Tactical flashpoints, please put back

Roccobb

So after running about 7 flashpoints in the last 3 days, I am convinced it needs to go back to the way it was. Keep the old levels, lower us down if you wish for tacticals. But please stop bringing in low level healers to play in the big boy sandbox. Why? Today, I went through Maelstrom Prison with a level 15 healer. He didn't have enough abilities to heal us. Sure, we did our best hitting the healing nodes, but it was after 8 wipes before we finally finished. I want to use your group finder, I really do. But not if you are going to keep putting very low level healers without the abilities to keep us alive.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a level 15 tank, level 15 healer, level 20 dps, and a 60 dps in this FP we barely finished. The tank didn't have tanking abilities. The healer had 2 healing abilities, with cooldowns. They should never have been "bolstered" to play. Unless you give them more abilities so they can do their task.

You have no idea what you are talking about so please just stop.

Unfortunately I do know what I'm talking about.

All I've done for the past 6 month is Flashpoints. Tacts and HMFP.

I knew w what's out there. A ton of garbage noobs and a lot of players coming back to the game. They don't know their role and abilities. But come to the forums to complain about how hard tacticals are. :rolleyes:

Tacticals are so easy you can solo them. So when I see these kind of posts, it's a L2P issue not a instance difficulty issue.

More than welcome to call me out. Watch the stream, it's always up when I'm online. I don't hide, I put it out there so everyone can see it.

/signed. I challenge the solomeisters to clear tactical Hammer Station with a full trinity group of (once level appropriate) level 17s decked in BiS gear for their level. With CCs that last all of 6 seconds, minimal mitigation & interrupts prepare to have your collective asses handed to you on a paper plate. Adding an additional ability bar won't help because they are flash paper. Unless of course lowbies have no say in the matter. Edited by GalacticKegger

Tacticals are so easy you can solo them..

Some are, some aren't.

Have you tried soloing Taral V (bonus boss especially) or Maelstrom Prison? I tried and failed while having previously soloed False Emperor without issue, for instance, or the H2 SF during the companion nerf week, w/o alliance buffs. I'd love to learn your tactics, so please post vids. Especially on a melee.

Edited by Unperson

/challenge_accepted

I will be live in 4 hours

SWTOR.tv

Hammer Station, Taral V, and Maelstrom Prison

Just to make it more interesting I'm deployed, on a 4G wifi connection using a Lenovo y510p Laptop with a ping to Shadowlands around 250-350 with spikes to 1.5k. Not ideal but still able to work it. It's not an excuse, just letting you know what I'm dealing with when I'm online and streaming 720p content @ 30 FPS

When at home I stream at 1080p @ 60 FPS on a full custom loop 4770K and GTX 780tiSC and 100/50 connection while playing on a Qnix QX2710 2560x1440 resolution overclocked to 110Hz

Edited by knowmyname

Unfortunately I do know what I'm talking about.

All I've done for the past 6 month is Flashpoints. Tacts and HMFP.

I knew w what's out there. A ton of garbage noobs and a lot of players coming back to the game. They don't know their role and abilities. But come to the forums to complain about how hard tacticals are. :rolleyes:

Tacticals are so easy you can solo them. So when I see these kind of posts, it's a L2P issue not a instance difficulty issue.

More than welcome to call me out. Watch the stream, it's always up when I'm online. I don't hide, I put it out there so everyone can see it.

Sounds like a troll post here.

Black Talon actually scales the player down to it's level, so it can probably be soloed, with a decent companion, by anyone level 20+.

You want to impress people with that smack talk about soloing Tactical Flashpoints, go solo Manaan or Blood Hunt. Stream that.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

Sorry I don't have a level 17. It will be the 65 Operative Healer

Don't worry all streams are saved on twitch, hit box, and YouTube.

I use restream.io to stream to all 3 sites. Chat will be active

The easiest way to it is via SWTOR.tv since this site has all 3 streams listed

Edited by knowmyname

/challenge_accepted

Sweet! I'm at work so I can't guarantee I'll be able to watch it live, but I'll definitely check it out it when I get off otherwise. Hopefully I'll learn something.

Good luck!

(quote function broken for anyone else?)

Edited by Unperson

/challenge_accepted

I will be live in 4 hours

SWTOR.tv

Hammer Station, Taral V, and Maelstrom Prison

Just to make it more interesting I'm deployed, on a 4G wifi connection using a Lenovo y510p Laptop with a ping to Shadowlands around 250-350 with spikes to 1.5k. Not ideal but still able to work it. It's not an excuse, just letting you know what I'm dealing with when I'm online and streaming 720p content @ 30 FPS

When at home I stream at 1080p @ 60 FPS on a full custom loop 4770K and GTX 780tiSC and 100/50 connection while playing on a Qnix QX2710 2560x1440 resolution overclocked to 110Hz

^ You might well be one of the better players in the game, and if so, good for you...

But you can't design a game around a player like you. Double that for a now VERY casual game such as SWTOR.

Yes, some of the FP are "easy", but many are not, some are bugged, and many were never touched to clean them up for tactical roles. The bosses are generally not the problem (sometimes they are), but usually it is the trash along the way that kills.

Oh sure, a bunch of geared 65s can clear them, but that wasn't the point of them in the first place, now was it?

You're simply choosing to ignore what many people are saying, and that is they aren't designed for their new role, the bolster doesn't fix the issues of missing abilities, and in general a lot of people have stopped playing them.

^ You might well be one of the better players in the game, and if so, good for you...

But you can't design a game around a player like you. Double that for a now VERY casual game such as SWTOR.

Yes, some of the FP are "easy", but many are not, some are bugged, and many were never touched to clean them up for tactical roles. The bosses are generally not the problem (sometimes they are), but usually it is the trash along the way that kills.

Oh sure, a bunch of geared 65s can clear them, but that wasn't the point of them in the first place, now was it?

You're simply choosing to ignore what many people are saying, and that is they aren't designed for their new role, the bolster doesn't fix the issues of missing abilities, and in general a lot of people have stopped playing them.

Agreed, though I'm not ignoring them. I am trying to show what's wrong with companions compared to Pre-4.0 in HMFP

Now if these Post-4.0 Companions are "Over Powered" as they say, then lowbies should have zero issues in tacticals. Kick a guy out and bring in these "Over Powered" companions.

Also trying to show that's it's players not the tactical FP that's giving players issues.

I'm not the greatest player or drinking AWESOMESAUSE. Just another player that knows how to play the Flashpoints.

Found the Hammer Station tactical where the tank dropped, DPS disconnected, and the 2nd DPS dropped and I soloed

Twitch.tv/Therapy_Needed Dec 27th, 2015 look for the 1:01:37 video and fast forward to around 30 minutes into it. That's where we hit the first boss and I tank on the operative healer. The tank dropped in that fight since he wouldn't do his job and I took over. (I'll link it when I get back to the room, iPads suck)

The video cuts off later due to an Nvidia driver crash I had and fixed but the end of the stream never made it. I did complete that tactical just because I could. Though I'll put up a fresh one today/tonight. It's the afternoon here so it's after mid-night when I will be live in the states.

EDIT: Two videos later is the completion of Hammer Station tactical solo. Dec 27th 2015 the 1:46:39 video picks up where I left off after that driver crash. I rebooted after the crash and reloaded in to wrap it up alone. Just Pierce to keep me company.

http://www.twitch.tv/therapy_needed/v/33386794 <---- hammer station tactical part 1

http://www.twitch.tv/therapy_needed/v/33386946 <---- hammer station tactical part 2

Edited by knowmyname

No, i like it now, so much fun beside it take less time to find one than before. Even 4 DPS still fun, if one sudden disconnect or quit, i just call my comp and keep play till someone join or we finish it. Well my gear now pretty good compare with 2 week ago and my T7 now have reach rank 50 so it more easier. Learn to play and teach other how to play or quit.

Flashpoint: Hammer Station

Mode: Tactical

Advanced Class: Sentinel

Discipline: Combat

Companion: T7

Companion influence rank: 30

Companion role: Heal

Gear:

204 6-piece Weaponmaster

208/216 with 200/208 augments, not yet fully augmented

204 relics

To make it more difficult. Well, actually I don't have a choice... I'm visually impaired.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

I even had two failed attempts between part 3 and 4. :eek:

Edited by Halinalle