Is Faction Imbalance going to kill World PvP?

Gizban

Instanced mini games and associated rewards already killed world PVP.

(once the honey moon period wears off)

Faction imbalance just put another nail in it.

:(

Same problem RIFT had. Pushing instanced PvP right at launch is a bad move. Oh well, the damage done. Nothing you can do about it now.

Faction imbalance doesn't kill World PvP. If anything it is a positive contribution to World PvP. More targets out in the world for you to start **** with. But like Jebi stated the real menace to world PvP is often the presence of instanced PvP and optimal PvP gearing paths through those mini-games.

Same problem RIFT had. Pushing instanced PvP right at launch is a bad move. Oh well, the damage done. Nothing you can do about it now.

Faction imbalance doesn't kill World PvP. If anything it is a positive contribution to World PvP. More targets out in the world for you to start **** with. But like Jebi stated the real menace to world PvP is often the presence of instanced PvP and optimal PvP gearing paths through those mini-games.

WoW had like a gazillion horde at first, then every 1 went alliance. Give it 1 month

Its going to balance out after the kids get their game on Christmas

Bro kids now days are EVIL, now back in the day kids had some heros, nowdays kids want the antihero, i have a 12 year old i know, lol.

look at this crap

http://swtorprogress.com/members.php

Here are the totals by server type as of end of day December 13:

RP-PVE servers (entire World): Empire 25,986 | Republic 30,393 | Hey look, more good guys than bad guys. A lot of RP players want to be a Jedi or Smuggler. What a surprise! Not

PVE servers (entire World): Empire 107,974 | Republic 86,269 | Empire +25% population

PVP servers (entire World): Empire 137,732 | Republic 66,586 | Empire has 2.1 times the population

Edited by Nijraw

Before the servers went down, i had fun on tatooine. Had a group of 15 jedi chasing me all over the place for 90 minutes. Who knew being a sith assassin could be so much fun.

World PVP is very much... alive.

Edited by Zythaera

it's all about quality not quantity , 1 mill minions = 1 pro raid of pvp players

Sad but its not. 2v3 u can win. 2v4 u just cannot win - to many CC. Same with mass pvp - when its will be fight lets say 50v80 or even more because balanced is totaly for Empire (like 2,5-3:1 on pvp server - and i hope they will do somthing with it) its 100% lose for 50 ppl grou. There is no way to win such thing.

Different is with open pvp - u can get group of ppl and go to other fraction planet. But seems that there is too few ppl on planet now. If i see server full and 150ppl on Coruscant that is really few. So in open pvp there will be a problem to get some enemies.

Edited by CastaDarklight

Bro kids now days are EVIL, now back in the day kids had some heros, nowdays kids want the antihero, i have a 12 year old i know, lol.

look at this crap

http://swtorprogress.com/members.php

Here are the totals by server type as of end of day December 13:

RP-PVE servers (entire World): Empire 25,986 | Republic 30,393 | Hey look, more good guys than bad guys. A lot of RP players want to be a Jedi or Smuggler. What a surprise! Not

PVE servers (entire World): Empire 107,974 | Republic 86,269 | Empire +25% population

PVP servers (entire World): Empire 137,732 | Republic 66,586 | Empire has 2.1 times the population

agreed, this isnt SWG when the expansions came out.

the balance isnt to bad.

the numbers are a bit intimidating to a republic player like myself. But I havent even gotten to any open world pvp zones so im not gonna say its ruined yet.

I think republic players will need to rely a bit more on organizing and guilds.

World PVP is all about the zerg, always has been, always will be. In this game, the Empire zerg will run over any and all Republic players which leads to no one playing Republic, which leads to a slow death.

No sir. A bigger zerg can be easily beaten by much smaller zerg by cooperation. We proved that in AION during it's early months fighting opposing faction that controlled every fort apart from one which was unconquerable until people geared up, beaten them up hard, after which they quit the server.

Cya in Ilium! <3

Republic Player

Edit: And of course, 3:1 ratio will zerg opponents and there is nothing to be done. 2:1 will not pubstomp an organized raid.

it's all about quality not quantity , 1 mill minions = 1 pro raid of pvp players

/signed

Edited by Quashar

No Republic players are going to participate in World PVP if the Empire can simply call in the Legions of Minions.

If the current pattern holds, will this spell the premature death of World PVP in ToR?

All 2 faction OW PvP systems fail eventually. You need 3 factions for them to work, not 2.

MMO Design 101, at your service...

When I played WoW I played on one of the most active, if not the most active, world pvp servers. The balance in population on each side constantly shifted over the years (yes, years), but when one side was low world pvp didn't die because of it. It simply took a guild full of people who wanted to show that even outnumbered they can win, and after proving such the balance again would begin to shift.

Sure, right now there are going to be a million Imperials (including me!), but given time it will even out or shift in the Republic's favor. Even better, the Republic may come out with more battle-proven veterans ;)