Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Suggestion: Revising Electro Net

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP Suggestion: Revising Electro Net

Lhancelot
06.15.2019 , 01:14 PM | #231
Quote: Originally Posted by RACATW View Post
I think merc net feels rather unfair.
I think merc net feels fine like a flowing river of golden tears of whine streaming all across my entire body. Ahhh, feels gooooood.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

RACATW
06.15.2019 , 01:43 PM | #232
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
I think merc net feels fine like a flowing river of golden tears of whine streaming all across my entire body. Ahhh, feels gooooood.
Don't get me wrong, I have a merc too but when you're playing against 2 mercs + a dps who know what they're doing, double net (36 GCD's) is insane.

It doesn't really matter if you have a tank and a healer.

QuiveringPotato
06.16.2019 , 10:26 PM | #233
Net is an iconic part of a merc's toolkit nowadays, but with all the other stuff they've gotten in 5.0.. it's completely unnecessary for defense, which is what I think it was originally designed for.

A "bastion" buff that lasts 30-45 seconds would be a good way to tone it down a bit since there's so many mercs in the queue, and the main issue is that 1 net can pretty much ruin some classes in group fights if used at a bad time for the guy, which is kinda dumb. Now amplify that by there being 4-5 dps mercs in every match, and big yikes.
Arvengis | Akanias Taleri | Mhyrah | Arcuneth | Tol'ika
Arteum | Celden

The Ebon Hawk <Nerf Operatives> Youtube Channel

SlimeyDoom
06.17.2019 , 11:41 AM | #234
Quote: Originally Posted by QuiveringPotato View Post
Net is an iconic part of a merc's toolkit nowadays, but with all the other stuff they've gotten in 5.0.. it's completely unnecessary for defense, which is what I think it was originally designed for.

A "bastion" buff that lasts 30-45 seconds would be a good way to tone it down a bit since there's so many mercs in the queue, and the main issue is that 1 net can pretty much ruin some classes in group fights if used at a bad time for the guy, which is kinda dumb. Now amplify that by there being 4-5 dps mercs in every match, and big yikes.
I donít think net was designed for defense. Itís an inherently offensive ability that used to do a lot of damage on its own in previous patches.

Lhancelot
06.17.2019 , 06:16 PM | #235
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimeyDoom View Post
I donít think net was designed for defense. Itís an inherently offensive ability that used to do a lot of damage on its own in previous patches.
In fact there's a utility that further demonstrates the ability is just for that, for Mando its called one man army, for Merc I can't remember maybe "body bag"?

E-net has always been better used to melt someone and stop them from escaping, not the other way around. This whole topic is dumb AF anyway.

If we want Mercs to be more "in line" with other classes in PVP then let's have a serious discussion about their overtuned DCDs.

This idea that a change to e-net will bring some noticeable change to PVP is simply false. Well, I mean of course unless you are on a certain class that finds e-net to be your achilles heel, well then I could see why you'd fret about e-net.

Let's remember the amount of times e-net is stacked in a coordinated fashion is ultra rare especially in regs (and who cares anyways) and as for ranked I only see two people that are overlords of ranked opining e-net needs changed. Clearly not a big deal there, either.

kissingaiur
06.19.2019 , 07:10 AM | #236
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimeyDoom View Post
its technically both isn't it? if it punishes the player for moving and using movement abilities it is therefore also a defensive mechanic. its both offensive and defensive in nature. net is perfect for peeling just as much as it is for forcing breakers or trying to get a kill.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that Iíve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

foxmob
06.19.2019 , 08:44 AM | #237
Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
its technically both isn't it? if it punishes the player for moving and using movement abilities it is therefore also a defensive mechanic. its both offensive and defensive in nature. net is perfect for peeling just as much as it is for forcing breakers or trying to get a kill.
you're certainly right about it being both.

you'd be surprised how little effect it has on melee as a peel/kite in this meta. when I left the game about 2-3 years ago, it would stop a melee dead in its tracks (not literally dead but there where multiple gcds to range them). now, warriors and dps ops are like...shrug, and on you the next gcd. works well enough on PTs between HO and sins.

ironically, it works well defensively against all ranged classes

(this is all assuming you not stupid and don't net someone during an immunity, of course -- which is itself a huge gambit given all the rubber-banding with modern movement enhancements and poor game engine; I'm rocking a 2080 gfx with fios connection, m.2 pcie ssd, etc.; it's not me, BW, it's you).
Krack

Lhancelot
06.19.2019 , 08:51 AM | #238
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
you're certainly right about it being both.

you'd be surprised how little effect it has on melee as a peel/kite in this meta. when I left the game about 2-3 years ago, it would stop a melee dead in its tracks (not literally dead but there where multiple gcds to range them). now, warriors and dps ops are like...shrug, and on you the next gcd. works well enough on PTs between HO and sins.

ironically, it works well defensively against all ranged classes

(this is all assuming you not stupid and don't net someone during an immunity, of course -- which is itself a huge gambit given all the rubber-banding with modern movement enhancements and poor game engine; I'm rocking a 2080 gfx with fios connection, m.2 pcie ssd, etc.; it's not me, BW, it's you).
Honestly I find the ability more of just an inconvenience to most classes now.

I find my merc only manages a kill with e-net when the enemy is an idiot, ran out of DCDs, can't get back to their healer, or has run completely out of power to do anything else.

There's so many gap closers and ways to circumvent and/or diminish the deadliness of e-net now, whether it's used for defensive purposes or offensive purposes.

I definitely find it far more useful now to use as an offensive ability though. It's super rare that I land it on a sorc or ops, and kill them due to e-net being on them.

foxmob
06.19.2019 , 09:32 AM | #239
it is, hands down, most effective for killing sorcs, and it always has been.
Krack

Werronious
06.19.2019 , 05:14 PM | #240
mercs are tanks, heal dps in one. Electro-net is just stuff for finishing other underpowered classes right now.
They need to buff merc even more so they can make their own league. Operative isnt far away from them.

They cant even fix broken stuff in game for weeks/years, so why should they care about those classes being brokenly OP in pvp. Who cares. Enjoy while it lasts(game).