How to kill a Hybrid bubblestun Sage/Sorc?

Tamilveeran

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who says this is not OP does not understand how to use it fully with a team that understands it.

1. Damage does not break 3sec stun. Other AoE stuns break on damage

2. can use 4 in a row with out capping resolve = 12 sec stun. Other AoE stuns fill resolve more.

3. Can pop bubble when stunned and stun attackers near by (30m ?)

4. Can re-cast on players every 17sec

In a pug match you may not notice the problem much, but used right with a premade it's devastating. can easily half the opposing teams DPS out put. I have seen it and have used it in premade/ranked.

Imagine trying to gang up on a healer. stun him, he pops his bubble stunning you and his protection starts aoeing the 2-4 people just stunned and soon as the stun is about to wear off a mdps pops his and re-stuns crowd then mele and aoe continues... Rinse and repeat. And this is just one way to work it. there are strats using this for taking objectives.

You are giving facts that are not true. For example, a sage can't cc you with 4 bubbles in a row as there is a lockout duration (max is 2). But what's your point? The other team is good but yours not? Although I said that bubble stun on teamates is an overkill, here you are talking that it affects you when you attack the original caster? Bacause That you cannot smash/smash/throw all the time? In the scenario you are describing stun bubble has never been your problem as you should know that 3/4 melee dps have aoe mezzes or stuns? L2P.

Stunbubs would be fine if they removed the AoE component from the stun. That way, it still has a stun, so it is still useful as a defensive tool for the Sorc, but not so stupid that 1 bubble pop by someone with a bubble on them will stun every enemy player within 5m.

The aoe stun is very useful. Good smashers will attack a sage/sorc in group. It only takes 2 smashes and 2 vicious throws for a light armoured player to be dead. This is now death in 4-5 secs. The aoe stun avoids that. Pretty much every class has some form of defensive mechanism against gang attacks (camo, dissapearance, dodge shields, heavy armor, aoe mezzes). Sages/sorcs were missing that before the aoe bubble stun.

Edited by MusicRider

At this point, since I'm not really seeing anyone have a problem with it, can we stop getting ideas on how to attack a sorc/sage that has the stun bubble on? We all get it, attack from range with whatever abilities you have. It isn't difficult and is the easy answer to the OP's question. At this point, the only argument is whether or not 7 other people should benefit from this ability.

The change was actually extremely well placed on BW's part and is significantly more effective for the builds that spec into it as a low resolve filling stun than it was as a mezz. It allows Lightning/TK to keep DPSing or escape and allows hybrids to escape. Fantastic adjustment. But everyone in the warzone didn't need this buff, which is the point that the majority of people in this thread against the ability are trying to make.

Make it on the caster only or on the caster and the first person bubbled until that bubble pops. Something to reduce the ridiculous amount of CC that already exists. I may not be exactly right, but I believe every AC has at least 2 CC abilities plus the plethora of grenades in ranked. I really don't think we need 8 more AOE stuns every 30 seconds.

Guys, stop arguing in favor of the Bubble-Stun.

According to the Rock-Paper-Scissors argument Sorc/Sages are supposed to be free kills for melee-DPS, this obviously gets in the way of that.

Do you know what the most annoying thing about Bubble-Stun is?

When it is attached to the Mara that just jumped me while my bubble lock-out is active…:eek:

Bubble-Stun is a powerful team tool, but not necessarily a broken mechanic.

Its utility is somewhat overpowered when spread throughout an entire team, however I would contend that considering Sorcs have been diminished to a primarily support role in PVP it fits our new niche.

Every decent Sorc/Sage spread the Bubble to his team before the stun for the extra protection; considering the overwhelming burst capability of Rage at the moment this is a necessary counter.

You people complain we need to stop demanding a Nerf to Rock…

…well, then you have to deal with Paper too. :D

Guys, stop arguing in favor of the Bubble-Stun.

According to the Rock-Paper-Scissors argument Sorc/Sages are supposed to be free kills for melee-DPS, this obviously gets in the way of that.

Just because you, and every other blind yes man in this topic doesn't want to read the posts that gives the -REAL- issue with the bubble stun doesn't mean any of you can just assume why the OP made this topic.

Here, I'll use big words.

WE DON'T CARE IF THE SORC/SAGE HAS IT, TAKE IT OFF THE OTHER NONSORC/SAGES IN THE GROUP.

Bubble-Stun is a powerful team tool, but not necessarily a broken mechanic.

]Its utility is somewhat overpowered when spread throughout an entire team, however I would contend that considering Sorcs have been diminished to a primarily support role in PVP it fits our new niche.

No. It doesn't.

Giving free players a clickable free stun that they can use even when themselves are -stunned- is unbalanced.

A mechanic that can be used by CLICKING OFF THE BUFF is unbalanced automatically, add to that the bubble on other players can be activated blindly and without any thought. *Hint: AoE/cones from other players.*

Answer me this question.

Why does the whole team need this stunbubble when there is -NO- possible way for the other team to smartly take it off the entire team, and punish people that are trying to actually play PvP to win?

Edited by Sulfuren

You are giving facts that are not true. For example, a sage can't cc you with 4 bubbles in a row as there is a lockout duration (max is 2). But what's your point? The other team is good but yours not? Although I said that bubble stun on teamates is an overkill, here you are talking that it affects you when you attack the original caster? Bacause That you cannot smash/smash/throw all the time? In the scenario you are describing stun bubble has never been your problem as you should know that 3/4 melee dps have aoe mezzes or stuns? L2P.

1. No he can't CC with 4 in a row, but there are 7 other players with the bub. Learn to think.

2. Yeah other classes have AoE...But can they cast them while they are stunned? (NO)

3. Our team is fine, we played ranked and got owned a few times buy this set up. We are friends with the other team and they let us in on the tactics of having 2 sages with this build. And we are now running with it to counter it and it's devastating. And both teams agree it's broken as is PERIOD.

Instead of telling me L2P, you should learn to understand that there is always someone better than you and dismissing anyone that challenges you with a L2P is stupid and a very poor attempt to troll.....

Stop wasting your time with theory crafting.

1. No he can't CC with 4 in a row, but there are 7 other players with the bub. Learn to think.

2. Yeah other classes have AoE...But can they cast them while they are stunned? (NO)

3. Our team is fine, we played ranked and got owned a few times buy this set up. We are friends with the other team and they let us in on the tactics of having 2 sages with this build. And we are now running with it to counter it and it's devastating. And both teams agree it's broken as is PERIOD.

Instead of telling me L2P, you should learn to understand that there is always someone better than you and dismissing anyone that challenges you with a L2P is stupid and a very poor attempt to troll.....

Stop wasting your time with theory crafting.

*yawn*

Just because you, and every other blind yes man in this topic doesn't want to read the posts that gives the -REAL- issue with the bubble stun doesn't mean any of you can just assume why the OP made this topic.

Here, I'll use big words.

WE DON'T CARE IF THE SORC/SAGE HAS IT, TAKE IT OFF THE OTHER NONSORC/SAGES IN THE GROUP.

No. It doesn't.

Giving free players a clickable free stun that they can use even when themselves are -stunned- is unbalanced.

A mechanic that can be used by CLICKING OFF THE BUFF is unbalanced automatically, add to that the bubble on other players can be activated blindly and without any thought. *Hint: AoE/cones from other players.*

Answer me this question.

Why does the whole team need this stunbubble when there is -NO- possible way for the other team to smartly take it off the entire team, and punish people that are trying to actually play PvP to win?

Yeah, I don't know about this. The bubble blind sorc's about the only thing that's stopping 6-man derpsmasher teams from running more rampant than they already are.

Yeah, I don't know about this. The bubble blind sorc's about the only thing that's stopping 6-man derpsmasher teams from running more rampant than they already are.

Bubble stunning Sorcs are not a solution for an overly aggressive Rage tree.

- First it was the 8-man healing teams

- Then it was the 8-man stunlocking stabby stabby teams

- These were followed by 8-man PT/Vanguard teams

- After all was said and done we had 8-man Sent/Mara teams

- But let's not forget the last ones, the 8-man Focus/Rage herpaderp teams

OMG! Lord have mercy. I mean bejezuz. These crazy 8-man single class teams from hell. Lordy Lord, what are we ever gonna do?

Because in all my time PvPing in the 50 bracket I have seen -so- many of these full smash teams.

Oh wait, I -haven't-.

I'll go even has far and say these "teams" you speak of make up atleast 1% of the match's in the game period.

So, no.

Because in all my time PvPing in the 50 bracket I have seen -so- many of these full smash teams.

Oh wait, I -haven't-.

I'll go even has far and say these "teams" you speak of make up atleast 1% of the match's in the game period.

So, no.

You've never seen 6 warriors on an enemy team? You should play more warzones. Outside ranked, carnage and vengeance have disappeared as specs in the 50 bracket and annihilation isn't around as often as it was a month ago. Meaning just about every jugg is rage now. And most marauders are rage now.

You've never seen 6 warriors on an enemy team? You should play more warzones. Outside ranked, carnage and vengeance have disappeared as specs in the 50 bracket and annihilation isn't around as often as it was a month ago. Meaning just about every jugg is rage now. And most marauders are rage now.

I play warzones -everyday-, and I don't meet these teams has much has you say you do.

Besides that, it doesn't justify a broken ability being broken regardless of these six man teams. Unlike with the bubble, those teams do have a weakness... Unless of course, the other two behind them are cross healing hybrids.

Edited by Sulfuren

The issues in this thread seem to be entirely too formulaic in their representations:

The only point at which a Sorc/Sage can cover a team with the Bubble is at the very beginning of the match. If timed properly I can get a fresh Bubble on each of my teammates right as the door goes down giving them maximum up-time.

After that the Bubble-Stun follows the Sorc/Sage and it becomes a priority tool and not a team-wide defensive measure.

In the initial wave the Bubbles will provide a solid deal of protection and a quick stun. However, you are highly overestimating the ability of PUG players to even know about the Burst-On-Click mechanic let alone interrupt their rotations in the midst of a fight to employ it...this may be a RWZ/Pre-made issue, but it is not prevalent in most matches.

I would personally argue that the mechanic itself is sound; Sorc/Sages have been forcibly shifted into a team-utility role and the Bubble-Stun provides something unique from this AC that no other can provide – ergo, a reason to have a Sorc in the team.

The Burst-On-Click Stun mechanic should be jettisoned; it should be on early break via damage only.

Otherwise, I would argue that it becomes useless if restricted to the Sorc/Sage, as it does not meaningfully protect us from DPS burst specs in the first place.

I personally enjoy the challenge of trying to kill the healer playing the bubble spec. I also think that sages/sorcs needed to the survivability. To that end, I would suggest leaving the bubble spec as it is. And for the record, I play a Sentinel.

My issue is the fact that every other play on their team is bubble'd as well. In RWZ it is such a huge advantage words cannot even describe.

Hence I strongly believe that the best solution is to make the 'stun' effect of bubbles only apply to the actual caster of the bubble. Every other team mate who is bubbled just receives the damage mitigation, but no stun.

all i have to add is...

love the taste of all you crappy marauders tears over this. arent you the ones who say we need to learn to play against all your Defensive cooldowns. Mmmmm they sure do taste salty. Enjoy all 8 of my bubble stuns you sorry SOB's.

Just back from my ban sure hope I can have another one bioware.

P.S. to all the crappy marauders who feelings I hurt please feel free to report my posts.

Save Face....Slash Stuck. Hate to have you get hurt.

Jenna'syyde

all i have to add is...

Wah wah wah I'm angry wah wah wah.

Jenna'syyde

Now with that settled.

The only point at which a Sorc/Sage can cover a team with the Bubble is at the very beginning of the match. If timed properly I can get a fresh Bubble on each of my teammates right as the door goes down giving them maximum up-time.

Which that along can be the difference between a team winning or losing, expecally against a premade. Pug or no pug. I've experenced the "first to cap wins" event too much at 50, this doesn't help.

Did I forget to mention that cross healers are now -the- ball carriers for hutball?

The Burst-On-Click Stun mechanic should be jettisoned; it should be on early break via damage only.

Thank you.

Otherwise, I would argue that it becomes useless if restricted to the Sorc/Sage, as it does not meaningfully protect us from DPS burst specs in the first place.

It doesn't? Do you know what kiting is? You do have other things that add with the bubblestun, and the bubble stun isn't adding the right resolve in the first place.