Stealth capping a node

chosonman

Last night I saw an Op and a Sin stealth cap a pylon in the 2 pylon WZ and I was wondering how they did this. My first though was that it was a bug. Like when sometimes you see some toons turn invisible for no reason. But after watching these two play it looked obvious they knew what they were doing. They were playing as a tag team with the Sin guarding the Op.

After some thought I'm thinking maybe the op used smuggle/infiltration while the sin capped the node? IDK I haven't tried ti but once the sin started capping shouldn't that have broken stealth? Otherwise maybe they used some sort of combination of techniques to remain invisible... Anyone else seen this before?

I tell you what... I have seen this before and it wasnt pretty. Whatever technique they are using is a really good one. I also played a few WZ last night on my 55 Marauder and really didnt get how they were doing it myself. But I agree with you. If they were capping why come out of stealth? Who knows. But whatever their stratagy was it worked too well.

Well doing anything when smuggled will break you out. I know there is a bug with scamper which when used in stealth it wont render the player visible until 6 or so seconds into a cap which I think is what probably happened since the cap in hypergate is only 6 seconds so that's what my money is on.

Well doing anything when smuggled will break you out. I know there is a bug with scamper which when used in stealth it wont render the player visible until 6 or so seconds into a cap which I think is what probably happened since the cap in hypergate is only 6 seconds so that's what my money is on.

7 seconds

After a quick 2 second google search I think I found the answer. This is pretty much exactly what I saw. I noticed the Op come out of stealth for a second and go back into stealth right before the stealth cap.

http://www.*********.com/forums/mmo/star-wars-old-republic/swtor-exploits/339153-stealth-capping-warzones-explained.html

Something aggravates me about people making threads in the exploit section without actually posting an exploit, so here goes.

This requires two people, one of which must have group stealth. I personally use two stealth classes (Assassin/Operative) because it is easy to sneak up to a node to start this method. Steps are as follows:

1. Both players use their personal stealth and sneak up to a door in voidstar.

2. The class with group stealth ability then unstealths for a moment and activates his/her group stealth. This causes the player to become visible for a mere moment.

3. The class without the group stealth ability can then interact with the door without popping out of group stealth.

We've been using this method since release and it is bound to be fixed soon, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Bioware if you are reading this please fix this exploit. It looks like it's been around for a while.

Edited by chosonman

How can you active group stealth if you come out of stealth first? I thought you had to be in stealth to activate group stealth. Is this a timing bug?

It looks like the other guy has to have stealth also. So it looks like it is some kind of bug that has to do with using group stealth skill on a already stealthed player.

The method you guys are describing would interupt the cap I think...Ill test it out and look like a fool....FOR SCIENCE!!

It might be a timing bug, ie the game not interrupting the cap.

if you start to cap just as the op/sco hits "smuggle"