandalorians - long memory, short temper. They are a race of people who WILL kill you if they believe you have made the slightest insult to their honor.

Your BH might think she's the baddest person in the galaxy, but Apoc would just laugh. She's a warrior first and foremost, in every sense of the word. She'd also feel the need to inquire "Gar ganar jaro?" (You have a death wish?), talking to her like that.

Like I was saying :p

Edited by silvershadows

That's because Mandalorians don't sleep around. They either date a non-Mandalorian on the premise they themselves convert, or not at all. It's for survival. If you don't marry and produce children within your tribe, then you aren't contributing to the welfare and future of the Mandalorians.

So of course he wants you to convert! That's a sign that he likes you enough to want to spend a life with you.

That's because Mandalorians don't sleep around. They either date a non-Mandalorian on the premise they themselves convert, or not at all. It's for survival. If you don't marry and produce children within your tribe, then you aren't contributing to the welfare and future of the Mandalorians.

So of course he wants you to convert! That's a sign that he likes you enough to want to spend a life with you.

At least someone gets it :p

Mandalorians mate for life - as Torian says, "However long forever turns out to be."

That's also the reason he tells you he loves you before you have "private time", because he wouldn't sleep with you if he didn't love you.

I absolutely adore his strict adherence to Mandalorian culture.

Edited by silvershadows

I practically spat in Mandalore's face. Torian wasn't very happy about that, but that's OK. I'd rather date Gault. At least he had a fun time and is sarcastic.

I don't consider my bounty hunter a mandalorian

You know that even devaronian women can't stand devaronian men, the ***** little bastards.

I knew from day one I wasn't joining the Mandalorians for the same reason I played a Bounty Hunter, I am a tribe of one, I don't want to be a part of empires, movements, or causes. I do it all for the money, the minute my BH has enough credits to retire to some secluded moon in the outer rim, he'll do so. :)

I don't consider my bounty hunter a mandalorian

And this is why we get an in-game choice :)

Sign me up for adoring Torian--and the Mandalorians. He won me over the minute he shot his scumbag dad between the eyes.

@Shammuramat: Thanks so much for the translation of Torian's lines to his dad. Since I got Torian's conversation about teaching the BH Mando'a, I've been trying to pick my way through the Mando'a that's in game.

And this is why we get an in-game choice :)

Sign me up for adoring Torian--and the Mandalorians. He won me over the minute he shot his scumbag dad between the eyes.

@Shammuramat: Thanks so much for the translation of Torian's lines to his dad. Since I got Torian's conversation about teaching the BH Mando'a, I've been trying to pick my way through the Mando'a that's in game.

I love my BH even more now that she said this:

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8558/swtor2012021714175270.jpg

I'm a convert from republic to empire now, lol.

Ladies, a word of advice- when he offers to teach you Mandalorian on a date, remember, its not romantic, its neurotic. He's trying to fix you.

It's not a date (unless the female BH makes it one). He'll offer to teach the male too. All he's trying to do is help you learn the Mandalorian ways, speaking the language is one of the resol'nare after all, and you can turn down his offer anyway.

This isn't true, you can romance him even if you decide to turn down Mandalore's offer to become a Mandalorian.

You're welcome. I'm happy to share!

Edited by Shammuramat

Thank you! I really do want to learn Mando'a.

I'm also glad I'm not the only one to totally love him.

Ladies, a word of advice- when he offers to teach you Mandalorian on a date, remember, its not romantic, its neurotic. He's trying to fix you..

If he really cared about you learning it, he would've actually taught you it, rather than having sex with you ;D

I'd been meaning to go translate what Torian said, but kept forgetting, and now I don't have to. Score another point for laziness.

In other news, on the topic of Torian's father, I actually agree with his ideal, if not his methods. As my sig states, Garon was not a happy individual to learn that, once again, the Mando'ade were deciding to be the aruetiise meatshields again. Leading an open rebellion against Mand'alor, however, is not the...yeah that couldn't have ended well.

Personally, the better option would've just been to refuse the call to war, and sit off to the side and watch. Good way to get yourself ****canned by practically every other clan, and it was, in fact, what got Garon originally disowned from his clan (thus leading to the start of the game), but it beats open rebellion.