How Voidstar ties are determined. Answered!

Ashania

Joveth gave us the true deciding factor on page 10:

Hi folks,

Unfortunately, it seems that our CS droids were in error when they responded to Ashania's original tickets and for that, we apologize.

Currently, in the event of a tie on Voidstar, the winner is randomly chosen. We are going to be improving this with 1.2, but in the meantime, that is how winners are currently chosen for ties on Voidstar.

Again, I apologize for any confusion and thank you for letting us know about this.

-------------------

I can't imagine noone has done this before, but with many people still confused as to how ties are solved in Voidstar, myself included; I have an official response on the matter.

The first time I sent an email asking this question I received this response:

I am Protocol Droid B6-F7 of Human-Cyborg Relations.

I have received your transmission regarding how are draws determined in Voidstar.

Please note that there are no draws in Voidstar. There can only be one winning side. The winner is determined by whichever side reaches the data core the fastest.

Not helpful at all. (Everything i've ever sent an email/ticket about has always either not been an answer to the question, or a completely unrelated answer) So I then decided to reply, my first enquiry was clear enough, but this time I emphasised certain keywords and finally came back with this response:

I am Protocol Droid A0-H0 of Human-Cyborg Relations.

We have received your transmission regarding with your question on who will win if both teams did not open the first door during Voidstar. If both teams did not manage to open the first door then the team with most objective points wins.

So, the winner of ties is determined by who has the most accumulative objective points. So none of this 'those who attack first win' etc.

Now another question, how are objective points gained in Voidstar if you don't plant/disarm bombs? Killing people at the doors/attempting to plant?

Edited by Ashania

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now another question, how are objective points gained in Voidstar if you don't plant/disarm bombs? Killing people at the doors/attempting to plant?

Interrupting ppl trying to plant...

Quite possibly the dumbest tie breaker system ever...you lose, because you try...

Basically the team that almost gets there but gets interrupted at the end, or even plants a bomb that gets defused etc loses...because they're actually making an effort to try and break the door....

Edited by Adzzy

Quite possibly the dumbest tie breaker system ever...you lose, because you try...

Basically the team that almost gets there but gets interrupted at the end, or even plants a bomb that gets defused etc loses...because they're actually making an effort to try and break the door....

Okay, that makes sense. I was wondering how the hell we were losing "tie" matches where we had planted a bomb but the enemy had not.

Horrible.

Classic Bioware! :D

You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.

So it's kills eh? I always thought it was just RNG to be honest. BioWare loves that system.

Oh, and I really hope they do not make ties determined by objective points until they fix that ****. It's one of the most broken and (currently) pointless systems in the game for every single warzone. Alderaan is the only one close to having objectives right, but it's still not right.

EA outsources their customer service to Egypt/India.

This is why most of their responses are canned answers and I've never seen a screenshot of someone having a legitimate conversation with a GM.

It's a fair bet that very few of them play the game, let alone know its intricate details.

Edited by Paganini

Obviously, the first team gets 6 minutes or whatever to do the objective points. They will either:

a. Reach the data core terminal in x time

b. Get through door/objective y

If it's the former, the defending team gets x time to get to the datacore terminal. If they get it, they have done it quicker. If they don't, well, they lose because they didn't make it quicker (Even if they were 1 second away, that still would have been 1 second after the initial attackers).

If it's the latter, the defending team gets the whole 6 minutes or whatever to get to the datacore terminal. If they make it, they win. If they get past more doors, they win. If they don't, they lose.

So this leaves only one more possibility: The two take the whole 6 minutes and get through the same number of doors. Objective points are gained by

Disarming a bomb

Arming a bomb

Getting defender points (Not to be confused with Defense Points, equal to the amount of HP a tank saved from everyone)

Defender points are gained from camping an objective. You can rack up 5k (That's 1k, 2k, and 5k medals, 3 medals!) in a game easily.

Obviously, the first team gets 6 minutes or whatever to do the objective points. They will either:

a. Reach the data core terminal in x time

b. Get through door/objective y

If it's the former, the defending team gets x time to get to the datacore terminal. If they get it, they have done it quicker. If they don't, well, they lose because they didn't make it quicker (Even if they were 1 second away, that still would have been 1 second after the initial attackers).

If it's the latter, the defending team gets the whole 6 minutes or whatever to get to the datacore terminal. If they make it, they win. If they get past more doors, they win. If they don't, they lose.

So this leaves only one more possibility: The two take the whole 6 minutes and get through the same number of doors. Objective points are gained by

Disarming a bomb

Arming a bomb

Getting defender points (Not to be confused with Defense Points, equal to the amount of HP a tank saved from everyone)

Defender points are gained from camping an objective. You can rack up 5k (That's 1k, 2k, and 5k medals, 3 medals!) in a game easily.

You should work for Bioware, this post is as useful as the response of the first protocol droid.

You should work for Bioware, this post is as useful as the response of the first protocol droid.

Answering his question with a long winded post.

Camping the objective.

So it's kills eh? I always thought it was just RNG to be honest. BioWare loves that system.

Oh, and I really hope they do not make ties determined by objective points until they fix that ****. It's one of the most broken and (currently) pointless systems in the game for every single warzone. Alderaan is the only one close to having objectives right, but it's still not right.

If you look at the image that was posted of a defeat in Voidstar, the team that LOST had ZERO deaths (which corresponds to ZERO kills for the WINNING team).

So, kills do not determine the winner either.

i dont think thats true, i think its enough to just fight very close to the door, i recently got 1k defender points in voidstar and i really cant remember to have been interrupting much at all

So, the winner of ties is determined by who has the most accumulative objective points. So none of this 'those who attack first win' etc.

False!

This is completely FALSE!

http://imageshack.us/f/600/screenshot2012020619051.jpg/

Please check picture!

My team clearly has 600 + 600 + 1800 for a total of 3000 objective points.

Their team clearly has 300 + 300 + 600 for a total of 1200 objective points.

My team also had:

- Less Deaths

- More Medals

- More Kills

Who won?

THEY did! Enjoy your rated warzones guys! I'm out of here!

Edited by Darth_Eclipses