Guide: Newcomers

Goshee

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Goshee!

Just now taking the time to get back into the forum sense they wiped it just before Early Access.

I''m glad to see you have re-posted the thread! I will add the updated link back to my signature soon.

Thank you for such a great guide and re-posting it post beta. I am looking forward to new information that will come from this.

Great guide thanks for taking the time to put it together. I do have two newbie questions to ask.

1.) I know you get more than one companion, but what I want to know is if you can give each companion their own set of crew skills?

2.) Do they have banks in this game for storage purposes?

Edited by BlueFlux

Thank you so much for putting this together. Until SWTOR, we (my gaming friends and I) have not been MMO players. Having a comprehensive, easy to find thread for basic usability instructions is a great relief. Thanks to you I'm a n00b no more!

(well, okay, I'm probably still a n00b ;) )

Great guide thanks for taking the time to put it together. I do have two newbie questions to ask.

1.) I know you get more than one companion, but what I want to know is if you can give each companion their own set of crew skills?

2.) Do they have banks in this game for storage purposes?

No the crew skills are yours :D

Companions are merely a tool to help you progress YOUR crew skills ^^

They do indeed, ships have a cargo hold and there are banks around various locations, look for a :sy_bank: sign on the minimap. Cargo Hold is the same as the bank btw :D

Hi Goshee!

Just now taking the time to get back into the forum sense they wiped it just before Early Access.

I''m glad to see you have re-posted the thread! I will add the updated link back to my signature soon.

Thank you for such a great guide and re-posting it post beta. I am looking forward to new information that will come from this.

Hey mate ^^

Welcome back to the forums! hehe and thanks! It helps more people if they see more links =D

I wonder if someone can help, I am new to mmos but I cant seem to start the game up, when I click play, my screen goes black then goes back to my dest top view. Tried all the connection problems steps in help, and nothing works. Any advice, maybe my laptop isn't good enough to play SWTOR full stop, would this explain the connection problems? I have vista platform, 3 GIG RAM, 945 CHIPSET family, direct x 11.

I wonder if someone can help, I am new to mmos but I cant seem to start the game up, when I click play, my screen goes black then goes back to my dest top view. Tried all the connection problems steps in help, and nothing works. Any advice, maybe my laptop isn't good enough to play SWTOR full stop, would this explain the connection problems? I have vista platform, 3 GIG RAM, 945 CHIPSET family, direct x 11.

I'm not much of a techie sorry mate D:

I would love to help but I don't want to give you the wrong information. All I can suggest is looking at the minimum specs (in the guide) and seeing if they match.

If I find anyone who can help you I will send you a PM

A pretty noob question here: how do I apply the color crystal to my rifle so I can change the color? Do I have to "destroy" it and my rifle on the work bench? I am missing something here. I'm a level 10 trooper.

Simply ctrl+right click your rifle then drag and drop the colour crystal into its designated slot and hit apply.

You can only do this on items that had mod slots.

I'm not much of a techie sorry mate D:

I would love to help but I don't want to give you the wrong information. All I can suggest is looking at the minimum specs (in the guide) and seeing if they match.

If I find anyone who can help you I will send you a PM

Cheers thanks pal

i Have a probelm.

it´s a quest there is this creature that guards a artifact, adn i can+t him down

i´m a Lvl19 sith assassin and nothin i do can bring him down also he unleashes samller creatures makes it almost impossible.

is there a easy way to bring him down?

Or do i have to get tol lvl21?

STATS

A - Aim

C - Cunning

E - Endurance

P - Presence

S - Strength

W - Willpower

Aim - Affects bonus ranged damage and bonus ranged crit

Cunning - Affects bonus tech damage and bonus tech crit

Endurance - Affects bonus health and health regeneration

Presence - Affects bonus healing, extra companion health and extra companion damage

Strength - Affects bonus melee damage and bonus melee crit

Willpower - Affects bonus force damage and bonus force crit

Armor - Affects Kinetic and Energy damage reduction

Thanks for the guide. There is some useful info here. however things like this need more explaination. I get range damage but what is tech damage? I ask in game and I am told yellow is tech dmg. I look at my skills it has Weapon damage and Kinetic Damage but no tech damage and nothing is in yellow. it is confusing at best. Any extra info on this matter would be great/.

Thanks

Great guide. Thanks for making and maintaining it.

One suggestion: When I read that scoundrels were ranged DPS and healing, I did not anticipate that the most effective scoundrel DPS would come from melee positions. As discussed in the class forums, it's really a melee DPS advanced class with some weaker ranged DPS options. This is not a QQ because I really enjoy leveling this class, but I did have a different expectation for it base on this guide. You may want to consider classifying this class and the equivalent operative as "mostly melee" and healing.

I think many people new to the game or looking for a new experience with a new class will refer to this excellent guide to help make their choice, so the more accurate the descriptions, the better for all.

A pretty noob question here: how do I apply the color crystal to my rifle so I can change the color? Do I have to "destroy" it and my rifle on the work bench? I am missing something here. I'm a level 10 trooper.
You can use a workbench if you wish, but it's unnecessary.

You can simply Ctrl + Right-Click the item you wish to mod, then drag the mods already on it to your inventory, and drag the mods you wish to add to the now empty slots...

When you remove a mod, it'll ask you if you wish to pay for the removal - click yes if you wish to keep it.

Alternatively, you can simply drop the new mods atop the old, destroying the old ones...

I think...

Merry Xmas to all.

I have a weird problem. I can't start a new thread in the forums cause it doesn't let me put a title on it.

I did a little research on the net and found out that other people have the same problem but I haven't found any solution online.

I would like to ask if anyone else here had the same problem and how did he overcame it.

Sorry I don't start a new thread about the problem as I was supposed to but the reason is obvious.