Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2018 Expertise Main PVP Stat Is Essential

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
2018 Expertise Main PVP Stat Is Essential

ManOfOne
02.09.2015 , 02:19 AM | #21
Thank you IcyKill_!!
I wanted to get back into some PVP and this helped get me caught up on whats to look for

Keep up the awesome work!!
If your paying credits then I am up for the job.

Join under the Friends of Star Wars program
http://www.swtor.com/r/5BM6Mp

SHAVEDKILLER
02.09.2015 , 11:31 AM | #22
I Fully Sighn your post, top level pve gear in warzones is a death sentence, expertise boosts both survivability and dps, U need it.
Brut

Imasithbanana
02.09.2015 , 03:44 PM | #23
So is this only for pre-60 pvp? I read it a few times and just want to be sure I understand it correctly. I've not played this in a awhile.

clearsighted
02.09.2015 , 03:45 PM | #24
This was a really good post, and one of the few truly enlightening things I've read on this board.

Icykill_
02.09.2015 , 04:29 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Imasithbanana View Post
So is this only for pre-60 pvp? I read it a few times and just want to be sure I understand it correctly. I've not played this in a awhile.
It is for pre 60.. but it is also relevant while you are obtaining your LVL 60 pvp gear...
Even at LVL 60 the stats will not be far off exhumed gear... Of course you will be missing the relics and the set bonus...
But it is definately better than people wearing higher LVL gear than 162... Which will reduce your expertise

I saw people yesterday running with 192 gear while trying to get their pvp gear... They had about 1000 expertise and lost us 2 Arenas and more WZs because of it... Same class for class I did 3-4 times as much damage and took heaps more damage... They were so squishy they died quickly

I equate wearing gear that gives you low expertise as getting smashed like a ripe tomato and hitting like a baby
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Anyakaschala
02.09.2015 , 06:45 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by jngilmerwfw View Post
I hate to look like a newbie but I never PVP'd until just a few days ago when my son asked me to do it with him. Needless to say without PVP gear we got destroyed. Our problem is that I cannot find any vendors that sell PVP gear except for LVL 60. Where are the lower level vendors?

Thank you,

Kilians
buy the pve gear from oricon, it's 162 gear and all thru basic comms. just did this and had 1954 expertise.

outside that, if you are a crafter, it's basically level 30 stuff, or meaning things like Reflex Armoring 30, which is 162 gear.

Icykill_
02.10.2015 , 01:38 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Anyakaschala View Post
buy the pve gear from oricon, it's 162 gear and all thru basic comms. just did this and had 1954 expertise.

outside that, if you are a crafter, it's basically level 30 stuff, or meaning things like Reflex Armoring 30, which is 162 gear.
You only need to swap a weapon mod and enhancement to a 148 and you'll get 2018
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Darslk
02.10.2015 , 11:41 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
heh. bolster was around before the free starter sets. in fact, bolster is why the starter sets were necessary in the first place. bolster at 50 (then the level cap) has never made sense. all you need is expertise to prevent ppl from taking better pve gear into pvp and vice versa. also, capping exp at 2018 was a mistake. that also necessitates bolster because pve stats increase steadily, but the expertise numbers remain constant. free pvp starter gear was implemented badly, but I think it was the most viable of all the "gear gap" fixes this game has tinkered with.
The recruit gear was terrible. It had bad stats and wasn't moddable, so you couldn't augment it without wasting buckets of credits. Bolster is better than recruit gear, at least in its current stage.
Prophecy of the Five, <Ghost Panther>

TrigPt
02.15.2015 , 07:07 AM | #29
The devs badly screwed up the item level rating of PVP gear which only hurts casuals.

With the increase in level cap they should have made ranked gear 184 and unranked gear 178. So not as good as PVE gear but close enough that PVEers rocking up in their 186 /192 gear weren't royally screwed by bolster.

No casual is going to research bolster and expertise and after a couple of games of being crushed will probably never queue again. Telling them that they need to equip old crap gear to do better will just get you laughed at.

marchesq
02.15.2015 , 04:57 PM | #30
Thank you for so much for droppin so much knowledge in this thread.
May I ask you to write a primer for what to do once you hit 60? I like your writing style and it's really easy for me to follow and read. The current "how to be a contender" faq is a little difficult for me to grasp. Thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Trooper by day, lover by night, free by the grace of The Maker.