How to kill a Hybrid bubblestun Sage/Sorc?

Tamilveeran

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bubble stun does actually need to be nerfed its fine on the sorc/sage themselves but when the bubble stuns on other players this is annoying especially with the new resolve system. Put onr of those in a wz and all meelee spend the majority of time stunned. So how to counter them.. well try to dot them and hope they are too stupid to cleanse then run away from the bubble.. Edited by AngusFTW

Bubble stun does actually need to be nerfed its fine on the sorc/sage themselves but when the bubble stuns on other players this is annoying especially with the new resolve system. Put on of those in a wz and all meelee spend the majority of time stunned.

Working as designed.

Designed like ****.

I played the spec before the change and had plenty of utility and survivability. This change was unnecessary.

I actually agree from what I've seen so far from the class. I'm only about level 40ish but with all the tools this class has to escape... stun vs mezz seems like a bit of over kill.

They are so annoying, I get tired of chasing them on my Marauder (Annihilation).

I try to think of it as keeping them out of the fight, but if you look at it from their pov, they are keeping me out of the fight too.

Nerf bubble stun! :D jk

you know its sad that a class finally gets a buff after the nerf in 1.2 and all there are all calls to nerf them again...

just because you cant derpsmashkeyboard 3 buttons and kill them doesnt mean you are not impacting the fight....you are taking them out of the fight, if they are healing themselves and trying to avoid being killed by you they are not doing their job

I find it weird that a DPS gets mad that they cant out DPS a healers heals 1v1...how should it be???

also...i know for a fact they are not going to be able to 1v1 kill you unless you are a bad

also, do a little observation on their buffs you can time your derpsmashkeyboard dps to coincide with their cool downs and drop them very fast

you know its sad that a class finally gets a buff after the nerf in 1.2 and all there are all calls to nerf them again...

just because you cant derpsmashkeyboard 3 buttons and kill them doesnt mean you are not impacting the fight....you are taking them out of the fight, if they are healing themselves and trying to avoid being killed by you they are not doing their job

I find it weird that a DPS gets mad that they cant out DPS a healers heals 1v1...how should it be???

also...i know for a fact they are not going to be able to 1v1 kill you unless you are a bad

also, do a little observation on their buffs you can time your derpsmashkeyboard dps to coincide with their cool downs and drop them very fast

How about we give sorcs a no force cost self heal and a movement impairing cleanse/immunity. Oh they already did? Thanks.

Seriously, take the bubble pop off of anyone but the caster.

and you point is?

That we got plenty of buffs without this particular ability being changed. The whole "we got nerfed in this patch, so being OP is ok now" philosophy is terrible. Sorcs needed to get hit with the nerf bat hard in 1.2, we were ungodly before that. DPS got more survivability with the self heal and probably still needs something to help with single target damage, but utility has never been a problem. I'm not sure why this particular ability was changed tbh.

I don't think you know exactly how effective bubble stun is in the right hands.... Total game changer in ranked.

Don't use force jump off the bat if you can help it. Your force scream, vicious throw, and force choke can all hit outside the stun range, use those to break the bubble then jump to him. Since you are annih you can also set your dots and let them pop it while you're out range of the stun. It still will be a pain to take them down but you can work around it. Keep crippling slash up. Edited by Domatron

I play a sorc and a sage and I LOVE it when I'm on them, but I hate it on my assassin. And I have to agree, something has to be changed with it, either add how much resolve it adds, or lower the stun duration. Or both.

Personally, since it is a full stun now, I would make it last 2 seconds instead of 3, and have it add resolve as it should for those 2 seconds... which is 400 resolve. A two second stun is still a good escape ability and should lessen the feeling of stun central on some of those warzones. 400 resolve just makes sense, 200 per second of stun; stick to resolve rules and do not make exceptions or the system will get far too complicated down the road.

Just my opinion.

I figured a Mara/Sent would make this thread. Probably the most annoying thing in the game for them :p

The stun is stupid and should be changed, but I don't think going back to a Mez is the best solution. The Mez was too unreliable in PuG warzones and often just gave free resolve to the person it hit. Perhaps change it to a Mez + Root? As annoying as roots are for melee classes, at least it's better than a stun.

I feel dirty when I purposely stand in melee range of DPS mercs so that they end up stunning themselves.

Edited by Antipodes