Agent class to start with?

LordPorkins

Hi all

I recently started the game again after many years away, mainly to play with my kids. I wasn't familiar with the classes so I thought I would re-watch the promo videos that Bioware released that compared the classes, the 'Who would win' videos.

I like the idea of an imperial agent, the kids are playing light sabre wielders, and enjoy a mobile shooting character. So I watched the youtube video setting the agent against the jedi consular to get a feel for the class.

One of the things that was mentioned in that video was that the 'agent wins with preparation', and likes to control the battlefield. What does this mean in game terms? Is there stuff that I need to do with the character before engaging in battles? What do I do to control the battlefield? Is it a character that uses a lots of stuns and stuff to slow down others?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

I also returned to SWTOR after years and while I did not stared to play Imperial Agent I didn't noticed them to spend lots of time preparing for each fight.

Simplest ways to ge idea how does class works is to watch some guides/overwievs on youtube or to hit class trainers and read about all skills IA has + read discipline description and perks.