Would you play Jawas if.....

Darth_Vainous

I know that playable races have to fit the generic human body type, speak basic and be romanceable but this is more of a 'what if' and not a 'it will happen if" question. I want playable Jawas and thought what's the best way to get them. Would you play a Jawa if the below was true?

1. The basic look can't change. Can only have armor slots for gloves, boots, belt, bracers, ear, implants, and weapons so as to not mess with the Star Wars look. They would get a combat multiplier added for the two pieces missing and possibly a customization slot like companions get.

2. Only classes available are Bounty Hunter and Smuggler

3. No romances.

4. Can't have companion conversations.

My answer is YES.

1. They could still have all the usual armor/weapon/item slots. They would just not be visible and only add stats, or be based on your current stats (see below).

2. Possibly, if they were an actual playable class (see below).

3 & 4. Ok

I can't really see Jawa as a basic playable species, but a couple of Jawa quests where you play as a Jawa - similar to the quest where you play as HK-55 - could be entertaining.

Edited by JediQuaker

Playable Jawa would be fun and I would likely make at least one, but the thing I want most is playable Bith. Sith Bith is all I dream about, and they would be easier to implement. They would just have to record some gibberish for them, as they don't speak basic, so in cutscenes, you would hear that gibberish and had to turn on subtitles. With this, they could implement others humanoid types that don't speak basic as well. Lots of options here, and all ready to be monetized...

Usually the charm of unlocking such a thing like a Jawa would be that you can customize it, so it doesn't look your generic....look the same as any Jawa on Tattoine .

I think Jawa are cute . The Jawa..Blitz? from the BH was so adowable! Launch Rocket babeh! LOL

But....I wouldn't care though, without full customization of some kind .

Good thought, in my opinion the biggest thing BW/Swtor missed was lack of species. At launch I was really let down by the lack of variety and then some 8 years gone and very little added. Playable Jawa, Wookies, Ewoks and Yoda(s) [maybe a Droid] could have held more of the player base over the years.

Are you serious? This is Shock and Jawa speaking... ;) But I want a Jawa Guardian :cool::cool:

The Jawa could have a translator, and romances are overrated anyway. Agree on the gear, let's not have half naked jawas around...:confused:

Edited by Gidrea

I would not.

The species doesn't interest me that much.

For a companion that's alright, but as a playable species no.

And if i have to choose between romance and new species that don't interest me i'd choose more romance content for the already existing LIs.

I would not.

The species doesn't interest me that much.

For a companion that's alright, but as a playable species no.

And if i have to choose between romance and new species that don't interest me i'd choose more romance content for the already existing LIs.

Me too. Still it's very unlikely that any none human sized species will ever be an option.

hmm I might make a jawa if it was playable lol - thinks having jawa race jawa companion jawa flair on a Jedi consular that has jawa robes(from quest reward) as well having party/anniversary jawa toy active and the title from pvp you get from the last item.... and sand-crawler/jawa balloon pets out - hmmm maybe to much jawa? or am i missing anything for that combo XD

----

But I would honestly rather be allowed to play as a Wampa :?

come on Wampa Juggernaut running at you and then leaping at you and smashing you to dust with not just the force and a lightsaber but force and strength of their own - XD

though id settle with letting wampa companion be allowed to duel wield twin assault cannons more so if visually they could maybe act like flamethrowers to keep with the melee style of its combat :?

-walks off satisfied talking of wampas and things the game devs would only ever put in if world ran out of bacon cuz the pigs grew wings and flew away-

I can't really see Jawa as a basic playable species, but a couple of Jawa quests where you play as a Jawa - similar to the quest where you play as HK-55 - could be entertaining.

I love this idea. Could work for Wookies, Ewoks and many more.

It could be extended to play as your companions. Posibilities are endless. :rak_03:

I know that playable races have to fit the generic human body type, speak basic and be romanceable but this is more of a 'what if' and not a 'it will happen if" question. I want playable Jawas and thought what's the best way to get them. Would you play a Jawa if the below was true?

1. The basic look can't change. Can only have armor slots for gloves, boots, belt, bracers, ear, implants, and weapons so as to not mess with the Star Wars look. They would get a combat multiplier added for the two pieces missing and possibly a customization slot like companions get.

2. Only classes available are Bounty Hunter and Smuggler

3. No romances.

4. Can't have companion conversations.

My answer is YES.

How would you fix the problem in this picture https://i.imgur.com/CayysIL.jpg ? That's an unretouched screenie from the very first time you meet Aric Jorgan in Fort Garnik. Yes, I realise it's a screenie from an excluded class, but similar things happen in other class stories.

The character is BT2 Female. Take the distance from the character's eye to the bottom edge of the picture, maybe a little less, and go that far down below the bottom edge of the picture.

That's where a Jawa character's head would be.

How do you defuse that problem without a special version of the animation script just for one species that would somehow be shoehorned into old and somewhat fragile content?

My own vote would be for the suggestion of a play-as-a-Jawa mission, probably with the Jawa's krewe. Oops. Wrong game, wrong species. Something like the Blizz KotFE recruitment alert.

The character is BT2 Female. Take the distance from the character's eye to the bottom edge of the picture, maybe a little less, and go that far down below the bottom edge of the picture.

That's where a Jawa character's head would be.

lol that could be the running joke, empty cut-scenes because their too short

Edited by Aonevm

Jawa Jedi please.

I don't care about Disney nor Lucas' silly bad canon. If there are ewoks, gungans, and those stupid porgs, then jawa jedi and sith are totally fine.

On an Impside character, go to Mos Ila on Tatooine. There's a mission (side? exploration?) available one of the buildings near the crew skill trainers, where you discover that there *are* Force-capable Jawas, although the Sith are too proud to admit it.

I'd be all for silly species even if they'd look generic. The pvp memes would be endless!

But I have a feeling they'd also have a fair bit of general combat animation dis-functionality as well.

If it'd be doable though, I'd suggest just a silly species skin system, that would just turn your character into another species like those stronghold decorations that make you turn into hutts and whatnot for a while.