Cunning vs. power vs. accuracy

johnyangelo

PvP.

Power is giving 15% more than cunning so it's obviously good to stack since it's cap is very high and you wont reach it anyway.

I found accuracy in gear to be really useful. I'm sitting on 117% and I was afraid that, when ppl were crying about BM and WH gear having no surge rating and only "useless" accuracy, my biggest hits will suffer from it very much, but to be honest with only two implants giving me around 100 surge rating I can hit over 5K and with such high accuracy my shots (every shot not only crit hits!) can penetrate so much more armor; that is actually (as devs said before) usefull against tanks/heavy armor classes.

WTB accuracy augments :o

So my opinion on wh/bm gear for sniper (stat wise) is more or less positive.

Thank you for your time.

Accuracy does not increase armor penetration.

IIRC players have a +5% defense (other than tanks), meaning they can dodge your attacks. Force/tech attacks can't be dodged/resisted, so this only affects basic melee/ranged attacks.

Edited by chuixupu

Because if you hover over it, it says "Accuracy over 100% reduces target's defense."

Which means defense chance (ability to dodge) not armor pen. So a normal dps/healer only has a def chance of 5% so anything over 105% accuracy does no good. At 105% against them you would hit everytime. Now against a tank this is different as most tanks have a def chance ranging from 25-30%. And this is only for normal attacks. Anything over 110% acc is wasteful imo and you're better off getting rid of some.