Legacy Suggestions

discosoc

Everything I've read or heard about the legacy system has been pretty vague, so I thought I'd offer a few ideas for it. I'm not going to break down what levels these things should be available or whatever, but just listing a few categories of ideas that could improve the game while fitting with the "legacy" theme.

Legacy system suggestions

1. Alternate combat stances from the opposing faction or entirely unique. Like having a Jedi Guardian use the Jedi Sage stance, or any lightsaber wielder holding it backwarkds like Starkiller. Trooper Vanguards could hold their rifle close to the chest, barrel down, like any modern day soldier, or brazenly slung across the shoulder like Arnold in Commando. Or have an Imperial Sniper crouch low to the ground when still and weapon out. Stuff like that.

2. Alternate race options. The easy route would be to open up opposing races for future characters, but I’d like to see unique races as well. I would love to see droids opened up as a race, complete with permanent vocal adjustments to mechanize the voice overs (not hard). Equipment would probably have to be hidden though, so you don’t just end up with a droid in robes or whatever.

3. Legacy schematics. At various legacy levels, you gain access to unique schematics for crew skills. There could be a very short story quest involved with acquiring one, once it’s unlocked, which explains how you’ve recovered some family heirloom, like a color crystal schematic or ancient piece of Mandolorian armor. After the quest is completed, all current or future characters can craft it. Making such items bind on pickup would be best, since such items should “stay in the family”, so to speak. Something like a unique color crystal should probably scale somehow, maybe with the hilt level, so that it stays as relevant as armor that can be modded.

4. Quality of life abilities. New-found family connections might allow for fast travel directly from one planet to another once an hour. Call in a support drop from your ship in outdoor areas, that provides a better version of your class buff for 30 minutes, and has a 2 hour cooldown or something. Basically, stuff that probably won’t help too much for level 50’s, but could be a real boon to leveling up newer characters.

5. Alternate ships. Not much needs to be said about this, but just a few different ship layouts from which to choose. Even if the change only effects cutscenes and space combat, rather than the actual interior.

6. Deeper companion customization. I don’t know how feasible this would be, technically, but have legacy levels unlock things like companion class and race selection. For the race, it would probably only need a reskin since animations and stuff for humanoids are all the same. The class shouldn’t be any trickier since it’s really just a a collection of about 10 skills, and primary attribute, and gear type.

Anyway, those are just some ideas I’ve had for the system. Anyone have any other suggestions for the system?

Here are some of my ideas on what legacy levels should grant:

Non-combat pets

1 (Shared) Combat companion

Unique ship upgrades

Vendor for your ship

Useable escape pods

Lvl 1-50 augmented gear ranging from Blue-Artifact quality

More shuttles to specific planets (without having to go through the orbital stations)

Legacy Lounge

New color crystals (useful for end-game content)

Sunny Delight

Expansions and additions to your ship

Pet that can generate Star Wars The Old Republic Trivia that can grant social points if player answers right and is playing with other people.

Here are some of my ideas on what legacy levels should grant:

Pet that can generate Star Wars The Old Republic Trivia that can grant social points if player answers right and is playing with other people.

Wow, that just took me back to the days of chat rooms with trivia bots.

• 3 months later...
Everything I've read or heard about the legacy system has been pretty vague, so I thought I'd offer a few ideas for it. I'm not going to break down what levels these things should be available or whatever, but just listing a few categories of ideas that could improve the game while fitting with the "legacy" theme.

Legacy system suggestions

1. Alternate combat stances from the opposing faction or entirely unique. Like having a Jedi Guardian use the Jedi Sage stance, or any lightsaber wielder holding it backwarkds like Starkiller. Trooper Vanguards could hold their rifle close to the chest, barrel down, like any modern day soldier, or brazenly slung across the shoulder like Arnold in Commando. Or have an Imperial Sniper crouch low to the ground when still and weapon out. Stuff like that.

2. Alternate race options. The easy route would be to open up opposing races for future characters, but I’d like to see unique races as well. I would love to see droids opened up as a race, complete with permanent vocal adjustments to mechanize the voice overs (not hard). Equipment would probably have to be hidden though, so you don’t just end up with a droid in robes or whatever.

3. Legacy schematics. At various legacy levels, you gain access to unique schematics for crew skills. There could be a very short story quest involved with acquiring one, once it’s unlocked, which explains how you’ve recovered some family heirloom, like a color crystal schematic or ancient piece of Mandolorian armor. After the quest is completed, all current or future characters can craft it. Making such items bind on pickup would be best, since such items should “stay in the family”, so to speak. Something like a unique color crystal should probably scale somehow, maybe with the hilt level, so that it stays as relevant as armor that can be modded.

4. Quality of life abilities. New-found family connections might allow for fast travel directly from one planet to another once an hour. Call in a support drop from your ship in outdoor areas, that provides a better version of your class buff for 30 minutes, and has a 2 hour cooldown or something. Basically, stuff that probably won’t help too much for level 50’s, but could be a real boon to leveling up newer characters.

5. Alternate ships. Not much needs to be said about this, but just a few different ship layouts from which to choose. Even if the change only effects cutscenes and space combat, rather than the actual interior.

6. Deeper companion customization. I don’t know how feasible this would be, technically, but have legacy levels unlock things like companion class and race selection. For the race, it would probably only need a reskin since animations and stuff for humanoids are all the same. The class shouldn’t be any trickier since it’s really just a a collection of about 10 skills, and primary attribute, and gear type.

Anyway, those are just some ideas I’ve had for the system. Anyone have any other suggestions for the system?

Totally bumped to have it up! good post.

• 1 month later...

I wish I had seen this post sooner. subbed and rated now.

Id like to at the very least choose a ship from my legacy. So maybe my bounty hunter could pass down his ship to his jedi son. or his crazy sith juggernaut wife could steal it.

would be a fun initial option to tide me over until I can build my own ship from scratch lol