Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Healers don't belong in PvP, at least nerf this OP garbage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Healers don't belong in PvP, at least nerf this OP garbage

CaptainObvius's Avatar


CaptainObvius
06.19.2019 , 12:49 AM | #1
You know I posted a thread back when I left the game about how I was just absolutely sick and tired of playing every match watching healers just stand there healing people all day while being nearly unkillable.

Seems years later they still haven't learned their lesson. It's almost like they don't give a crap about PvP at all.

I feel healers do not belong in PvP at all, ever, in any game, forever forward and hope every MMO from now on is more like Blade and Soul where there are no stupid healers.

But at the very least for the love of god do something about this crap in this game.

Every single match, and I mean EVERY single match, healers are healing 20-40% more damage than dps are able to dish out.

That's cause healers are balanced around PvE content. You know big giant mobs that can 2 shot a dps. They're not balanced for PvP at all.

My last game is just like every game. Top damage is 3.2mil. Top healers are 3.5mil, 4.8mil and 5.2mil.

Total deaths was like 10? for a 15 minute game?

That's less than 1 death per minute in an 8v8 match. Give, me, a break.

And I can't wait to hear the 'git gud' or 'learn your rotation' or 'stun him' or 'cc him' replies. Can't wait to hear them for sure they are coming.

Cause you know when there's 6 of us all beating on one healer, stunning him, inteerrping him, knocking him backwards, while he just sits there spamming heals and getting healed by another healer, it's obviously a 'git gud' situation right?

PvP heavily needs diminishing returns on healers. I could list you 5 very very good reasons why healers don't belong in PvP at all and what makes them just stupidly OP compared to tanks or dps but you know this is long enough already.

Just wondering how long is this going to continue before someone on the PvP team actually gives a crap and does something about it? Or do they feel getting 10 kills in a 15 minute match, that's less than 1 death per minute and less than 1 death average per person, is fair fun and balanced PvP game?

Edit:

Lemme take this a step further just to explain how absolute retarded your PvP is in this game.

Healers are standing in the acid in your games sitting there healing themselves to pad their stats. Which is dumb in and of itself. However when we pile up on guys standing in the acid they STILL don't die. They just stand there healing away all the meanwhile laughing at the 5 dps smashing their faces in. I saw a guy last a good 45 seconds or more while standing in the acid before he finally tele'd off once he realized he was going to do.

Just how farking stupid can the game get people? Seriously.

trcjoe's Avatar


trcjoe
06.19.2019 , 01:29 AM | #2
Absolutely wrong mate, but its not necessary to say more. Sry
Gilde "Slash Ignore" auf "T3-M4" () ()
Jelicka : Söldner Heal
Taneya Savos : Juggernaut DD
Atreya Durn : Hüter DD

The_X's Avatar


The_X
06.19.2019 , 04:14 AM | #3
LoL but sarcastic. You know what the real problem is? DPS who do 400k in a full Voidstar. If I do more dps than the rest of my team combined.. the healer probably isn't going to die.

Edit: because you're going to say something about how you said high dps and high heals and blah blah 10 deaths in a year long match. Thats because there's no focus. Nobody plays to win anymore. They're farming numbers.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
06.19.2019 , 04:54 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by The_X View Post
LoL but sarcastic. You know what the real problem is? DPS who do 400k in a full Voidstar. If I do more dps than the rest of my team combined.. the healer probably isn't going to die.

Edit: because you're going to say something about how you said high dps and high heals and blah blah 10 deaths in a year long match. Thats because there's no focus. Nobody plays to win anymore. They're farming numbers.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Well said

omaan's Avatar


omaan
06.19.2019 , 06:05 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainObvius View Post
You know I posted a thread back when I left the game about how I was just absolutely sick and tired of playing every match watching healers just stand there healing people all day while being nearly unkillable.

Seems years later they still haven't learned their lesson. It's almost like they don't give a crap about PvP at all.

I feel healers do not belong in PvP at all, ever, in any game, forever forward and hope every MMO from now on is more like Blade and Soul where there are no stupid healers.

But at the very least for the love of god do something about this crap in this game.

Every single match, and I mean EVERY single match, healers are healing 20-40% more damage than dps are able to dish out.

That's cause healers are balanced around PvE content. You know big giant mobs that can 2 shot a dps. They're not balanced for PvP at all.

My last game is just like every game. Top damage is 3.2mil. Top healers are 3.5mil, 4.8mil and 5.2mil.

Total deaths was like 10? for a 15 minute game?

That's less than 1 death per minute in an 8v8 match. Give, me, a break.

And I can't wait to hear the 'git gud' or 'learn your rotation' or 'stun him' or 'cc him' replies. Can't wait to hear them for sure they are coming.

Cause you know when there's 6 of us all beating on one healer, stunning him, inteerrping him, knocking him backwards, while he just sits there spamming heals and getting healed by another healer, it's obviously a 'git gud' situation right?

PvP heavily needs diminishing returns on healers. I could list you 5 very very good reasons why healers don't belong in PvP at all and what makes them just stupidly OP compared to tanks or dps but you know this is long enough already.

Just wondering how long is this going to continue before someone on the PvP team actually gives a crap and does something about it? Or do they feel getting 10 kills in a 15 minute match, that's less than 1 death per minute and less than 1 death average per person, is fair fun and balanced PvP game?

Edit:

Lemme take this a step further just to explain how absolute retarded your PvP is in this game.

Healers are standing in the acid in your games sitting there healing themselves to pad their stats. Which is dumb in and of itself. However when we pile up on guys standing in the acid they STILL don't die. They just stand there healing away all the meanwhile laughing at the 5 dps smashing their faces in. I saw a guy last a good 45 seconds or more while standing in the acid before he finally tele'd off once he realized he was going to do.

Just how farking stupid can the game get people? Seriously.
Tell it to my marauder with 6.0.-7.0k dps who recks target while healer barely can cast a few abilities. Yet iam talking about solo ranked and for regs i can only suggest restriction for every pvp match for 1 healer on one side and 1 healer on other side. As for ranked no changes are needed. Players in ranked damaging hard and mezzing healer which makes this role extremely difficult.

If you talk about ranked it is just l2p issues

kissingaiur's Avatar


kissingaiur
06.19.2019 , 07:03 AM | #6
dps remove hp
healers add hp

they are both essentially 1 side of a coin

if you don't do enough dps to keep up with the hps then nothing will die
if you don't do enough hps to keep up with the dps then player(s) will die

there is nothing wrong with this system

that all being said: i will also say this game does have a slight problem with the amount of strong dcds; some classes (mara, merc, sniper) do need a slight toning down in this area and are slightly too survivable compared to other classes
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that I’ve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
06.19.2019 , 08:22 AM | #7
sure. I love chicken.
Krack

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
06.19.2019 , 08:26 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
If we want Mercs to be more "in line" with other classes in PVP then let's have a serious discussion about their overtuned DCDs.

Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
that all being said: i will also say this game does have a slight problem with the amount of strong dcds; some classes (mara, merc, sniper) do need a slight toning down in this area and are slightly too survivable compared to other classes
Glad we agree on something. Maybe make a thread on this topic, too. Your voice carries a lot more weight than plebs like me and 99% of the other posters who tend to post here.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

CaptainObvius's Avatar


CaptainObvius
06.19.2019 , 07:39 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by trcjoe View Post
Absolutely wrong mate, but its not necessary to say more. Sry
Let me explain to you the scenario which happens all too often in pvp of why healers don't belong in pvp at all to begin with, or at the very least get nerfed very hard.

Let's say you're fighting, 1on1. It's obvious a few seconds into the fight you're better than your opponent.

You do a little back and forth and you're down to say 75% health and he's down to say 25% health.

Now all of a sudden he has a buddy show up to come help him.

Let's say that buddy is a dps or a tank. You pull a quick maneuver or 2 and avoid/cc the added dps and continue into your target and finish him off! Yay you won! Now his buddy lays into you and you die, aw how sad. But at least you get your kill and make an even trade.

Fair enough right? This has happened to me many times in my 20+ years of pvp'ing online. And many of those times I've ended up winning the 1on1 after the fist 1on1.

Now let's go back a bit. And say instead of a dps showing up, a healer shows up. And let's pretend (and I say pretend cause this is not the case in this game) that healers heal the same amount of damage per second as dps can dish out.

So now the guy you are fighting at 25% health is basically unkillable. You cannot deal out more damage than the healer can heal. You are now completely and utterly screwed and you might as well just afk while you die.

Now you explain to me how that could ever be considered fair and balanced when you have a healer alongside you opposed to a dps? It's just not fair. Which is why I've always said healers should NEVER be able to heal as much damage as dealers can dish out. NEVER! At the most maybe 75%, more like 50%.

But this game amplifies just how strong healers really are.

First they heal MORE health per second than dps can dish out. Even worse they have a ton of aoe heals which are much easier to stand in than aoe damage which you can easily move out of. And sadly there IS no aoe in the game which you can drop down on the ground and burn people with other than a sniper engi which nobody plays cause snipers are so bad. So what's the counter to healers aoe heals? Nothing.

Second is how much defensive capabilities everyone gets already WITHOUT healers. The ability to go immune to damage, to reduce damage, to self heal 40% of life when shield ends, to heal 5% AND reflect all damage every time you are attacked? I mean jesus H christ there's so much self sustainability in this game healers shouldn't even exist.

Third is the fact that healing quite literally takes half the skill to play as dps. You just target yourself most likely and spam buttons. You don't have to worry about los, or being interrupted, just go immune to cc and sit there and spam heals to your hearts content. Hell you don't even have to worry about rotations or cooldowns. Just keep spamming whatever comes up. You don't have to concern yourself with what defensive skills the other players are using or try to time your cooldowns to match theirs. You just mash the same 4 buttons over and over. Makes me wanna puke.

Fourth is the fact there's no COUNTER to heals. Think of all the skills in this game that COUNTER damage? Reflects, shields, dodges, defenses, absorbs etc... all reducing the hell out of damage dealt. But what reduces healing? One sniper attack that only reduces healing by a measly 20%? What a flipping joke. That sniper skill should be more like 75% reduced healing, or even 100%, last 10 seconds on a 15 or 20 second cooldown. THAT might make the skill actually useful. With only -20% I've still seen people go from 25% to 100% life in the press of just a couple buttons.

This is why I said I hope to god no game ever has healers any more. Healers make bad players good, and good players great. They carry teams in pvp and pve. You got morons who can't figure out not to stand in red circles? No problem healer fixes that. Got idiots who can't understand to dodge bosses big attack? That's OK, healer fixes it.

Play Tera by yourself from 1 to max level and solo every dungeon as a dps. Yes, go solo the GROUP dungeons as a dps. You'll find out just what a dungeon really should be like. That is honestly probably the most fun I've had in an MMO to this day was soloing group dungeons as a dps. Timing dodges correctly and going through rotations perfectly and getting group based rewards while solo. If you haven't tried it you need to. That'll show ya what a game really should be like.

You know I played a healer in Warhammer. Forgot the name but it was absolutely just stupid how powerful the class was. I could heal as much damage as people could dish out to me WHILE simultaneously ticking away dots on them. I don't recall ever losing a 1on1 to anyone and i won more 1v2's 1v3's than I can count. Because when healers heal the same or more damage as dps can dish out, but throw in a few whacks here and there, they will eventually always win a 1on1 fight.

Healers are very rarely, if ever, balanced. Maybe in D&D they are balanced. Why? Cause most of the spells people took weren't heals! Heals were something you did AFTER combat (mostly), not DURING combat. During combat you would be stunning people or summoning things or buffing the team or making people save vs. death. Healing was few and far between. Point is you didn't spend 100% of your time spamming 'heal' you did that maybe 10-20% of the time at most. Other times you're smashing things with your mace or stunning/buffing/cc'ing etc..

TLDR:

Healers are completely imbalanced in this game. The numbers show it as well. EVERY single 70 PvP game is filled with healers all out healing dps damage.

EVERY

SINGLE

GAME

I've never ONCE seen a 70 pvp game where the highest heals was lower than the dps damage. Now are you going to sit there and try to tell me that 100% of all dps players are just garbage? And that all the godlike players only play healers?

Right.................

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
06.19.2019 , 08:26 PM | #10
yes, one dps should totally be able to kill a healer solo (/sarcasm)

healers must, by practical definition, be able to heal through more than one single person damaging them.
maybe learn to use an interrupt?