Hard time not being biochem...

RasereiAmok

I recently started a new scoundrel... All my characters have been biochem... Why? I get a free flask buff, I can heal AND rez my companion in combat with a potion, and I get implants along with useable stat boosts....

I dont see how any craft for example, armormech would outweight this in the slightest.

Someone convince me to go armormech.

I recently started a new scoundrel... All my characters have been biochem... Why? I get a free flask buff, I can heal AND rez my companion in combat with a potion, and I get implants along with useable stat boosts....

I dont see how any craft for example, armormech would outweight this in the slightest.

Someone convince me to go armormech.

There is no reason to not be biochem, or to pick up UWT, Scav, Inves, Arch, TH... dead serious

Crafting professions are a sink hole of inadequacy

Edited by Zennshi

I am having the exact same issue, thats why I actually browsed trough the forum now.

But to be honest, im quite bored with Biochem. I mainly use it to craft my own stims and emergency medkits. I don´t sell it on the GTN due to the reason that the items wont sell. (Low server population and everyone knows a bio)

Im bored because I craft the same stim all over again to boost my main stat (BH: Aim).

I was thinking of going Armormech so I could craft my own armour, armour for my companions and to sell these. At least my thoughts were to always have an upgraded set of armour while I was levelling, so I wouldnt be depended on any quest rewards boosting my gear.

But I am in the same situation as yourself, and after reading trough the forum many people say that Armormech is "useless" at lvl 400 and that you get much better gear from quests and other rewards

Edited by VirtualDanny

I've been dissapointed with how poorly artifice has been for me and regret not going biochem. I hope they sort the other crew skills out to make them viable, right now its a useless credit sink. With Artifice I cant even make myself anything relevant as a lv 50 player.

I've been dissapointed with how poorly artifice has been for me and regret not going biochem. I hope they sort the other crew skills out to make them viable, right now its a useless credit sink. With Artifice I cant even make myself anything relevant as a lv 50 player.

True, crafting skills don't make enough money compared to the amount of money required to get your high end designs via RE'ing items.

Whilst Biochem gives you re-usable medpacks and stims, saving you a lot of money, which is as good as making money, and requires less effort on the GTN.

Would be nice if crafting skills had some items you could craft that were Bind on Pickup and were flashpoint/raid quality for their level. ie: Synthweaving had purple chest pieces every 10 levels that were flashpoint quality (or above) that you could make yourself.

Even if it was something minor, otherwise you'll see progression guilds emerging that require you to have Biochem to join (Possibly Cybertech for the nades too?)

True, crafting skills don't make enough money compared to the amount of money required to get your high end designs via RE'ing items.

I think you hit the nail on the head with that statement. The amount of RE'ing required to get a decent recipe that will sell on the GTN just costs too much. People will buy the item for what it's worth in mats, but they won't buy the item for it's total worth in time put into unlocking the recipe. I'm an Armormech, and I can't really sell much. I have to pick a recipe that I think will sell, then RE my way to the improved version, then get an exception version of that item to actually make money off it. Most of the items that I work on unlocking just end up being used by me because I wouldn't be able to sell them for enough.

I think you hit the nail on the head with that statement. The amount of RE'ing required to get a decent recipe that will sell on the GTN just costs too much. People will buy the item for what it's worth in mats, but they won't buy the item for it's total worth in time put into unlocking the recipe. I'm an Armormech, and I can't really sell much. I have to pick a recipe that I think will sell, then RE my way to the improved version, then get an exception version of that item to actually make money off it. Most of the items that I work on unlocking just end up being used by me because I wouldn't be able to sell them for enough.

Please invest some of your time selling orange gear...I have sold SEVERAL orange medium armor schematics.

Each time I send a mail saying ill buy the crafted orange thing of the schematic but they never answer back.

I check the AH no new orange gear pops up. :(

Edited by Leilei

Remember when everyone was suppossed to take slicing and what the response was....

Slicing got nerfed because it would ruin the game economy and makes the credit seller problem 100x worse. Biochem doesn't have that issue.

I'd expect all crafts to get buffed with new recipes and stuff rather than biochem getting nerfed. I mean, right now only commendation gears have set bonuses and special effects as well as expertise. Won't be long until you see those added to crafter lists.