Blaster Pistols and Assault Cannons that use the standard E-11 Stormtrooper Rifle SFX

BelorfinSiana

I know there would be no way to actually preview this sort of thing, but it has always bugged me that none of the ranged weapons in the game (except certain rifles that I've heard NPC's use) sound Star Warsy at all. This sound effect is in every other Star Wars game, including KOTOR.

There is actually an in-game blaster rifle that uses the sound I'm looking for (or something very similar). It's the Imperial E-1 Enforcer Blaster Rifle. But there are no pistols or cannons that make a sound like that.

Edited by BelorfinSiana

Another blaster rifle, the VL-10 ST, seems to have the correct sound effect. I wonder why this sound is so rare in SWTOR! Please, I need a pistol and and assault cannon with the same sound effect. I have some CC, but just don't make them absurdly expensive like the HK-55 mission.

• 6 months later...
Another blaster rifle, the VL-10 ST, seems to have the correct sound effect. I wonder why this sound is so rare in SWTOR! Please, I need a pistol and and assault cannon with the same sound effect. I have some CC, but just don't make them absurdly expensive like the HK-55 mission.

I use this blaster rifle all the time because of the sound.

I don't understand why it's not on more ranged weapons. Totally agree with you.

There are so many ranged weapons that look great and then sound nothing like the films or Clone Wars.

^ Oh yeah! I did some testing in-game just now. E-1 Enforcer is fine for a rifle and maybe a pistol, but VL-10 ST would be PERFECT for anything! And this may be the very sound I remember from KOTOR. I can just picture Carth saying "Down you go!" after firing his dual pistols. A whole set of ranged weapons (pistol, blaster rifle, sniper rifle, cannon) would be cool, but what I'm really asking for here is an assault cannon and a pistol, both using the VL-10 ST sound effect. I'll pay cartel coins for it.

• 2 weeks later...