Exploits and Galactic Command

EricMusco

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. This is "treasure island" repeating itself. Again they leave the loophole open, bait their players to use it, then go through the effort of researching and going after the players, instead of just closing the loophole. I don't understand how this makes sense to them.

Except players are smarter and work out how to easily use throw away accounts and other measures I won't go into to launder the ill gotten gains.

If there are sellable items from crates and crates can be exploited from CXP exploits expect people to exploit the crap out of for laundering purposes, especially RMT/Gold sellers.

Maybe you should figure out at some point that "something's wrong here. this shouldn't be possible."

If you're experienced gamer you can't just accidentally exploit a bug or mechanic that devs didn't block and be like "that must be part of the game!".

How short a memory you have. Anyone who used /stuck during Eternal Championship was banned from the contest and the trip to London. Even if they didn't use it to cheat the conversations, just made a mistake and decided to wipe, exit the instance and start from scratch.

Possibly HALF the contestants were disqualified.

Some parts of Galactic Command seem really buggy, as we don't know how its meant to work its hard to know if its working as intended, it seems that elite mobs dropping 10 a time is far more lucrative than completing some activities. While at the same time its hard to call anything an exploit when you get a bunch of random gear that is no better than a world drop.

Some parts of Galactic Command seem really buggy, as we don't know how its meant to work its hard to know if its working as intended, it seems that elite mobs dropping 10 a time is far more lucrative than completing some activities. While at the same time its hard to call anything an exploit when you get a bunch of random gear that is no better than a world drop.

Agreed, GC needs a good balance pass. There is zero incentive to run operations, flashpoints or uprisings. PvP, GSF or just grinding mobs is more efficient. I got to Command Rank 25 today, and I know I won't queue up in Group Finder for a long time, it's just not worth it.

I know I'm asking a lot. A lot of us are, but maybe like...do your jobs right and make it to where the exploits are not in there instead of shredding what's left of your dwindling player base?

I know, I know. It's quite the request. Doing your job before pushing content is hard. Just keep punishing the players for something you can't be bothered to fix. I don't condone cheating in the slightest, but I don't really condone laziness either.

Just saw on GTN that a single vendor has literally tens of thousands of Grade 10 Sliced Tech mats to sell. And it's just day 2! Never mind that they probably listed it on day 1.

Is it even possible to harvest these SLICED TECH mats anywhere?

Let the exploits begin perhaps? You can get them with Green Jawa Junk but 10's of 1000's isn't going to be a viable number for jawa junk 10-20K maybe but then why spend it on mats when you can get more for comp gifts.

Let the exploits begin perhaps? You can get them with Green Jawa Junk but 10's of 1000's isn't going to be a viable number for jawa junk 10-20K maybe but then why spend it on mats when you can get more for comp gifts.

Speaking of comp gifts, at fleet the level 5's were still 10K this morning before latest patch. Three of them equal a level 6, so that's a pretty good deal. The level 6 ones are just ridiculously overpriced.

Speaking of comp gifts, at fleet the level 5's were still 10K this morning before latest patch. Three of them equal a level 6, so that's a pretty good deal. The level 6 ones are just ridiculously overpriced.

Interestingly I had a bunch of purple ones in storage from cartel packs so put up stacks of 100 and noted the minimum sell price was ~20K each for purples. Be interesting if those sell if the vendor price is only 10K?

Interestingly I had a bunch of purple ones in storage from cartel packs so put up stacks of 100 and noted the minimum sell price was ~20K each for purples. Be interesting if those sell if the vendor price is only 10K?

I [used to] sell white mats at > vendor price, no reason buyers like that won't still be out there.

I [used to] sell white mats at > vendor price, no reason buyers like that won't still be out there.

True enough, works for gold plated hutt landscape reputation decorations, other decos bought with prefabs etc. etc. - not sure if it's convenience or lack of buyer knowledge.

True enough, works for gold plated hutt landscape reputation decorations, other decos bought with prefabs etc. etc. - not sure if it's convenience or lack of buyer knowledge.

I'm pretty sure it's option 2. I seem to recall a few posters being surprised when the white mats thing was pointed out in a discussion in the crew skills section a few years ago -- they really didn't know there was a crew skills vendor.

I don't really do it for the money, it's mostly when I'm bored and I just want to find out if there are people who still don't know where the "hidden" vendors are. I'm always surprised by how easy it is to sell decorations that I buy from the vendor that you get free when you get your first stronghold.

Im interested to know what you are going to do about your exploit the one where you tricked people into thinking that achievements were for life and not just for DVL events!

NOthing as ussual.

I have to say I experienced very very rude behaviour from the side of Bioware. Even here on forums, many of my threads were deleted without even PMing me about why, also no reactions for banning some accounts and many other things. Then things like this with the achievements, just taking them away like it was nothing!

They are playing GOD too much I would say and its very disturbing.

Well due to some unknown reason and the infamous wisdom of those in the know over at BioWare and EA you have just practically given us no reason what so ever to do the Heroic missions any more.

I am not sure what led to the decision of making Gold strength mobs go from 10cxp to 1cxp but if you are a casual gamer not some lunatic spending 15hrs a day grinding for 3 days then your cap of 318k cxp wouldnt be reached at all doing the Heroics.

You would be lucky to get 10-15 Gold mobs on a typical run through some of the heroics which meant that 150cxp plus the 20cxp for Bonus and 20cxp for completion gave you 200 per time which was reasonable for the amount of time your spending going from place to place.

Now instead you will be lucky to walk away with 100cxp in 3 Heroics or even a daily quests.

Maybe you need to clarify what you want us to do, I am not going to spend my life in Warzones! I hate PVP and the only reason I did it recently was for the Conquest points to help the guild out but we are not in a position to run NiM to get insane amount of CXP and Uprising will soon become boring if your doing nothing but repeating them.

As for the question of what is an exploit, it is really quite simple. Play the game/content as it was intended and there is no risk. If you are playing through content in a way that was not intended, it can be considered an exploit and subject to investigation/action.

-eric

Uh, and how are we supposed to know what you intended? Read your alleged minds? The whole complaint here is that you are being unreasonably vague, DOH!

Uh, and how are we supposed to know what you intended? Read your alleged minds? The whole complaint here is that you are being unreasonably vague, DOH!

Considering that from day 1 of early access there was Bestia farming for CXP, not only with deliberate intent to NOT complete the operation but doing so regardless of what the currently unlocked operation was,

instead of blaming the devs for supposedly being "vague",

players should be owning up to their disgusting hypocrisy around exploiting the game.

Well due to some unknown reason and the infamous wisdom of those in the know over at BioWare and EA you have just practically given us no reason what so ever to do the Heroic missions any more.

I am not sure what led to the decision of making Gold strength mobs go from 10cxp to 1cxp but if you are a casual gamer not some lunatic spending 15hrs a day grinding for 3 days then your cap of 318k cxp wouldnt be reached at all doing the Heroics.

You would be lucky to get 10-15 Gold mobs on a typical run through some of the heroics which meant that 150cxp plus the 20cxp for Bonus and 20cxp for completion gave you 200 per time which was reasonable for the amount of time your spending going from place to place.

Now instead you will be lucky to walk away with 100cxp in 3 Heroics or even a daily quests.

Maybe you need to clarify what you want us to do, I am not going to spend my life in Warzones! I hate PVP and the only reason I did it recently was for the Conquest points to help the guild out but we are not in a position to run NiM to get insane amount of CXP and Uprising will soon become boring if your doing nothing but repeating them.

They always intended solo players to advance the slowest through galactic command. But at 10CXP per elite, on the lower level planets and in elite-heavy areas with fast respawn rates, solo players could potentially be advancing the quickest. You could kill twenty elites and get 200 CXP in the span of 3 minutes.

While I don't like this change either, I can see why they made it.