Players throwing matches with DPS PT/VG in group

KevinQCowart

As if PT/VG isn't in a bad enough position in PvP. Every few matches I get players will just say "GG" and afk matches because they think they can't win with a VG/PT. Or it gets worse I frequently get verbally accosted for just queuing, I've had to report a few players for saying things I can't even repeat on the forum, things that are illegal to say in some countries.

This is how bad your class balance is Bioware. Do something already.

Edited by KevinQCowart

If you run with a PT in SR, then you better be epic on the class. Throughout the entire season I have only met 1 or 2 that wasn't a complete liability to the team. If you queue with a PT and do 50k damage and die within the first 15 seconds then yes, I will try to get the team to vote kick you :)

Well sadly that's the state of the class now. You have 1 defensive cd, which is your Shield and then kolto, which isnt that fast as on the Merc and only to 35% which when focused doesnt help and is dpsed through. You CAN play it in some cases by kitting etc, there is a certain advantage in running a PT due to knowing that you will be focused. With this knowledge you can turn the tide, but only if it works. I don't think its gonna always work :)

If you run with a PT in SR, then you better be epic on the class. Throughout the entire season I have only met 1 or 2 that wasn't a complete liability to the team. If you queue with a PT and do 50k damage and die within the first 15 seconds then yes, I will try to get the team to vote kick you :)

If you vote kick a player for their class choice or under performing that is blatant harassment and an abuse of the vote kick system.

Besides being against the ToS its a complete jerk move. Its pretty sad we need legal documents to enforce sportsmanship.

dont queue pt dps unless tnks/hls are in queue (check fleet chat)

otherwise, you deserve to get globald. the devs know about pt underperformance in 4dps scenarios, its existed for 2 years now... its working as intended. no buff inc

Edited by Seterade

As if PT/VG isn't in a bad enough position in PvP. Every few matches I get players will just say "GG" and afk matches because they think they can't win with a VG/PT. Or it gets worse I frequently get verbally accosted for just queuing, I've had to report a few players for saying things I can't even repeat on the forum, things that are illegal to say in some countries.

This is how bad your class balance is Bioware. Do something already.

I just talked about this, well it started over Expertise but still any way this is what i said on the other thread.

As far as i'm concern, every body that Pays for a subscription has a right to play any content of this game no matter how crappy of player they are. If you don't like it or have an issue with it, then you leave and try to join a better pvp match. If you don't want to leave, then just play the hand your dealt. Or here's an idea by staying and playing with the less skilled player, you may try helping them get better. Any thing like that would be better then, In game shaming them, calling them names and then continue your harassment out of pvp in gen chat in a whisper. Try being nice and having understanding and compassion. Because after all, one that does those things, shows others how shallow and just how less of a person they are.

There is lots of reason why one may play like crap, perhaps their handicap, Physical or Mental and they just want to have a normal life doing what others do that aren't handicap. I mean, You just don't know why they don't play well. I seen some play great for days then another time play like crap, i mean we are all only human. So try having some Empathy & Sympathy. And yes some players just SUCK, but still then, if they do, try helping them out, Nicely. Although we all do sub to play all content of this mmo. But still, it is a game.

Do take care and Be well......

The Point is how people treat others in game, in game pvp. Being mean, is just not called fore. Even if they are throwing the game. Dont say a word cause you are just fueling their flames. Saying nothing will tick them off worst and you take that flame away, they may stop eventually. While this is going on, get screen shots of how they are playing as far as how you think, if they are throwing the game. Get the screenies of how they are calling names or just foul language. Just be nice no matter what. Because if you Cant, You are really telling us just how Shallow & Immature you are. Of course any one that throws the game is that any way......

Do Take Care & Be Well........

Hmm, then ok lets say i and a few others, dont like how you talk in Gen chat, well i am going to try to get you kicked out of SWTOR in General. I mean if one can get some one voted out of a Side game within a game, then that can go both ways and get you kicked out of the game in general. Makes no diff if you pay a sub or not if a couple people dont like you or how you play or what you play or what you do, lets get rid of them. THATS FAIR! :)

Take Care & Be Well.......

if you vote kick a player for their class choice or under performing that is blatant harassment and an abuse of the vote kick system.

Besides being against the tos its a complete jerk move. Its pretty sad we need legal documents to enforce sportsmanship.

indeed.......

Theres a lot of awful people playing this game.

Surprisingly, the best players I've seen, don't harass others, cause they will get that ELO back in a few matches.

Of course if you're being retarded they will still complain, but far from harass you.

If you queue with a PT and do 50k damage and die within the first 15 seconds then yes, I will try to get the team to vote kick you :)

So you'd rather go 3v4 than to have a 4th player being a potential distraction and still doing some dps? Great logic.

So you'd rather go 3v4 than to have a 4th player being a potential distraction and still doing some dps? Great logic.
you're locked out of the queue for like 10 minutes or something (I forget how much exactly) if you get vote kicked out of a solo ranked game

I don't vote kick people just for being bad but it's a way to at least sort of discourage throwers if you can actually get your team to vote kick them

Edited by yellow_

Theres a lot of awful people playing this game.

Surprisingly, the best players I've seen, don't harass others, cause they will get that ELO back in a few matches.

Of course if you're being retarded they will still complain, but far from harass you.

That is a great point! I have played with godtier players and they never complain about getting a PT, they say, "We will peel/heal/guard if you can just keep them chasing you" I serve as a diversion and we win. The real good players look for opportunity against adversity and NEVER demoralize their teammates.

you're locked out of the queue for like 10 minutes or something (I forget how much exactly) if you get vote kicked out of a solo ranked game

I don't vote kick people just for being bad but it's a way to at least sort of discourage throwers if you can actually get your team to vote kick them

But playing your favorite class thats not fotm is not throwing.

I feel for you OP. Got votekicked by a pug in regs arena for being VG. Our team had shadow tank, sent dps, me vg dps and sage healer. opposite team had two sniper, a merc and a opa (no healer). The moment I zoned in sage healer booted me. said not going to waste time in healing me! :eek:

Classes can be buffed or balanced (if devs decided to pull that) but this kind of mentality? I mean they don't know what I can do. Needless to say I had to shelve my VG after that harrasment.

I feel for you OP. Got votekicked by a pug in regs arena for being VG. Our team had shadow tank, sent dps, me vg dps and sage healer. opposite team had two sniper, a merc and a opa (no healer). The moment I zoned in sage healer booted me. said not going to waste time in healing me! :eek:

Classes can be buffed or balanced (if devs decided to pull that) but this kind of mentality? I mean they don't know what I can do. Needless to say I had to shelve my VG after that harrasment.

if I ever get the interest to log on again im going to queue 24/7 on AP PT, cuz why not. I enjoy globaling fotm rerollers on the laughing stock of 5.x spec

Edited by Seterade

if I ever get the interest to log on again im going to queue 24/7 on AP PT, cuz why not. I enjoy globaling fotm rerollers on the laughing stock of 5.x spec

Is that sarcasm? It is I guess.

Well mate you are also then part of the symptom. I guess you like to get a group on voice comm, take 4 FOTM classes together and gank the hell out of certain unlucky and unsuspecting fellow on the opposite team.

:rolleyes:

You or anyone don't get to say what I can play or not. That's harassment of sort.

BTW I also believe in that classic mantra: Don't feed the troll.

I'll be taking my leave. Good day.

um im not trolling you. I logged in today and did a few matchs on my 248 pt.

the most memorable was the one where I killed the same mara 3 times, and solod a sniper, and before that solod a merc.

they dont make pvpers like they used to. god bless free 60 tokens and the free 70 outlander cm item. I hit that poor mara 4 times for a 30k energy burst bless her heart.

gear disparity is the best. the only people who want expertise to come back are nubs who dont want to work for gear

(now that is sarcasm bud)

Edited by Seterade

Well mate you are also then part of the symptom. I guess you like to get a group on voice comm, take 4 FOTM classes together and gank the hell out of certain unlucky and unsuspecting fellow on the opposite team.

You or anyone don't get to say what I can play or not. That's harassment of sort.

Hell to the no! I would never shelf any of my 13 toons no matter how bad i did in pvp with them and get harassed to the point i'll self it and never play that toon again. Harassing me will just make me que up again even if i am done with my days worth of ranks. I know when i play a toon bad no one chastises me more then my self for playing bad, and i will call it a day, no matter if i have 1 match to go or all 4. I will just leave and not que the rest of the day. But Harass me and "I'll be back" like the Terminator hoping to play with the same butt holes that kicked me or harassed me. And i will never self my PT i like the story i created for her and it just works. I usually do top 6 if not top 3 of the best in Solo WZ and i help my team in rank win at least 3 out of 5 matches, thats not bad for a PT....

But you get some one that screws up and gets killed but NOOO, it was some one else's fault, not their own. Then they harass you. Dont you love those people?

Take care and be well......

https://ibb.co/hS4oKJ

this is my utility and gear load out for regs. would I run different utlity for ranked? yes. but the discussion is regs, so here you go : )

happy ganking, happy lyf. red is dead, and playing wut wins instead of wuts fun will make you quit a game faster than you can find a new one. remember that.

Edited by Seterade

You kids act like "voicecomm" is some sort of navy seal collaboration. As if they are synced up to touch pads and snowden software calling out coordinates like latitude and longitude while looking for radar blips among the wall of 16 screens in front of them and using phonetic alphabets to systematically wipe out opposing players. You dont want to consider the fact that you're just not good at PVP, god no, everyone who beats you is using advanced technology to best you, or maybe you suffer from Cognitive Dissonance?

If you vote kick a player for their class choice or under performing that is blatant harassment and an abuse of the vote kick system.

Besides being against the ToS its a complete jerk move. Its pretty sad we need legal documents to enforce sportsmanship.

Re-read my post. I am not trying to kick a player solely because they are playing an underperforming class or being bad. I specified that it would be because they die within 15 seconds. That was not hyperbole. If someone a) plays an underperforming class, b) doesn't know their class, c) has terrible gear, d) is only there for mats, then that player is a liability and is in-directly harassing the rest of us. Besides, it takes 3 to tango i.e. I can not vote kick a player myself. If all 3 of us agree that said player should be removed, maybe, just maybe the action has merit.

https://ibb.co/hS4oKJ

this is my utility and gear load out for regs. would I run different utlity for ranked? yes. but the discussion is regs, so here you go : )

happy ganking, happy lyf. red is dead, and playing wut wins instead of wuts fun will make you quit a game faster than you can find a new one. remember that.

May be I misunderstood you, in that case I apologize. However I stand corrected. There are people who would rather harass you instead leaving you alone or helping you. Besides it's hardly fun if its insta-kick you get when zoning in. :)

Edited by Ayushman

Hell to the no! I would never shelf any of my 13 toons no matter how bad i did in pvp with them and get harassed to the point i'll self it and never play that toon again. Harassing me will just make me que up again even if i am done with my days worth of ranks. I know when i play a toon bad no one chastises me more then my self for playing bad, and i will call it a day, no matter if i have 1 match to go or all 4. I will just leave and not que the rest of the day. But Harass me and "I'll be back" like the Terminator hoping to play with the same butt holes that kicked me or harassed me. And i will never self my PT i like the story i created for her and it just works. I usually do top 6 if not top 3 of the best in Solo WZ and i help my team in rank win at least 3 out of 5 matches, thats not bad for a PT....

But you get some one that screws up and gets killed but NOOO, it was some one else's fault, not their own. Then they harass you. Dont you love those people?

Take care and be well......

Even you made the post in sarcasm, I'll take positive things out of it. :)

Thanks though I am going to take my VG out for a spin next time I'm not hunting healers in my merc or mara. :p

You kids act like "voicecomm" is some sort of navy seal collaboration. As if they are synced up to touch pads and snowden software calling out coordinates like latitude and longitude while looking for radar blips among the wall of 16 screens in front of them and using phonetic alphabets to systematically wipe out opposing players. You dont want to consider the fact that you're just not good at PVP, god no, everyone who beats you is using advanced technology to best you, or maybe you suffer from Cognitive Dissonance?

It does not have to be like that. Any voiced communication is way better than disorganized pug. You may deny it but superior technology or technique do give an edge to its users.

BTW I am posting on forums and shouting at Internet instead of playing the game. I must be near end -game. :D