Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So we are going to see a live action version of Tython very soon

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So we are going to see a live action version of Tython very soon

jedimasterjac
11.28.2020 , 12:10 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
The first two attempts with the jetpack was a bit ... ummm well "hoke" but really are improving quite a lot now. IMO ... they need to watch their CGI with the ship being smacked around and crashing every 3rd episode (so to speak). That get's a little much !
Yeah, the Razorcrest sure does take a beating basically every episode, for some reason.

And, apropos of nothing:

Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Also, a love of Star Wars does not automatically mean a love of the Mandalorian. 🙂
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.
Feel like I've said something good? Click my referral link for free goodies!

Colryn
11.28.2020 , 12:43 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterjac View Post
To be fair, the CGI on the show generally looks pretty bad when it's not ships and blaster fire. The jetpack segments are almost as bad as Dany riding her dragons in GOT.
Coming from someone who refers to themselves as "jedimaster" in their username, your cynicism doesn't hold much merit.

Aside from that, it's a TV show budget, the directors have made it clear their refrain from using CGI because they are very much in favor of traditional practical effects, and I seriously doubt you could do much better.

All that being said, it's way more than any Star Wars fan could have expected from a live-action sci-fi series.

All in all, I am looking forward to seeing the live action version of Tython.

jedimasterjac
11.28.2020 , 12:57 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Colryn View Post
Coming from someone who refers to themselves as "jedimaster" in their username, your cynicism doesn't hold much merit.
Iím sorry that I named my account when I was 10. Sue me, I guess? What a weird sort of personal attack though.

Quote: Originally Posted by Colryn View Post
All that being said, it's way more than any Star Wars fan could have expected from a live-action sci-fi series.
I expected more. Not in terms of CGI/effects, but I did expect more.

Gamman
11.28.2020 , 01:39 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Phazonfreak View Post
Spoiler if you havent watched Season 2 Episode 5 of the Mandalorian yet:

Spoiler
I'm looking forward to it myself. I screamed with joy (on the inside) when they mentioned the planet's name.

Since SWTOR is set 3600+ years before the movies and the shows, Tython wouldn't look the way it does in the game. The temple would probably be in ruins and overgrown with vegetation, would be my guess. And there's also the fact that SWTOR is more in the Legends category, they can take some creative liberties with it.

I am really loving The Mandalorian so far, probably the best live action Star Wars we have gotten in recent years, in my opinion. I have been looking forward to each episode, week by week.
Force Watch |Force Supremacy - Star Forge Server
Gamman Shadowrush - Jedi Sentinel | Neverus - Sith Juggernaut
My referral link for free stuff: http://www.swtor.com/r/MhJcVS
Here's what you'll get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Przemo_No
11.28.2020 , 02:00 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Phazonfreak View Post
Spoiler if you havent watched Season 2 Episode 5 of the Mandalorian yet:

Spoiler
I'll be brutally honest: While the Season 1 was really good, the so far "adventures" of Mando_The_Daddy in Season 2 were just beyond MEH and I was wondering what will be his adventure in the next episode - perhaps he will have issues with his shoes and will seek help of nearest shoemaker, who, conveniently will be placed in some (waterish this time) planet and then Mando will need to fight giant sharks in order to get his shoes fixed.

FORTUNATELY Episode 5 finally has brought a bit of Star Wars into Star Wars universe and we have seen a decent fight and meaningful progress I wont make any spoilers about certain baby and certain Jedi.
And Hell Yesssss, some important names have been mentioned and some locations too, so finally we are getting somewhere!

But first 4 Episodes were very, very poor filler....
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

jedimasterjac
11.28.2020 , 02:06 PM | #16
Don't forget that the shoemaker will then betray the Mando, and then we'll meet yet another character Dave Filoni created.

OlBuzzard
11.28.2020 , 04:08 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Gamman View Post
I'm looking forward to it myself. I screamed with joy (on the inside) when they mentioned the planet's name.

Since SWTOR is set 3600+ years before the movies and the shows, Tython wouldn't look the way it does in the game. The temple would probably be in ruins and overgrown with vegetation, would be my guess. And there's also the fact that SWTOR is more in the Legends category, they can take some creative liberties with it.

I am really loving The Mandalorian so far, probably the best live action Star Wars we have gotten in recent years, in my opinion. I have been looking forward to each episode, week by week.
Well ... possibly !

If they are now looking at or dealing with

Spoiler

It should be interesting to see where this goes. I hope that they can get to recording the next part of the series. Seems like this pandemic has really put a damper on things !

Just my thoughts on the matter !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|