No Heroic Missions On Ord Mantell?

Elyrioth

All republic Players used to be able to play the following on Ord Mantell:

[HEROIC 2+] Cutting off the Head

[HEROIC 2+] Destroy the Beacons

[HEROIC 2+] Buying Loyalty

Now they are no longer on the terminal or in the activities have they been removed for classes not starting on the planet or something?

Those missions are still available. Unlike other planets, the starter planets do not appear in the list of Planetary Missions on the Solo tab of the Activities window. To pick up heroic missions for the starter worlds you have to either travel to the planet itself and access the Daily Heroic Missions terminal, or travel to the fleet or Odessen and access the Daily Heroic Missions terminal (located in the Combat Training section on the fleet). Unless this has changed in a recent patch, contrary to the name of the terminal the starter world heroics are weekly missions rather than daily. Also, again, unless recently changed, starter planet heroics can only be done by classes that start on that world. So, only Troopers and Smugglers can do the three heroics on Ord Mantell and only Jedi can do the single heroic on Tython.

Yeah, now only Troopers and Smugglers can run them. :)

Was it ever possible for Jedi to do the Ord Mantell heroics? I found a thread from early 2012 where people were complaining that the starter world heroics were only available to those classes that started on that world.

Edited by ceryxp

Was it ever possible for Jedi to do the Ord Mantell heroics? I found a thread from early 2012 where people were complaining that the starter world heroics were only available to those classes that started on that world.

I have a memory of doing them, but human memory is a pretty fallible thing, so I don't really want to commit.

I've been playing since 2013, and during that time, starter world heroics were reserved for the classes that started on the respective world, which gave Troopers and Smugglers an advantage during 2.X and 3.X since they could (at the time) repeat those three heroics daily and get nine gearing tokens (Planetary Commendations in 2.X, Basic Commendations in 3.X) per day for essentially no effort. Doing that bought me two full sets of Makeb 140 purple mod-objects, one for my Commando's gear and one for Elara's.

I've been playing since 2013, and during that time, starter world heroics were reserved for the classes that started on the respective world, which gave Troopers and Smugglers an advantage during 2.X and 3.X since they could (at the time) repeat those three heroics daily and get nine gearing tokens (Planetary Commendations in 2.X, Basic Commendations in 3.X) per day for essentially no effort. Doing that bought me two full sets of Makeb 140 purple mod-objects, one for my Commando's gear and one for Elara's.

I started playing in 2012 and did not remember those heroics being available to classes that did not start on that world, but I had to take a break from the game just prior to 3.0 and did not return until 5.0, so I was not certain if, at some point during my absence, they made those heroics available to other classes.

I started playing in 2012 and did not remember those heroics being available to classes that did not start on that world, but I had to take a break from the game just prior to 3.0 and did not return until 5.0, so I was not certain if, at some point during my absence, they made those heroics available to other classes.

To the best of my knowledge, no. They've always been reserved for the classes that start there, just like all the other missions that take place on those worlds - except for some oddments of class story (JK on Ord Mantell, SW on Hutta, IA on Korriban).

To the best of my knowledge, no. They've always been reserved for the classes that start there, just like all the other missions that take place on those worlds - except for some oddments of class story (JK on Ord Mantell, SW on Hutta, IA on Korriban).

The planetary heroics were always* only available to those classes that started on the planet. It has come up a few times, people asking if the other classes could do them, sort of even things out, as some worlds have more. But it's never happened.

*At least in the released game, not sure about Beta, as I wasn't here then. Beta did have some unusual differences from the full release. Any Beta players want to weigh in on this?

Edited by DarkTergon

The planetary heroics were always* only available to those classes that started on the planet. It has come up a few times, people asking if the other classes could do them, sort of even things out, as some worlds have more. But it's never happened.

*At least in the released game, not sure about Beta, as I wasn't here then. Beta did have some unusual differences from the full release. Any Beta players want to weigh in on this?

I did play Beta, not that I remember all the Heroics that I did run. The only cross starter planet one I remember was on Korriban: [Heroic 2] Armed & Dangerous, Agents and Bounty Hunters could grab it from the terminal by the off-world shuttle, [Heroic 2] Hate Machine started with a conversation back then and non Sith could not receive quest.

I had a live chat (back then SWTOR support did that) with a CS rep over this issue shortly after launch and their response was; cross starter planet characters would be too high level for Heroics on other start planets.

I had a live chat (back then SWTOR support did that) with a CS rep over this issue shortly after launch and their response was; cross starter planet characters would be too high level for Heroics on other start planets.

And that is quite right. For the time those missions were put in the game (specifically: before 4.0 added level sync), a cross-starter character (agent on Korriban, consular on Ord Mantell, etc.) would be at the very least of a level suited to leaving the capital world (having obtained a ship), and consequently would be at least six levels over the normal levels for *any* starter world heroic.

That reasoning is less relevant today, although the lore aspects of The Hate Machine are a little strange for non-Sith.

it's a bit like sith spawn, where non sith still 'mediate' on the ruins and have the beast pop out. Or do you mean something else?

Pretty much like that, although in spades, since for non-Sith to do the Hate Machine would require them to channel the dark side or some such. (Look at your channel/cast bar while you're doing it.)