Best things to buy in the Cartel Market? (In your Opinion of course.)

If you haven't bought fully upgraded rocket boots & completely removed the cooldown from your fleet pass (both of these are legacy wide unlocks btw), you really aught to, it makes life muuuuuuuch easier.

I heard that rocket boots sucked? Something about they only lasted 15 seconds then cooldown, and didn't make you much faster...

I heard that rocket boots sucked? Something about they only lasted 15 seconds then cooldown, and didn't make you much faster...

fully upgraded you get 15 seconds on & 15 seconds off (15 sec cooldown) & as far as speed, I am almost positive that it is equal to rank 3 speeder piloting. I too was skeptical, but after purchasing them, I find that they are a godsend.

fully upgraded you get 15 seconds on & 15 seconds off (15 sec cooldown) & as far as speed, I am almost positive that it is equal to rank 3 speeder piloting. I too was skeptical, but after purchasing them, I find that they are a godsend.

Hmm... I think I might try them then. One more question: do they deactivate after being attacked? (Like how you get knocked off speeders when enemies start attacking you.)

Hmm... I think I might try them then. One more question: do they deactivate after being attacked? (Like how you get knocked off speeders when enemies start attacking you.)

unfortunately they do. Think of them as a temporary speeder on a short cooldown that can be used in areas where speeder's aren't allowed.

Lord no... 12 seconds of boost, 18 seconds of cool down... Rank three speeder speed...

But none of that is the thing,,, they can be used anywhere, inside caves, indoors, in your ship...

Shift 2 is my keybind and I use them all the time, probably my most often used skill outright.

These are the things I can't do without...

Legacy Unlocks. Buy only once, every character on your Legacy (aka Server) will have it.

1. Ship Repair Droid

2. Ship Mailbox

3. Ship GTN Kiosk

4. Full (3 stage) CD Reduction on Rocket Boots (See below)

5. Full (3 stage) CD Reduction on Priority Travel: Personal Starship (See Below)

Character Perks. Buy once for each character.

1. Rocket Boots. 'Nuff said

2. Priority Travel: Personal Starship

Global (Account-wide) Unlocks.

Cargo Hold Tab(s)

Inventory Row(s)

At least one (1) Cartel Speeder (from Collections)

Echoing the rocket boost suggestion. Fully unlocked, they're great for long "no mounts allowed" corridors and new alts that don't have speeders. I especially enjoy that you can use them while stealthed!

Depending on how you get along with/use your Companions, you may find that the character perks for increased affection gains are nice to have, but I wouldn't use CC's until after you've unlocked the cheaper tier(s) with credits.

Storage unlocks (cargo bay tabs) can be a good choice too, but again, only the later ones that are more expensive in credits.

Legacy Unlocks. Buy only once, every character on your Legacy (aka Server) will have it.

1. Ship Repair Droid

2. Ship Mailbox

3. Ship GTN Kiosk

4. Full (3 stage) CD Reduction on Rocket Boots (See below)

5. Full (3 stage) CD Reduction on Priority Travel: Personal Starship (See Below)

Character Perks. Buy once for each character.

1. Rocket Boots. 'Nuff said

2. Priority Travel: Personal Starship

This. And, of course, quick travel/fleet pass cooldowns, if you can't buy them for credits.

I would wait before buying ship mailbox/ship gtn/ship droid, though. Those were invaluable in the past, but with the strongholds coming, everybody will be able to buy gtn/mail/shop decorations, and they will possibly be much cheaper than the ship GTN kiosk.

Before getting my fleet cooldown to zero and before the quick travel terminals were everywhere, I used my ship much more for stuff. I used to do a lot of listing and cargo work there.

Now? I almost never go to my ship, ever... I don't even use the hangers anymore on the fleet, since it is faster to either just fast travel to the ship (with only a 1 hour cool down, it is usually fine), or I use the quick travel terminal just outside the hanger.

Nice part of that, I no longer have to care WHICH hanger I go into, since they all work at the terminal, so I now use whatever is closer.

Now for the most part, my ship is unused.

For what it is worth, most of the time if I'm out in the world, I find it faster to fleet pass to the fleet, then rocket boost to the closest hanger, then use the quick travel terminal to go to my ship.

Nuts, but that is what it has become.

Echoing the rocket boost suggestion. Fully unlocked, they're great for long "no mounts allowed" corridors and new alts that don't have speeders. I especially enjoy that you can use them while stealthed

The rocket boost which I use for months is not even fully upgraded but it really quickens leveling up. I wouldn't have made a single alt to level 10 without it. It is like air to me.

In the sea am I have only bought two different armor sets

at the time it only costed 7 at the time it only costed 75 coins on sal

some kind o some kind of armor vest that looks like something that the first and CPU meter that help that helps me man many times because I do not have to dit did no because it did not have to do any heroics to get something like that give you 300 armor protection

Now all we need is a new pair of holo statues...

One to access the GTN from anywhere.

Another to provide the quick travel terminal anywhere, the one that is by the hanger entrance and in the daily areas...

Actually, one more... I would like a holo statue row of mission terminals, PvP, daily, and ops.

I have my own list, but first I want to call out that a lot of these I spent with credits, not cartel coins! However, I sill classify them as cartel market items.

Everyone says rockets boots, however the following are items that I have found the most useful, especially when leveling a new toon and are listed in order of importance/convenience.

Revan holo-statue. Cartel coins for account wide unlock, initial purchase was credits via GTN. This allows me to set down a repair and sell junk holo wherever I want. It lasts one minute and the cooldown is 1 minute, so there is really no downtime.

Fleet pass cool down reduction. Being able to go to the fleet instantly from anywhere is great with no cooldown.

Quick Travel cool down reduction. 10 minute cool down. I wish it was less, but I find myself using QT more often and I don't have to be stingy with it.

Account wide inventory unlocks. Purchased via credits on the GTN. Starting a level 1 ton with all inventory slots is great.

Account wide cargo bay unlocks. Purchased via credits on the GTN. Knowing I never have to buy these again is awesome.

Rocket Boots. Credits via Legacy window, but that was pre-cartel market. CC is the way to go today. Yeah they are great, but notice they are not my number one item.

Treek account wide unlock. You know why.

Early speeder unlock. When you used to be able to buy speeder 3 at level 1, it was awesome and back then I would put this over rocket boots. Now they fixed it and you have to wait until level 10 I think to get level 1, so Rockets boots is better as it is the only way to get around the starter planets quickly. Early speeder is still great though.

Account wide unlock for any Endurance or Power crystal

Any cartel armor account wide unlock. This gives a level one character a helmet, bracers, and belt which provides a little extra armor that you normally would not have

Any account wide adaptive speeder unlock

Trainer holo-statue. great for leveling, but not 100% necessary. You can live without it, hence the bottom of the list.

Here is a list of items I have bought that I really wanted, but in practice I use much less than what I thought. In order of the first item I use the least, last item I still use, just not that much.

Ship Repair Droid. I don't need it for repairs due to the Revan holo, only the unique items it sells, which I have bought one time and could have gone to someone else's ship to do so.

Field repair droid. I have the Revan holo, this really isn't needed.

Reduced cool-down for companions to sell junk. In theory this should be great, but with a Revan holo statue account unlocked, this is obsolete.

Ship GTN unlock. Paid via CC. I spend more time in the VIP area of the fleet due to the mailbox and cargo bay being next to the GTN terminal there.

Ship Mailbox. Paid via CC. I just don't spend enough time on my ship.

So, thoughts? Anything critical I missed?

EDIT: Formatting

Edited by crubel

I have my own list, but first I want to call out that a lot of these I spent with credits, not cartel coins! However, I sill classify them as cartel market items.

Everyone says rockets boots, however the following are items that I have found the most useful, especially when leveling a new toon and are listed in order of importance/convenience.

Revan holo-statue. Cartel coins for account wide unlock, initial purchase was credits via GTN. This allows me to set down a repair and sell junk holo wherever I want. It lasts one minute and the cooldown is 1 minute, so there is really no downtime.

Fleet pass cool down reduction. Being able to go to the fleet instantly from anywhere is great with no cooldown.

Quick Travel cool down reduction. 10 minute cool down. I wish it was less, but I find myself using QT more often and I don't have to be stingy with it.

Account wide inventory unlocks. Purchased via credits on the GTN. Starting a level 1 ton with all inventory slots is great.

Account wide cargo bay unlocks. Purchased via credits on the GTN. Knowing I never have to buy these again is awesome.

Rocket Boots. Credits via Legacy window, but that was pre-cartel market. CC is the way to go today. Yeah they are great, but notice they are not my number one item.

Treek account wide unlock. You know why.

Early speeder unlock. When you used to be able to buy speeder 3 at level 1, it was awesome and back then I would put this over rocket boots. Now they fixed it and you have to wait until level 10 I think to get level 1, so Rockets boots is better as it is the only way to get around the starter planets quickly. Early speeder is still great though.

Account wide unlock for any Endurance or Power crystal

Any cartel armor account wide unlock. This gives a level one character a helmet, bracers, and belt which provides a little extra armor that you normally would not have

Any account wide adaptive speeder unlock

Trainer holo-statue. great for leveling, but not 100% necessary. You can live without it, hence the bottom of the list.

Here is a list of items I have bought that I really wanted, but in practice I use much less than what I thought. In order of the first item I use the least, last item I still use, just not that much.

Ship Repair Droid. I don't need it for repairs due to the Revan holo, only the unique items it sells, which I have bought one time and could have gone to someone else's ship to do so.

Field repair droid. I have the Revan holo, this really isn't needed.

Reduced cool-down for companions to sell junk. In theory this should be great, but with a Revan holo statue account unlocked, this is obsolete.

Ship GTN unlock. Paid via CC. I spend more time in the VIP area of the fleet due to the mailbox and cargo bay being next to the GTN terminal there.

Ship Mailbox. Paid via CC. I just don't spend enough time on my ship.

So, thoughts? Anything critical I missed?

EDIT: Formatting

Very nice organized list. I just have one question: Why Treek? (I have never had him before BTW)

Treek is like HK with heals, basically. HK puts out more DPS, and is slightly more versatile, IMO. But Treek is good for people who either:

a) have no lvl 55 toon with the gear to go to SecX

b) commonly go into FPs without a full group (at any level)

c) want every companion available.

d) often run missions with one or more people who have HK.\

EDIT: Cru, I think you missed the legacy-wide HK unlock. It's worth the money to have that bada*s robot at level ten, regardless of your class.

Edited by Xakthul