6.1.4 Conquest Updates

DavidStaats

Hi all!

I wanted to take a moment and give some insight into the upcoming Conquest system updates you can expect to see with 6.1.4. As always, the following information is subject to change. Let’s dive in!

Point Rebalance

One of the biggest changes coming with 6.1.4 and Conquests is an across the board point rebalance. We are taking a deeper look at Objective time and effort, ensuring that those objectives which might take a longer time to complete or have a higher complexity in order to complete will feel as equally rewarding as some of the less time intensive objectives.

We took a thorough look at every Conquest objective and balanced their final points through emphasizing objective time to complete, complexity, and repeatability. The result is an abundance of Conquest points for some of the most complex and/or time intensive objectives, lesser points for marginal time and effort objectives, and an even scale for those objectives in the middle.

Below is just a small example of some of the point changes this has resulted in.

All values displayed are base values without any additional bonuses or multipliers and subject to change.

Changes will be listed as <Conquest Objective> new 6.1.4 value (relative to previous value), similar to patch notes.

• Items: Credits for Junk is now worth 550 points (down from 1,750).
  • Advancement: Hail a Taxi is now worth 550 points (down from 1,750).
  • Starfighter: <Ship> Eternal is now worth 2,200 points (up from 600).
  • Chapters: Any are now worth 4,850 points (up from 3,000).
  • Operation: Master is now worth 13,100 points (up from 7,500).
  • Iokath: Weekly Mission is now worth 22,250 points (up from 4,000).
  • Team Ranked: Total Domination is now worth 100,000 points (up from 13,500).

Objective Level Bracket Updates

We continue to review the Objectives available for each bracket to ensure players of all levels have a meaningful and enjoyable Conquest experience, while also challenging players in the appropriate manner.

With that, we have made additional adjustments to some Conquest Objectives and the Level Bracket they appear in. This includes the following:

Subject to change.

Changes will be listed as <Conquest Objective> new 6.1.4 bracket (relative to previous brackets), similar to patch notes.

• Advancement: Legacy is now in the 10-49 bracket (in addition to 50-70 and 71+).
  • World Boss (Coruscant/Dromund Kaas - Corellia) is now in the 10-49 bracket (in addition to 50-70 and 71+).
  • Items: Credits for Junk is now only in the 10-49 bracket (it is no longer in the 50-70 and 71+ brackets)

New Conquest Objectives

We want to continue offering additional avenues for players to participate in Conquests without feeling like they have to choose Conquests over an activity that they want to participate in. For instance, a player who spends their time playing through Knights of the Fallen Empire or Knights of the Eternal Throne may be sacrificing a decent chunk of Conquest participation in order to enjoy their epic stories.

Our goal continues to be allowing you to play how you want while feeling like you are able to meaningfully contribute to your Conquest goals. As such, we have added new Conquest Objectives you can expect to see on a regular cadence, ranging from Defeating Skytroopers and completing Heroic Planetary Missions, to Uprisings and conquering Star Fortresses!

Events and Conquest

Events are a good break from the day to day of saving (or taking over!) the Galaxy, and we want to continue supporting that notion through Conquests. We are further expanding on the relationship between Conquest and events through the addition of new Conquest Objectives, tweaking the repeatability of others, and making point adjustments to others still.

Using the Relics of the Gree event as an example, the following changes are coming to further support the Event.:

Subject to change.

Changes will be listed as <Conquest Objective> new 6.1.4 value (relative to previous value), similar to patch notes.

• Relics of the Gree: Critical Missions is now Infinitely repeatable and worth 1,650 points (previously was Daily only worth 4,000)
  • Relics of the Gree: Defeat Surgok'k is now worth 5,800 points (up from 4,000).
  • Relics of the Gree: Defeat Gravak'k is now worth 5,800 points (up from 4,000).
  • Relics of the Gree: The Gray Secant is now worth 10,700 points (up from 9,750).
  • Relics of the Gree: The Gray Secant Pinnacle is now worth 2,700 points (up from 1,100).
  • NEW Relics of the Gree: Defeat Droids is a Weekly Conquest Objective worth 10,700.
  • NEW Relics of the Gree: Defeat Droids 2 is an Infinitely repeatable Objective worth 2,750.

These new additions are not only exclusive to our rotational events, however! In addition, we are branching out and adding Conquest Objectives for our Seasonal events as well! Be on the lookout for new and exciting ways to participate in both Seasonal and rotational Events through Conquest as they come around!

Introduction To Conquest

There is little doubt that over the years Conquests have changed substantially from what they were originally. As we continue to iterate, we find it important to give players context as to what this system has become and what it can offer you! With that in mind, we have made some tweaks to the Introduction To Conquest Mission, including revisiting the rewards, the Mission text, and auto-granting the Mission to players as soon as they reach Level 10 and are eligible to participate in the Conquest System!

For those who are already past Level 10 and have not already completed the Mission, this can still be obtained from the Mission Terminal on the Republic and Imperial Fleets respectively.

Shorter UI Popup Notification

Finally, we have made an adjustment and lowered the duration of the UI Popup for Conquest Objectives!

We will be putting these changes onto the Public Test Server soon, so be on the lookout! We are excited about these updates to Conquest, and can’t wait to get them out to you all with PTS and finally 6.1.4. We look forward to your feedback!

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mixed bag.

Adding repeatable objectives is a good thing, as is adjusting upwards the points for some of the more time consuming (especially those that require a coordinated group) objectives.

And of course anything to lessen the annoyance of the pop ups is an improvement, though I'd much prefer to see it added to the UI editor so players could fully suppress the messages if they so desired (and I highly desire to do so).

However, seeing the nerfs listed along with the caveat that the list is just a small portion of potential changes gives me pause that a lot of the current objectives will be nerfed in some form or fashion.

Also nothing suggests the developers have solved whatever issues seem to prevent the ability to have repeatable per character per day / per conquest objectives versus everything being once per day / conquest and then done or infinitely repeatable.

I also am concerned about potential changes to crafting objectives (not listed), especially as conquest is still coupled to crafting with respect to the necessity for Solid Resource Matirx materials available only through conquest. It also concerns me given the last crafting change wasn't even announced (the removal of old schematics - which I support) until after the fact, and that it appeared to be done to appease a large obnoxious group that is pushing other changes I do not support (such as removal of crafting objectives).

Also I don't see anything about potential changes alluded to in an earlier post regarding rotating more planets into each week, varying the yields and rewards, and other changes around creating more opportunities for more guilds to earn conquest planetary titles.

Lastly, none of the changes either alluded to in the original post or mentioned above get into one of the biggest problems I see with conquest today - that is most of the rewards are individual (e.g. gear, SRM, credits) yet amount of rewards are not tied to individual character points.

For example, if I earn 500K on one character that is not in a guild, I earn nothing for the week at reset.

On the other hand, if earn 50K each on 5 characters in large yield guild (250K total), I get 5x flagship encryptions, 20 SRMs, 750K credits, 2,500 tech fragments, and ~25-30 chances at gear (5x large gear boxes).

I could understand not getting encryptions or guild components when not guilded, and getting more or less of each based on guild points, but getting nothing or a lot less of personal rewards just because a player is un-guilded or in a small guild (mats, gear, credits) while putting in more effort is absurd.

Edited by DawnAskham

Finally, we have made an adjustment and lowered the duration of the UI Popup for Conquest Objectives!

How about letting us choose whether we want those popups at all? Or at the very least, how about adding a [close] button? There can be as many as 5-6 popups in a row. Objectives such as crafting or crew missions can pop-up during cutscenes. This is extremely poor, user-unfriendly design. Don't you think we know better how (un)cluttered we want our UIs to be?

wait till you see it on the PTS, you might change your mind...lol

I mean, ideally I'd like them to sort the whole thing out but if they're just messing with numbers like this rather than reworking the system (cough, repeatable crafting meaning 100 million conquest point guilds due crafting bots, cough) then what's the point, just stick it out. It won't change a thing

Thank you for the update!

I am always looking forward to a system that has a good balance of repeatability (both on the same character and on multiple characters), themes (as relates to events or the spirit of the conquest title), freedom of choice (in terms of playstyles), and bang for the buck (time invested relative to point yield.)

Personally, I feel that event-related objectives should have more repeatability attached to them, to incentivize playing the event on multiple toons.

I also support increasing the point yield from pvp and high-skill end game, including but not limited to GSF.

I also support story/solo players having ways to contribute that are, when applicable, thematically appropriate.

A player with 16 alts who only plays solo content and never sets foot in flashpoints, let alone pvp, should have a path to conquest personal goal for as many of those alts as the player has time ... but so should exclusive pvp'ers, progression raiders, or jacks-of-all-trades. They don't need to all be the same pace or efficiency, or even have the same tech fragment/gear crate yield.

Below is just a small example of some of the point changes this has resulted in.

This is why I'm reserving judgment until you actually release the full list.

Not really sure why you need to put this up on a PTS either. If it's just a number change patch, we are all (well, most of us) quite capable of reading and rudimentary math.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

I still don't get why you keep adding this popups. Everyone hated the controlling guild in planets and SH owner. You then go and add a pestering D/L winning side and people hated it so much that you eventually changed the time it last for a winning side so bothered less to players (because that was one of the reasons for last increases). That is a fisco even to this day. So who in their right mind thought adding a new popup that triggers very frequently was a good idea? Did someone actually asked for that?

Don't make it last less, just remove it. Do it properly or don't do it at all.

All other changes seems good.

Well more evidence that cq is the true endgame and anyone looking for a casual pve endgame at level 75 can go swim up the creek.

Amplifier changes still being "considered", no mention of the idiocy of the decison to not scale content and also not make new content but have endgame gear drop in downscaled level 70 content. But oh, cq better be destroyed every 3-6 months.

Awesome job, really guys. Exactly what I wanted to see! (/sarcasm if it wasn't obvious)

Hi all!

[*]Starfighter: <Ship> Eternal is now worth 2,200 points (up from 600).

Wait..Kindly elaborate a bit..

This conquest objective, as it stands, IS AVAILABLE ONCE A YEAR OR SOMETHING. Currently, it is only there during Clash In hyperspace conq event. Maybe one or two weeks a year. Do you nerf this? Do you buff this? It is completely irrelevant!! What matters are the objectives that are there on weekly basis.

Besides the massive concern outlined above, In general most of these adjustments seem to make a good deal of sense. As it stands, multiplayer exclusive content that requires other people to even happen is real modest conq, when compared to soloable things. It is great this is getting adjusted a bit at last!!

It'd be so much fun if all playstyles(GSF,Uprisings, FPs, WZs,Ops) had bit more daily objectives to pursue. Something like 95 dailies are there for planetary tourism. It is fun to chase daily objectives. Howbout you give some more for all multiplayer content too? As in, objectives that are there every day, every week like those 90 planetary conq objectives are?

When moving this stuff to test center, PLEASE remember that you won't see much of GSF, WZs, or any other grp content there unless you incentivize it somehow.

- I'm thinking the initial quite massive imbalances in Conq patch of last spring were originally due to only soloable stuff happening or getting talked about in test center.

Edited by Stradlin

Well we all know how this will end. They will over nerf and people will get upset understandably so and leave... I was one of the many who left last time they nerfed conquest and crafting. Ill stick with it this time for now, but we will see.

I def agree with expanding the points on the harder content. I do not agree with restricting some of the objectives to certain level brackets (many of us have all end game toons and dont plan on making any more). From my experience, restrictions never end well. Nerfing points especially so drastically isnt a good sign either.

At the end of the day, youre just hurting the small guilds. This wont affect the larger guilds at all.

Winter is coming.

:rak_03:

How about making crafting a Dark Project a daily repeatable instead of a once a week item.

Crafting: Invasion Force is a daily repeatable and is actually worth more than a Dark Project.

It takes a lot more resources to craft an invasion force than it does a dark project. However I do agree that it should be a daily repeatable; all crafting should be.

This is why I'm reserving judgment until you actually release the full list.

Not really sure why you need to put this up on a PTS either. If it's just a number change patch, we are all (well, most of us) quite capable of reading and rudimentary math.

Dasty

Chances are they are making changes to the code (possibly), and with all things, especially in this game, things can go wrong.

My concern since they are not listing all of the changes is they will nerf many of the solo activities into the ground. Making conquest group oriented.

Increasing points for group content is one thing, but if they nerf solo that will be bad.

Yeah, I'm gonna echo the sentiment that this in particular has me concerned when there are nerfs on the list. The nerfs on the list are reasonable, in my opinion, but the stated intention of these changes gives me pause. Thought needs to be given to balancing rewards in general vs Conquest point rewards. Operations and Flashpoints especially are already extremely rewarding for TF and gear, so content that's basically only rewarded via Conquest points should have a better efficiency than Ops and FPs. Doesn't mean the latter shouldn't be buffed, but the disparity in general rewards should be kept in mind when nerfing other content to keep things "even" in time.

If that consideration isn't going to be made, then rewards in general need to be looked at instead so we don't have so many pieces of content that either only feel rewarding due to Conquest at the moment or simply don't feel rewarding at all.

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

It is rather ironic that you used Relics of the Gree for your example when we have not seen it for ~5 months (if it runs at the next earliest chance on 6 Oct). Any chance we will be returning to a regular rotating schedule of Conquest events soon?

Regarding the Intro to Conquest mission. Does this mean we will finally see the Grand Chance Cube returned to the mission rewards? If not, will you please confirm one way or the other that it is gone and will not return? I have several characters that I have not picked up the intro mission on because we were told, quite some time ago, that the removal of the GCC was not intentional. Regarding the auto-granted mission. Can we abandon it and pick it up later to be completed at a time of our choosing if we so choose?

I will refrain from passing judgement on the Conquest point and objective changes until I have seen them, but I certainly do hope that you are not making Conquest a second job again like it was after 6.0 completely reversed the course set forth by the Conquest changes in 5.10.3.

Hmm, I agree with the general idea, and that some things definitely need a boost in conquest points earned compared to time taken. However, I'm concerned that things that are incredibly solo and alt friendly now will be getting over nerfed and turn conquest back into a mega grind for small mostly alt players. I agree with adding points to those harder, time consuming objectives, but given the history of conquest changes I fear you're going to over tune this and make conquest miserable for small guilds primarily populated by alts.

As conquest is now I can get numerous toons through and contribute to my guild's slog for encryptions to open our ship, while still having time to play what I want without concern for conquest. It's made opening the ship feel attainable. Before this it felt like a job rather than something done for recreation.

I'll reserve judgement and test things on the PTS, but I'm pretty skeptical at the moment.

As someone whose life has been completely turned upside down because of Covid 19, this game is my only escape and the only way for me to safely socialize with friends. So please, please, please don't nerf anything in the Conquest objectives. Increasing points and adding objectives should be the top, and only, priority.

As someone whose life has been completely turned upside down because of Covid 19, this game is my only escape and the only way for me to safely socialize with friends. So please, please, please don't nerf anything in the Conquest objectives. Increasing points and adding objectives should be the top, and only, priority.

I'm sorry COVID has so drastically affected you. It really sucks. :(