[PETITION] A request to know the exact details of 2.4, the "PVP patch"

TheGreatFrosty

It has been 8-9 months since any significant changes were made to PVP. We were promised content "shortly after" 2.0 and are now setting at an October release date for 2.4, the patch cited to contain improvements to PVP.

This is a petition to request that Bioware give us the details of that patch, rather than simply teasing us with the promise of content as they have so harshly done for the past half year. Most of us stay loyal to this game because we enjoy the PVP, but many are leaving and will continue to leave until new features are implemented.

We need arenas. We need 4v4 content. We need a ranked season. We don't need a single new WZ.

Please Bioware, enlighten us and give PVPers a reason to stay subbed. Tell us what we can expect from 2.4 and please do not be purposefully vague. Stop taking for granted your PVP fanbase.

DISCLAIMER : Those that sign in this thread are not under the expectation that any details revealed will be guaranteed and set in stone. We understand the problems with over promising. However, what we need to know is what is in the works and what the expected outcome is.

Edited by TheGreatFrosty

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BioWare said in a Blog from 1.2:

"In Game Update 1.2, any level 50 player will be able to queue up for Ranked Warzones by themselves or in a group of any size up to eight players."

"The Ranked Warzone matchmaking system will match full groups of eight against one another, solo players against one another, players with similar ratings."

"We know that the flexible matchmaking and mixed matches are not ideal. They are only in until cross-server queuing is available and are the primary reason Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2 are Pre-Season."

Patch 1.2 was released 12/4/2012.

They pulled RWZ at the last possible moment and released it in 1.3, ONLY 8 man teams able to que(still are). The Solo/grouphowevermany feature was pulled. The cross-server queing was never again talked about. We are over 1 year into Pre-Season and still we havent seen or heard anything of what they stated in this blog. BioWare need to respond because 2.4 is far away atm.

Source: http://www.swtor.com/blog/pvp-game-update-1.2

Edited by Chrisarn

Well looks like BW dont want us as customers tbh

We been looking for Wildstar closely in Harbinger

Looks like even thou the game dont launch before end off the year its faster then BW will give us anything

I just hate fact that BW did everything they could to kill the game and fun off it

Shame

I PvP a lot and I completely agree with many things being said on this forum about BW leaving us in the dark. That being said, if you've been here a while you should know by now that they don't give details out so far away (at least the details you are looking for). They'll give you what they hope to do at best. Any solid information on the other hand will be nowhere to be seen until much nearer the time.

Better question is how many pvp'rs will stick around till 2.4. playing the same 5 WZs and trying to figure out what pve gear they should wear in pvp.

This is how I feel. PvE get new Tier that will SMASH the current PvP tier (THAT ALREADY ARE 2 TIERS BELOW CURRENT PVE TIER)

I PvP a lot and I completely agree with many things being said on this forum about BW leaving us in the dark. That being said, if you've been here a while you should know by now that they don't give details out so far away (at least the details you are looking for). They'll give you what they hope to do at best. Any solid information on the other hand will be nowhere to be seen until much nearer the time.

I think this warrants an exception to their usual approach of non-communication on details. They've been able to talk about what 2.2 and 2.3 will bring, and only yesterday it was hinted that the PVP patch will be "soon" after 2.2. Most, including me, took that to mean 2.3. However, yet again we've been teased with the promise of content only to discover that we'll be 'happy' with 2.4. But this game has been so lacking in PVP content for so long that it is only fair that we have all the information to make an informed decision about our future with the game, and the future of PVP in general.

These details are needed. Talking of PVP content is far too vague and most will agree that significant features need to be implemented or else the PVP here will disappear, even more than it already has done.

Better question is how many pvp'rs will stick around till 2.4. playing the same 5 WZs and trying to figure out what pve gear they should wear in pvp.

This!

I am not that interested to know the changes if they will occur 5 month from now. PvP content was expected with 2.0 not 6 month later.

Edited by Ottoattack

Or they already have the content, but because they have no staff apart from cartel pack creation designers, they are holding back content and drip feeding us slowly to try and keep us happy. I demand to know what is on the horizon for PvP, fed up of being left in the dark.

They gave the PvE'rs exact details of what new content to expect in 2.2 onwards.

The LEAST they could is say, PvP'rs you're getting a new WZ, Gametype, OWPvP, Ranked Season, 4v4 content etc. They don't NEED to tell us what the exact thing is, but just saying what category it would fall under? That would be great, because at this very moment, my continued sub depends on whether or not I have something to look forward to.

Saddly there is no way they are going to tell us anything as if they dont put in there or meet the time frame there will be a huge uproar. However the flipside is if they dont start communicating or pumping out PvP stuff they are going to lose more and more of the PvP player base. For them its a catch 22 likely damned if they do damned if they dont. But they put themselves in this bind.

At the Dallas meeting **** they stated PvPers would be "happy" with the upcoming patch which led to speculation of 2.2 but likely 2.3 being PvP focused, then today they drop the bomb nope maybe next Oct and really it might not be **** in it for PvPers other then a gear reset. If they thought we would be happy about waiting till Oct they are freaking high.

Honestly whatever their plan is if they can't get it sorted out for October they can keep it so I don't see why they can't fill us in. Go ahead BW enlighten us. Why should we stay?

You tell us we'll be pleased then give us no details for a PvP patch that going by your release schedule ~7 weeks after 2.3 drops in August. which would make it hot on the heels of the last one (12/11/2012). Unless you count bolster which did far more harm than good. We have been in pre-season 1 for over a year. No mention of cross server queues (although by then we shouldn't need them since so many people will be gone we should all be on one server).

So what's it going to be BW? Are you going to tempt us or are going to stay quiet and watch us all walk away?

Agree and quote.

I'm a subscriber since the release date of this game and devs seems that are enjoying to pull our legs. **** this, I tried to be civil, I tried to give them a second chance, I trusted their words, they said that 2.2 was the patch that we were waiting for pvp... And instead just the CC Breaker reset on death? Are u *********** kidding me?

Another slap in our face.

Anyway signed for this petition.

THIS. Its been rated preseason for over a year, and by the time they (presumably) release it in October or so with 2.4 it will have been a year and a half. And my guess is, update 2.4 won't even bring season 1 of rateds. They likely will change the pvp with that update, and then wait another 2 updates until everyone gets used to it before they actually implement season 1.

Obviously the devs don't care about the pvp player base at all. In fact they care about us so little, that they probably don't even care about all the subs they are going to lose over this. I already know people who unsubdued after reading this new news.

There is no hope for pvp in this game, at all. If you like what it is at the moment, by all means continue playing. But if you are hoping that there are going to be new warzones, or rated seasons, or pvp updates......better to unsub now. Bioware is only holding the carrot on the stick in front of your face so they can keep your subsciption money for another 6 months to help fund their future PVE updates.

THIS. Its been rated preseason for over a year

Pre-season came out at the end of June 2012...although it was planned (1.2) to come out over a year ago...

Edited by Pistols

Ranked PvP shouldn't have even been implemented until they figured out cross server wz's. There could be 600 people on fleet, but only 2-3 ranked groups queuing. And those groups are the same groups each day. I really enjoy the pvp in this game, but waiting 30-40 min to play the same people in ranked over and over got boring many months ago. Personally I don't mind not having new pvp "content" often (played the same 3 bg's in WoW for years!). That being said it would be nice if they fixed all the damn bugs. I still see things that have been around since launch like players suddenly going invisible/untargetable. I stick around because it has so much potential, but like many others have stated that potential looks further and further away with each passing patch. I enjoy the PVE content, but it only lasts so long before getting stale. Increasing the difficulty of an Op only makes it get stale that much quicker.

I'm not sure what annoys me more, the fact that we're expected to wait with our thumbs up our asses until October, or that they didn't even think it would bother us and mentioned it at the very end of a page long synopsis of upcoming pve content I honestly don't give two ***** about.

/signed

So basically, we have a PvP patch coming that they have nothing planned for, just to placate us. Great.

If they do eventually plan something, though i wouldnt expect it before 3.0, i hope they do tell us up front and completely openly about what it is so we can make sure they dont **** up again. Not that they are even guaranteed to listen to us.