Cheap and Easy Solution to Increase Subs

MingusPho

I understand EA is focused on other projects and SWTOR's priority may have been bumped quite a bit. Having said that, some less intensive solutions might be to implement a few features that were dropped from the beta testing. Many of these have been mentioned in other threads so I won't go through and make a big list. But I think a cheaper, easier solution would be to dig up some of that old content that never made it into the game and release it as an expansion or a revamp. For example, hood toggle and companion ability swapping would stoke some new interest. These could be sub only if necessary but my point is Bioware already has these resources so just use them. There's no huge need to create more work than necessary to make this game truly thrive but giving players what they want is part of satisfying /strengthening the customer base. If there isn't going to be a series of regular, traditional expansions, adding in a package of predeveloped QoL features has some serious potential. I'm happy that there is still some development happening, but I'd rather see this game be a heavy contender and tap into more of the potential of the star wars franchise.

"Don't be too proud of this virtual monopoly you've constructed. The ability to conduct microtransactions is insignificant next to the power of the fans."

--- Darth Mingus (lol)

You believe hood toggle (something the devs have been saying they've wanted to do since before 1.0 but have been unable to accomplish) and companion ability swapping (something we have had since 5.0 dropped) would make a good expansion? Edited by Monumenta

No, those are just examples of a few things that would go into a "revamp". The full thing would be full of content thst was never implemented but developed. Not so much an expansion you see but some added functions and already developed content. Also I wasnt aware that hood toggle didn't work as I understood it did in the beta. The part where I referred to ability swap, I didn't mean role swap. Ability swap allowed you to plug and play the original set of custom abilities they had long, long ago. To expound on the concept they could make it where primary combat/weapons are changeable too. Like giving Torian a rifle instead of a staff, and so on.

Your solution is neither cheap nor easy...

... or else these things that we've been asking for and were hinted at being implemented years ago would already be in place.

My solution is cheaper than developing new content from scratch if its already been developed, but thanks anyway.

There is always a reason why things are as they are.

And also, self-quoting is not going to make people agree with you.

I wasnt self quoting to make people agree with me at all. I was making a light hearted joke by rephrasing a darth vader quote to make a point.