How big a Star Wars fan are you?

Etapi

I actually also have a republic tat on the other arm, ep. IV style as well, with a starfield in the background, but no convenient shots of it. Also, it says 'The Force is strong with this one' in case you can't read it.

Been discussing with my tat guy about a Boba Fett on my calf, that will probably be my next piece.

Not my only tats, but some of my fav's for sure.

Edited by Etapi

I guess it depends how you define "fan." I like the 3 original movies (apart from the Ewok bit) and read a couple of the novels, and many of the games have been good or even exceptional - Dark Forces, Jedi Knight/2/Academy, TIE fighter, X-Wing Alliance, Republic Commando, KOTOR. Eps 1 & 2 were cinematic atrocities, but the change of mood in ep 3 was refreshing. It finally felt like the prequels were actually telling a story instead of just arbitrarily dropping names & lines from the originals in between cringeworthy attempts at comedy, nauseating "romantic" scenes and gratuitious lightsaber battles.

I don't like the the black & white nature of the movies. Empire bad Republic good, Sith bad Jedi good. Empire big oppressor, Republic moral-highground-underdog.

Erm, why the heck am I playing a Star Wars game?

I love sci-fi. The Star Wars universe is a rich canvas to write a story on. SWTOR's stories actually have grey areas. People in the republic are doing good things, doing stupid things, doing just plain evil things. Ditto Empire. I liked the trooper storyline, it fits the class very well (you're a soldier, it's a war story). I like the smuggler's storyline, again it fits the class well and is quite light-hearted compared to the trooper story. Both stories are well-paced as the war escalates.

And I've just started chapter 2 of the Imperial Agent storyline. The Empire actually has depth to it. Alot of depth. I won't spoil the storyline.

So although I'm not a Star Wars fan, I am a SWTOR fan.

Love the Star Wars universe myself, not just the movies. The books provide a huge, rich tapestry to explore. And they are much more flushed out than the movies are. Hence the fact that I have both factions tattoo's

I myself am a pretty big fan, and have been since I was 7 and saw Ep IV for the first time when it was released in 77. Proof!

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/6448/newtatl.jpg

Pretty close to my age. Saw it in '77 at the age of eight.

To answer the question though, very big fan or I wouldn't be playing this game. Waiting patiently while EAWare cycles through their ebbs and flows.

I am a big fan. My computer room has posters and toys from all the films. Have worn a SW belt buckle almost religiously since 1978. Saw the movie when first released. Love everyone released since...ALL OF THEM! ;)

I was 4 years old when I saw "A New Hope" in theaters. I don't know that I understood much of what was going on, but I loved R2-D2 and I really, really, really loved Princess Leia. :)

35 years later, I still get a bit of a chill when I watch that star destroyer crawl across the screen chasing after the Tantive IV. I credit Star Wars with my love of science fiction in general, and the timeless story involved in "A New Hope" with my quest to now become a screenwriter myself.

I had some of the comic books that came out between Episode IV and V, a particular magazine/newspaper that had a bunch of trivial articles and extra information about Rebel and Empire technology and so forth, and copies of just about every form of the movies except for the laserdiscs and Blu-Rays, including the VHS copies I still have of the original theatrical movies where Han shoots first.

I've got a huge collection of the original Kenner action figures, one of the 12" Darth Vader dolls, an X-Wing and TIE Fighter toy, the Droid Construction Playset, a promotional insert from one of the toys that listed the title of Episode VI as "Revenge of the Jedi", and even the Yoda action figure that I had to save up Kenner points for and obtain by mail. Along with my Ben Kenobi action figure, he and Yoda are a staple at pretty much every workstation in any job I've ever held.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention my 1978 Star Wars video game for the TRS-80, which had TIE Fighters which looked like |-o-| and Darth Vader's boss fighter which looked like <-o-> as they trickled down the screen. An avid player of X-Wing Arcade at the 7-Eleven on the way home from elementary school, and of the mess that was Empire Strikes Back on Atari, through the awesomeness that was the original X-Wing which was so damned hard we'd play it with a co-pilot who drove the keyboard while you were doing the rest. Played Dark Forces and several others like JK and JK2 and up through Battlefront, although I entirely skipped SWG and the KOTORs as I'd pretty much left gaming for a while.

Before ultimately winding up back here with SWTOR, and loving every minute of it since launch in December.

No tattoos though. That's hardcore. Kudos!

Now if I could just manage to get introduced to Lindsey Liberatore, I think I could put my Star Wars obsession to rest forever...

LOL, I always try to convince my wife that it is not an obsession, it is a lifestyle, not sure she buys it though.

I have been rebuilding my collection slowly, as a lot of it was thrown out by my mother when I was younger. Even picked up an original R2-D2/C-3PO belt buckle.

Also currently working on my Ep. IV Stormtrooper build, can't wait to wear it. :)

My dad took me to see Phantom Menace when it came out and I was like 4-5 years old.

Yeah yeah... prequels... I know :3

So for me, Star Wars has pretty much always "been there"... I played pretty much every Star Wars game from the N64 to SWTOR. Have a ton of the Hasbro toys from when I was a "kid" and I still hunt and peck for some today....

...I still get a bit of a chill when I watch that star destroyer crawl across the screen chasing after the Tantive IV.

Kubernetic, I believe you and I often disagree about things here on the forums, but not in this case.

I also was 7 in '77 like a few here. That opening scene blew my little mind. I remember feeling the theater rumble when those flew over. Still makes my hair stand on end.

It's good to see many of us old enough to remember....and to have enjoyed....the Star Wars hype of the time. I remember begging my parents to buy the soundtrack album (they did)...all the toys....the Burger King glasses....comic books....trading cards (I has a ton of those.....). Star Wars was freaking everywhere!

Good memories.

Remember it being all over the news? People camped out, lined up for blocks to get tickets. The interviews with the people in line "I've seen it 20 times now....." LOL

Take a look at how long that movie was #1 at the box office.

Movies will never have that kind of impact again, thanks to video/dvd/blu-ray.

Edited by Skoobie

Kubernetic, I believe you and I often disagree about things here on the forums, but not in this case.

I also was 7 in '77 like a few here. That opening scene blew my little mind. I remember feeling the theater rumble when those flew over. Still makes my hair stand on end.

It's good to see many of us old enough to remember....and to have enjoyed....the Star Wars hype of the time. I remember begging my parents to buy the soundtrack album (they did)...all the toys....the Burger King glasses....comic books....trading cards (I has a ton of those.....). Star Wars was freaking everywhere!

Good memories.

Remember it being all over the news? People camped out, lined up for blocks to get tickets. The interviews with the people in line "I've seen it 20 times now....." LOL

Take a look at how long that movie was #1 at the box office.

Movies will never have that kind of impact again, thanks to video/dvd/blu-ray.

Absolutely! And not sure about you, but for me, now that I think about it, it was double goodness... because not only did Star Wars hit the theaters, but so did Smokey & The Bandit... and I loved them both!

I do remember begging to go back and see Star Wars again. And even dressing up as a Stormtrooper for Halloween that year (or it might have been the next), with the little plastic trooper mask with a rubber band holding it on your head.

Those were great times... fantastic times to be a kid. We had it good. :)

5 foot, 8 inches. 130lbs.

LOL.I'm 191 cm tall, and 125 Kg! A BIG FAN!

I play Star wars games from 1977 Star Wars: Escape from the Death Star ( board game) till now.( at my work i still play Star wars Rebellion!)(I'm 48).

i think the next will be Star wars 1313!

Edited by Gerulas