Allow more than one romanced companion or a build-your-own companion-spouse.

Shayddow

We are in a galaxy far away. Meanwhile, we have all the social mores of planet earth, which usually mandates one spouse per person.

My suggestion happens to be rooted in a bug on one of her companions, where it shows her as having ended the romance with Quinn AND resuming it with Quinn, and also having begun a romance with Arcann.

She also still head-canons a romance with Pierce as well. So she is a Sith. Passion is a big part of the whole Sith picture.

Granted there are female companions that would prefer one-on-one (Risha, Akaabi,Vette), as well as those that would be open to the idea of more-than-one (Kaliyo, DS Jaesa). On the male side we don't even have the option of having romanced more than one and having to make a decision... except for the short-lived with T. Cedrax who turns you down for Holiday, or one small fade-to-black with the afore-mentioned Pierce.

The idea of a build-your-own companion -spouse is you could start a companion in a similar way as the character manager. You pick build/ species, gender/ looks.

You would choose from preselected variants for a back-story.

I am undecided whether to make this a full-fledged companion with combat too, or only one that 1. does companion crafting missions and 2. only shows up in your stronghold (and in your crafting selection sheet) where you would have always a triangle above the character's head for a group of preselected conversations (or you could make them like the conversations in the new series a la KOTOR)

Given how little the 'romance' does in the game, what difference would it make if you just RP'd the extras?

I mean, if you are standing next to say, Lana as your companion, how do I know if you're married to her. She doesn't wear a ring, or hold your hand or whatever. If you switch comps to Shae, how do I know you're not romancing her instead or as well? 😂