Jenrais

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-the-size-of-virtual-memory

That is directions in reverse... It will at least show you whether or not Windows is managing it, or if it's manually setup. (I highly recommend letting Windows manage it honestly.)

I would also stop memory-sharing with your video card asap.

I followed the directions and got to the last page and it had 8988 MB in the box

If your computer is using that much of your pagefile it probably means you have far too many processes running in the background, which could simply be taxing your processor or causing disk thrashing.

If Windows is setting your pagefile to 10GB, something is terribly wrong. Manually set it to match the amount of RAM you have in your computer.

If your video card is sharing 2GB of memory with your computer, set the pagefile to 6GB.

It doesn't look like you do, but, if you have a secondary drive (not an external drive or a secondary partition, but an actual second hard drive) I'd recommend forcing the pagefile to that drive as well.

And you should still post a report from HijackThis so we can see what/how many processes are running.

Wheres that located?

I am an idiot when it comes to computers

Messing with BIOS can destroy your system. Do you have a friend that knows how to work on computers to give you a hand?

Edited by Jaxxar