Announcing a Rated WZ tournament on the Prophecy of the Five server

MegaHeals

MARCH MADNESS "THE QUEST FOR MORE CREDITS"

Think your warzone team is the baddest in the SWTOR galaxy? Imperial Generals says "Prove it and show us the money!"

Seriously though, the Imperial Generals would like to propose and coordinate a WarZone tourney to be held on Saturday, March 2nd, Time TBD. The contest will feature 7 man teams participating in a bracket style tournament of random warzones. This will be a credit buy in tournament of $7 MILLION credits per team. With the first through third place splitting all credits collected 65% / 25% / 10%.

Here are the details and rules regarding the tournament -

Registration details -

All teams must come up with a "team name", team captain & participating members by posting on this website with your team members names on this forum post. The registration deadline for all teams participating is Saturday, February 23rd at 12 PM central. Registration is finalized when monies are received by "anitamedic" Monies must be paid starting Thursday February 21st ending Saturday, Februrary 23rd. The teams captains should collect all money and send 1 email with the $7 Million credits (not seperate emails with $1 million a piece, please). When these conditions have been met we'll update this post with the buyin status. If you want to register and send credits early that is fine, but it would be nice to wait please.

Substitutions -

After registration is complete, your team is finalized. Because PC's break & internet connections go down, we will allow a 1 player substitution only per team on the day of the tournament. No other substitutions are permitted and if you do not have enough players to fill out your roster you will have to play with the team you have logged on at a disadvantage.

Server outage - In case for some reason the server goes down in the middle of play, the following rules apply. If less than 50% of the bracket is completed all credits will be returned to each team and play will be suspended, and we'll possibly try and reschedule. If more than 50 of the bracket is completed, then all monies will be split equally among remaining teams.

PC Outage - If a game client crashes during a warzone Queue, we will allow one crash pert team per matchup. After each team uses their requeue, play goes on regardless of game client crashes. If your PC crashes or your internet disconnects during game play, that's just tough luck. Play goes on.

Bracket -

This will be a bracket style tournament with a double elimination bracket. Seeding will be done by random draw on Saturday, February 23rd. Brackets will be posted when complete. Teams in the consolation bracket may only compete for the 3rd place prize and may not challenge up to the main bracket. Bracket format may change depending on number of teams participating.

Gameplay rules

On March 2nd, all participating teams will meet up in a predetermined location to queue for rated warzones. Teams will only consist of 7 members. The 8th man on each team will be a neutral observer from another team not participating in the matchup and will be responsible for monitoring players and reporting results of the warzone matchup. These players will be marked with a shield, so DO NOT ATTACK THE OBSERVERS. Attacking and killing the observer will constitute a matchup loss for that WZ. We can handle a few blaster shots to an observer, but a kill = a loss in the best 2 out of 3 matchup. Observers please be cautious of the bridge in the Voidstar and firetraps in the pit. Cheating covered later....

Each bracket matchup will consist of best 2 out of 3 random rated warzones. If your team loses you drop down into the consolation bracket, if your team wins you advance in the main bracket.

Teams will queue for rated warzones when called and if they do not get the matchup they will leave the queue and requeue.

Gear -

All gear is allowed

Adrenals and Medpacs are allowed

GRENADES ARE ALLOWED :)

CHEATING

Cheating / hacking or exploiting is forbidden. If a member on your team cheats your teams is expelled from the tournaments. This includes any teleportation or any other known or unknown SWTOR hack. Because we have to police ourselves on this, we encourage all participants to video capture their matchups if the observers happen to miss something so it can be reviewed on youtube. Cheating complaints will reviewed and ultimately be decided on by members of the Imperial Generals guild and all decisions are final.

Sorry to end on a negative note, so lets all get registered and have a fun tournament!

Sincerely - Anitamedic

You all know Gingers was in this guild. That is all that needs to be said

You all know Gingers was in this guild. That is all that needs to be said

Gingers was not in IG. At least not since Ive been in it, and thats ben almost 6 months now :p

This is a great concept, and IG will be forming a team. Lets have some fun!

7 man teams? Why 7 man teams? Why not 8? And how is this a Rated WZ tournament? There are no places you can garantee people to go and have an objective style pvp.

7 man because the eighth is an observer. RWZ tourney because you cant que an 8 man group in regular WZs. Teams are welcome not to play objectively in the tourney, but they will loose :p

7 man because the eighth is an observer. RWZ tourney because you cant que an 8 man group in regular WZs. Teams are welcome not to play objectively in the tourney, but they will loose :p

What do you need a person to observe for? Why gimp a team?

MARCH MADNESS "THE QUEST FOR MORE CREDITS"

Teams will queue for rated warzones when called and if they do not get the matchup they will leave the queue and requeue.

Sincerely - Anitamedic

If i would be on your server i would make 8 man grp and que all night and just collext my 140 ranked coms every pop as all others would just quit the zone and get lots off -

Love Fluffy

but im not a nice guy so might just be me

If the teams are even, the teams arent gimped correct? Having an observer on each team to make sure the match goes well.

No the teams are gimped because your'e playing around a 7 man dynamic instead of an 8 man. You ever had a DC in rateds and seen the way your team lacked from it even if you were against a terribad... wait nevermind you'd have to actually be on a good rwz team in order to understand what i'm talking about.

No the teams are gimped because your'e playing around a 7 man dynamic instead of an 8 man. You ever had a DC in rateds and seen the way your team lacked from it even if you were against a terribad... wait nevermind you'd have to actually be on a good rwz team in order to understand what i'm talking about.

But it's 7 v 7

Lol nobody is going to mail you 7 million. This tourney is stupid, especially because of these dumb observer rules, especially since someone on the teams can just fraps the game. With the rule that killing the observer = instant loss, I foresee a bunch of collusion amongst different teams too. Edited by Smashbrother

While I agree the idea is terribly thought out I've never understood pvp players need to **** in someone elses cereal just because they don't like an idea.

You don't like it - don't participate. It's no wonder people stay away from rated's in this game when the general opinion is unless you're mad leet and have the backing from the self entitled big leaguers G T F O. Have your own comp and enjoy that instead.

That said, this tournament is still terribly thought out for all the previous stated reasons and you may want to address them if you want to run a successful event.

Edited by rhakoth

Keep at it mate and so what if people comes in to try and ruin everything. They are only ruining the game for themselves as it will cause fewer people to do rated's and they will be stuck circle jerking with the same people over and over while others find different ways to enjoy the game.

The autonomy the internet provides will always shelter cowards unfortunately.

Personally I would be very interested in private rated tournaments, however I think untli you are well established and it's proven you can organise/ run one efficiently asking for $7 mil will deter a lot of players.

I would also suggest sticking with an 8 man format and having someone on their vent to verify they aren't cheating (as much as that allows).

Once a couple of tourney's have been a success I think you'll find more than enough willing players to start putting credits on the line.

Good luck and I'll keep my eye out for you =)

Good Luck with your event. The hate in the thread is a bit extreme, imho.

I've run similar events for different games, and my advice is that you will learn A LOT from your first event. By the fourth or so you'll have it down pretty good. Don't get freaked out if things are bumpy the first time, learn from what goes wrong, and something will go wrong.

So, PvP community on this server - give it a shot, it might suck the first time, but it'll get better, and this is a good thing for all of you.

It's no wonder people stay away from rated's in this game when the general opinion is unless you're mad leet and have the backing from the self entitled big leaguers G T F O.

Keep at it mate and so what if people comes in to try and ruin everything. They are only ruining the game for themselves as it will cause fewer people to do rated's and they will be stuck circle jerking with the same people over and over while others find different ways to enjoy the game.

This is what is wrong with this game. Nobody wants teams to G T F O of a ranked queue. We need teams to play against too, and its preseason(time to practice.) You aren't supposed to jump in a ranked game and just beat everyone. Ranked teams have time and practice together. Do you want them to just bend over and take a few losses so you can get your joillies? This is rated warzones... its the only competition this game has, and I sure as hell know every player that plays ranked is going to compete. Ruining the game because good teams beat bad teams? Ha.

Edited by DeepFreese

This is what is wrong with this game. Nobody wants teams to G T F O of a ranked queue. We need teams to play against too, and its preseason(time to practice.) You aren't supposed to jump in a ranked game and just beat everyone. Ranked teams have time and practice together. Do you want them to just bend over and take a few losses so you can get your joillies? This is rated warzones... its the only competition this game has, and I sure as hell know every player that plays ranked is going to compete. Ruining the game because good teams beat bad teams? Ha.

I was more referring to the comment that the guy organising the event needs to get the approval of the 'top teams' before it would be viable.

This game is not LoL and has no ranks, ladders or any means other than people taking the initiative to organise events themselves to match players against equally skilled players.

Rated is definitely for competative play but intentially going into someones comp with the sole purpose of ******** in their cereal is simply childish. Partake in the tournament normally, win it and try and help those that attended to get better. That is the only way you're going to generate interest in rateds considering the low pop this game has against other competative games.

I agree with you that losing to a better team is fine and if you try rated's, expect that to happen. Just don't be an absolute @sshat about it or intentially grief others that are trying to get into the scene. No one starts at the top and if you want new blood to come through the ranks for better competative play then it is in your best interest to at the very least not be a pr!ck to them and god forbid, even lend a hand...

I was more referring to the comment that the guy organising the event needs to get the approval of the 'top teams' before it would be viable.

I agree with you that losing to a better team is fine and if you try rated's, expect that to happen. Just don't be an absolute @sshat about it or intentially grief others that are trying to get into the scene. No one starts at the top and if you want new blood to come through the ranks for better competative play then it is in your best interest to at the very least not be a pr!ck to them and god forbid, even lend a hand...

I believe the point of him saying to talk to the top teams was more because of the incredible errors the OP has in this rnaked tournament. If you want to start a ranked tournament but don't understand that a team needs all 8 players to play at maximum efficiency for their team... then you really need help with the tournament and should turn to the top teams who have the most experience in ranked warzones.

I am not on this server, but from my experience all the top pvpers on our server are incredibly nice guys, and are always helpful. I think the top players on your server just think they deserve input in a tournament that will in the end come down to them. Frankly, the OP needs to take the incite of the top players because the tournament as set up now would be a joke in regards to real ranked PVP.

On a side note.. Why the hell is there a cost for this tournament? Why would a lower tiered team pay 7 million credits if they know they don't compete with the top teams? Isn't this supposed to entice players to try ranked?