Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Chirikyat Ascendancy vs Republic Resistance

“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Darkness has fallen. Darth Traya’s short-lived victory over the Droid Supremacy has left her forces decimated, seemingly no longer able to maintain her grip over the galaxy Traya has fled known space. Without a word she took her personal starship and retreated from her dark temple on Coruscant. Darth Maul arose, attempting to claim power, but remaining Sith in Traya’s ranks had other ideas. No omniscient leader left, they began to war amongst themselves until nothing remains of the Imperium but ruin. Now new leaders and old foes rise from the depths of every world, ready to once more do battle for the fate of the Galaxy...

Round 1: The Chirikyat Ascendancy vs The Republic Resistance

Welcome to the first round of Kaggath Battlegrounds! Where instead of the entire galaxy, combatants will compete in planetary arena, where every soldier, stronghold and ship counts.

For all those of you aren't aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. But the Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s set out the ground rules:

• The arena: Yavin 4 - see faction rundowns for BOE.
  • #1 The Kaggath is won or lost when the leader of either faction is killed.
  • #2 No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base or influence.
  • #3 No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • #4 No surrender, fight to the death!
  • #5 Apathy is death. Factions are not allowed to hide or wait. They must act.
  • #6 Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armoring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
  • #7 Factions are autonomous – players have no control over their faction’s decisions, this is instead determined by the nature of their leadership.

So, the combatants: StarSquirrel's Chirikyat Ascendancy under the banner of the fearsome Exar Kun, has rallied together an army of fierce warriors loyal to the dark side - amassing on the forested moon of Yavin 4, an ancient resting place for evils long past. But LadyKulvax's Republic Resistance, challenged by the Dark Lord on the terms of his ancient forefathers, has gathered to stop them. Championed by legendary Jedi Nomi Sunrider they are a loyal army of clone soldiers and Jedi warriors. While in space, both sides wield a powerful fleet of destroyers and battleships.

Behold the factions!

The Chirikyat Ascendancy

Base of Operations: The Temple of Exar Kun

Leadership

Head of State: Exar Kun, Dark Lord of the Sith

Second-in-Command: Mandalore the Indomitable

Allies: Darth Maul/TPM & Admiral Daala

Supplier: MandalMotors [Mandalore]

Supplier: Rothana Heavy Engineering [Rothana]

Ground Forces

Major Ground Force: Massassi Warriors [3900]

Minor Ground Force: Sun Guard [256]

Light Vehicle: Basilisk War Droid [22]

2nd Light Vehicle: Terentatek [22]

Heavy Vehicle: HAVw A5 Juggernaut [11]

Naval Forces

Fighter Classes: Aleph-class starfighter

Bomber Class: M12-L Kimogila heavy fighter

Elite Class: TIE Defender

Light Capital Ship: Kyramud-type battleship [13]

Heavy Capital Ship: Imperial-II class star destroyer [6]

Flagship: Anakin Solo [imperial II-class star destroyer]

Naval Officers: Mandalorian Crusaders

vs

The Republic Resistance

Base of Operations: The Great Temple

Leadership

Head of State: Grand Master Sunrider

Second-in-Command: Mace Windu

Allies: Commander Cody & Nek Bwua’tu

Supplier: Kuat Drive Yards [Kuat]

Organisation: Republic Intelligence [Coruscant]

Ground Forces

Major Ground Force: Clone Troopers/Third Systems Army [2,304]

Minor Ground Force: Jedi Knights/PT [50]

Light Vehicle: Unstable Terrain Artillery Transport (UT-AT) [34]

2nd Light Vehicle: XR-85 Tank Droid/3m variant [34]

Heavy Vehicle: HAVw A6 Juggernaut [9]

Naval Forces

Fighter Class: CF9 Crossfire starfighter

Bomber Class: I4 Ionizer starfighter

Elite Class: X-83 TwinTail starfighter

Light Capital Ship: Acclamator II-class assault ship [10]

Heavy Capital Ship: Venator-class star destroyer [4]

Flagship: Bellator-class dreadnought

Naval Officers: Grand Army of the Republic

The challenge has been accepted, and only one will leave this world victorious. Can Nomi vanquish the Sith forever or will the powers of the dark side overwhelm her? It’s a classic battle between the forces of good and evil, but who will win? The battle lines have been drawn...

Let the Kaggath begin!

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to note, before people point out that Exar Kun has an unfair advantage - thanks to his access to dark side nexi etc. I'd point out that the Republic Resistance has the advantage of the more heavily fortified Great Temple to offset this.

Anyway that's enough from me, the Arbiter for appointed for this round is Selenial, take it away! :D

Edited by Beniboybling

Looking at the initial here, I think the Republic will favor a longer fight they are at a numerical disadvantage and in some ways even a supply disadvantage on the ground, but they will have a good intel advantage as the enemy has no intel service at all.

For this reason as well as skilled knights on their team I feel most ambushes are going to go in the Republics favor, but the Ascendancies numbers and supplies should not be underestimate here. They could very well walk into a trap with more firepower then the trap can handle.

In space the Ascendancy has serious firepower but I would give the Republic the tactical advantage and with that and the mass of fighters it can deploy I feel the Ascendancy will be in trouble in space.

No doubt in my mind they have the firepower, but Daala I believe is outclassed by Nek in tactics and none of the Acendancies ships act as good fighter counters which the Republic has in droves.

This wont matter much though if the Acendancy can make a short war possible on the ground. As their firepower advantage there can make the space battle ultimately meaningless.

Edit: Honestly just looking at the power base here as well as my own factions I am very much getting the feel that this is the closest to a REAL Kaggath and less like a war then we have ever been. Amazing job putting this together Beni.

Edited by tunewalker

Republic Resistance

I designed this faction with the idea of having no weaknesses whilst maintaining a powerhouse.

The main trait of this faction is 'lightning war' or 'Blitzkrieg', whilst CNO Bwua'tu secures a space victory, Acclamators land right near or even on the frontlines and engage in an attack reminiscent of the Battle of Geonosis, with Juggernauts, UT-ATs and Tank Droids pushing deep through enemy lines deploying entire squads of men right into the thick of the fighting led by Marshall Commander Cody whilst being supported by artillery fire, battalions of reinforcements pouring out of the Acclamators with Jedi Knights and the supremely powerful Battle Meditation of Grand Master Sunrider.

Such a quick shock tactic should spell doom for nearly any defensive, if faced with the forces of the Dark Side, the Grand Master can muster together the Jedi Knights and Mace Windu to create a devastating Wall of Light to cripple Dark Siders en masse.

The Third Systems Army was highly skilled at launching speedy shock attacks on many worlds against the Separatists and won almost all of their battles.

In Space Bwua'tu is second to none as a tactician and strategist and with the advantage of multi-role warships and the massive Bellator-class in his cards, not to mention a vast array of many types of quality starfighters in such massive quantities he can play his pieces precisely how he wants and when he wants to.

Once secured of a space victory, any enemy resistance will be defeated by the landings of Venator ships near the doorsteps of the opposition's base.

Then whatever resistance remains on the supply and organization worlds of the enemy, will be ground down and defeated, once the enemy leaders are tracked down, the combined power of the legendary Grand Master Sunrider, the awesome power of Master Windu and the extremely well honed soldier in Marshall Commander Cody should secure this Kaggath victory and bring the Galaxy one step closer to order and peace under the Republic.

Edit: Honestly just looking at the power base here as well as my own factions I am very much getting the feel that this is the closest to a REAL Kaggath and less like a war then we have ever been. Amazing job putting this together Beni.
Thankyou. :D

I'm hoping it will live up to my expectations.

Edited by Beniboybling

I definitely believe I have both the tactical edge as well as the firepower edge here, with the Bellator-class Dreadnought.

According to Ansel Hsiao (3D modelling artist) it has 36 Octuple Barbette Turbolaser batteries, 140 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries, 60 Assault Concussion Missile launchers(30 Missiles each), 50 Point Defense Batteries, 40 NK-7 Ion Cannons, 20 Dual Proton Torpedo Launchers(26 Torpedos each), 15 Phylon Q-7 Tractor Beam Projectors, 2 Gravity Well Projectors, 8 KDY Shield Generators and a 560 fighter complement.

I should also note that all four members of my leadership have been described as skilled tacticians or better.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Suppose I'll get to writing my own analysis for when we get down to leadership battles. Rayla, is there anything else on Nomi that you haven't posted? You seem to be able to pull this stuff out from nowhere, so I don't want to miss anything.

I definitely believe I have both the tactical edge as well as the firepower edge here, with the Bellator-class Dreadnought.

According to Ansel Hsiao (3D modelling artist) it has 130 turbolasers, 60 concussion missile launchers, 50 point defence batteries, 40 ion cannons, 20 proton torpedo launchers, 15 tractor beam projectors, 2 gravity well projectors, 8 shield generators and 560 fighter complement.

I should also note that all four members of my leadership have been described as skilled tacticians or better.

That's good and all, but I already give Imp I's an overall firepower advantage over Venators even if a Venator has greater fire control and can have more piercing shots partially because the Imp I doubles the Venators energy output.

To top this off He has more then you do of both of his other types of ships AND the Imp II is 30% stronger then the Imp I for firepower.

I would give each Imp II a 50% advantage over the Venator's and the 2 extra he has makes up for the Ballator's advantage for me. To top it off he has more of the smaller ones as well so for me overall firepower does go to the Ascendancy.

But your ability to stay out of range of his more numerable cannons can even that score while also deploying fighters that only his flagship effectively counters with a supperior tactitian means the firepower advantage isnt going to matter.

Though I do warn trying to stay to long range for 1 reason the Ascendancies Flagship is equiped with Long Range Turbo laser proto types, it take a lot of energy does good damage but also has Massive range allowing it to outrange all previous types of Laser cannons.

Ultimately though the lack of fighter defenses I think will be the undoing of the Ascendancy along with the better tactitian on the Republic side.

(edit Not to mention I actually give each of your fighters the edge 1v1 vs his honestly, but that may be just my prefrence for those fighters talking. especially since half of them were my first draft picks when I threw together a faction ask beni lol)

Edited by tunewalker

Such a quick shock tactic should spell doom for nearly any defensive, if faced with the forces of the Dark Side, the Grand Master can muster together the Jedi Knights and Mace Windu to create a devastating Wall of Light to cripple Dark Siders en masse.

Just want to say, good luck all! Btw, who's faction is the ascendancy?

But yes, I wanted to touch on this from Rayla, whilst the wall of light js really something to consider, I believe Windus dance with the dark side, and the fact that most PT Jedi fall from the light at least partially when facing any foes bar Droids (and with the dark Presence on the world) I feel an en masse wall of light would be very difficult to pull off, though I believe a small party of hand picked Jedi would be able to pull it off.

Just a side note: Beni, in terms of faction creation, how did you decide the PT era Jedi would be split? Are they all Knights and above with a few masters or what? Seems like a small number, too small to allow for padawans.

Edited by Selenial

Just want to say, good luck all! Btw, who's faction is the ascendancy?

But yes, I wanted to touch on this from Rayla, whilst the wall of light js really something to consider, I believe Windus dance with the dark side, and the fact that most PT Jedi fall from the light at least partially when facing any foes bar Droids (and with the dark Presence on the world) I feel an en masse wall of light would be very difficult to pull off, though I believe a small party of hand picked Jedi would be able to pull it off.

Just a side note: Beni, in terms of faction creation, how did you decide the PT era Jedi would be split? Are they all Knights and above with a few masters or what? Seems like a small number, too small to allow for padawans.

As far as my understanding from the astric as to the reason for 50 only for Jedi it was and I quote

"Standardised number of Force-sensitive warriors in accordance with the Sith strike force that attacked the Jedi Temple during the Sacking of Coruscant."

So my understanding is they would all be Knight level and above from that reasoning.

As far as my understanding from the astric as to the reason for 50 only for Jedi it was and I quote

"Standardised number of Force-sensitive warriors in accordance with the Sith strike force that attacked the Jedi Temple during the Sacking of Coruscant."

So my understanding is they would all be Knight level and above from that reasoning.

Those sith were some of the most powerful in the empire, cut through Jedi like cake, which would mean these Jedi are almost entirely masters...

Just felt I'd clarify.

Those sith were some of the most powerful in the empire, cut through Jedi like cake, which would mean these Jedi are almost entirely masters...

Just felt I'd clarify.

*shrug* your the Arbiter, as far as I know its your job to decide the level of those Jedi :p.

That's the reason I was given as well. Uh, I mean, that's what I would be given... if I had Force users. Which I don't. :p

Yeah... So make them all Mak Lotor clones. :D

I doubt we are going to use a template of a single character for any Force Sensitive forces, but a level say 30 knights 20 masters or what ever sel decides and then we can talk about the typical knights of that era and their abilities. How each will be slightly different then the last and the broadness of overall abilities. Both standard abilities they will all have and the few unique abilities each are likely to have and specilization each is likely to have.

But ultimately its up to Sel whether she wants all of them to be knight or masters or even all just Padawans. Which ever she feels is the most FAIR. The number is 50, what level do you think would make that a fair number when compared to other minor forces.

Oh ok, I thought it would have been discussed beforehand or something, like I wanted to do wit..... Never mind. Point is I forgot :p

Ok, If it is my decision, then the Jedi need to pack a powerful punch but also not be overpowered.

I'd say 30 Knights, 20 Masters. With Jedi, master comes with time not necessarily more power, so I think they'd need this number of masters for leadership etc.

50 Jedi of these ranks couldn't likely face all the sun guard head on, true, but with support from clones and vehicles they'd fare very well and probably beat them out.

Of course these Jedi will all be Jedi who have seen battle before, they won't be Jedi who feel their duty lies off the front lines.

Of course Beni can overrule this decision, but it is my view, and the current stance that this thread will take :p

What? Says where?

Eh, I remember a quote saying they were hand picked by Malgus, and if you just look at the Trailer, the Sith are clearly winning against Jedi Protectors and temple guardians that all trained together, fight together, and were in a very strong Light Side Nexus,

It's an impressive feat from the Sith, and I'd rank them very highly.

Eh, I remember a quote saying they were hand picked by Malgus, and if you just look at the Trailer, the Sith are clearly winning against Jedi Protectors and temple guardians that all trained together, fight together, and were in a very strong Light Side Nexus,

It's an impressive feat from the Sith, and I'd rank them very highly.

No I mean the part about all the Jedi being masters and what not.

Ah...eh just forget it. Sel make em just average Jedi Knights with this

- Ability to block/deflect blaster bolts

- Ability to use basic application of Force Push/Pull/Jump

- Rudimentary in saber combat

There...it's not too great, but not too bad either. It's fine for no named Jedi.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

No I mean the part about all the Jedi being masters and what not.

Oh, that's not a quote, and I meant masters and knights, no padawans basically.

The Jedi were putting up a decent fight, but yeh, I'm pretty sure Padawans couldn't be temple guardians, as they couldn't train and were out in the face of danger, which means they're all knights who know where to fight and who to fight with etc.

Oh, that's not a quote, and I meant masters and knights, no padawans basically.

The Jedi were putting up a decent fight, but yeh, I'm pretty sure Padawans couldn't be temple guardians, as they couldn't train and were out in the face of danger, which means they're all knights who know where to fight and who to fight with etc.

See my edit, I think that's what the average no named Jedi would be around, could just go with that.