Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Sorcerer Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

lightningseven
09.04.2019 , 09:32 AM | #101
RE: "Volt Rush" is kind of a STUPID name for that power anyway.... IT SHOULD be called something like "AMPERAGE"-something.

Just an FYI because this whole thread (while useful to the nitty gritty of how that force power should work and i am glad AT LEAST SOMEONE is working on it ...) this STILL DOES NEED to be SAID!!!

Just so that everyone knows, coming from a PURE STANDPOINT of actual SCIENCE in terms of ELECTRICITY and ELECTRONICS ... a "volt" or any number of units of VOLTAGE ... is NOT what harms or kills people.

In the real world, and about 100 years ago... (backed by a generator that he was LITERALLY CONNECTED to)... NIKOLA TESLA used to shoot 10,000 VOLT lightning bolts OUT OF HIS ARMS. SAFELY. WITH NO harm to himself or others or any other non-living objects.

It was because he used VERY LOW AMPERAGE.
If he had used even a TENTH of an ampere, HE WOULD HAVE DIED. and other people who were around him (he was being interviewed when he did this) could have died as well.

It is the AMPERAGE that harms or kills people. AMPERES!!!! NOT VOLTS.

WATTS is = volts amount X amps amount. W = VA or W = V times A

If you really want to name a Sorc power that has deadly capacity, try USING REAL ELECTRIC TERMS.

How about "Ultra Capacitance" for holding a charge, and then CONDUCTIVE AMPERAGE as a Damage Over Time type ability?

And then maybe for protective powers, something involving OHMS or FARADAY UNITS (you know, like a FARADAY CAGE that can LITERALLY PROTECT people from EMP blasts of RF electric field energy).

Add some MAGNETIC powers to Lightning sorc, too, please!!! GRAVITY powers where you can throw people and things around would also make for at least another great new spec, if not for Lightning Sorc possibly.

I CANNOT TELL what this silly "volt rush" ability on Lightning Sorc was ever supposed to do, because every time i pressed or clicked that button, NOTHING EVER "happened" -- at least not visually. Far as i can tell, it never did anything to damage enemies????
My NEW ideas for FUTURE #SWTOR6 #KOTET content:
Post-5.0 BUG LIST / FUTURE Content Requests AND Addendum: REVOLUTIONIZING SWTOR!
LEGACIES (Type "/CJOIN [legacy name]" IN CHAT to find me!): Satele Shan: CELESTIA; Star Forge: PALLADIUM; Darth Malgus: UNIVERSALYS

garthica
09.04.2019 , 02:17 PM | #102
I feel like Sorc DPS are no longer a viable PVE raiding class. Just look at how few Sorc DPS have cleared NiM Gods. Volt Rush is garbage and I feel like because Sorcs were the first class to be redesigned it has the worst design in 6.0. A

Solarmind
09.09.2019 , 12:32 AM | #103
I know everything supppose to be about the loot on this phase, but… What did you do to the poor Sorcerers this time ?!
They've had a joke of the damage already, and now you took what was left of our survivability away too ? I was trying to do heroics on Dromund Kaas, Dromund Kaas (!!!) for God's sake, and got myself killed for several times ! +5 levels, brand new items… what for ? OK, the levels synch. system reduced me to the 18 lvl, but still, I shouldn't be weaker than I'm on live.

And should I really mention I didnt use the new Volt Rush skill even once ? Actually, nobody uses it ! Even some non-combat skill would be better than this nonsense. KotET Chapter 9, for example, has several interesting Phase Jump/Teleport skills.
At the very least you should take the Volt Rush's set bonus/tactical item and build it into the talents/skill itself.

Sarova
09.10.2019 , 11:10 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Solarmind View Post
I know everything supppose to be about the loot on this phase, but… What did you do to the poor Sorcerers this time ?!
They've had a joke of the damage already, and now you took what was left of our survivability away too ? I was trying to do heroics on Dromund Kaas, Dromund Kaas (!!!) for God's sake, and got myself killed for several times ! +5 levels, brand new items… what for ? OK, the levels synch. system reduced me to the 18 lvl, but still, I shouldn't be weaker than I'm on live.

And should I really mention I didnt use the new Volt Rush skill even once ? Actually, nobody uses it ! Even some non-combat skill would be better than this nonsense. KotET Chapter 9, for example, has several interesting Phase Jump/Teleport skills.
At the very least you should take the Volt Rush's set bonus/tactical item and build it into the talents/skill itself.
I agree with your rant.
As for Volt Rush, it is only viable soloing stuff or in regular PvP With the tactical item "Elemental Convention" (Element Convention (Lightning) – Volt Rush triggers Storm when activated. Chain Lightning gives you Volt Flux, causing your Volt Rush to arc to multiple targets for the next 10 seconds) which I have no idea how to get now that RNG gearing is in. I have to call lies on this post I made, now that I've experienced gearing reality. Getting the correct armour set, tactical item and amplifiers to make Volt Rush useable is going to be a nightmare. Thank God I don't raid as we have no business bothering (if you're lightning).
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - Make it Happen || Quinn Treats™
Allow us to Buy Multiples of the same Stronghold
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

RemenCreed
09.13.2019 , 07:50 PM | #105
Here's an idea, remove Volt Rush and re-design Force Barrier. Instead of a Sorc/Sage being imprisoned in an energy barrier with a horde of Melee waiting to choke, stun and root the Sorc/Sage the moment the barrier ends. How about you redesign the ability that would reduce the damage taken by 99% for 4 seconds. You gave Snipers Phase Walk. Give Sorc's Undying Rage.
Rėmen: Level 70 Sage - Elite Warlord
Remen: Level 70 Sorceror - Elite Warlord

Lhancelot
09.13.2019 , 11:03 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by RemenCreed View Post
Here's an idea, remove Volt Rush and re-design Force Barrier. Instead of a Sorc/Sage being imprisoned in an energy barrier with a horde of Melee waiting to choke, stun and root the Sorc/Sage the moment the barrier ends. How about you redesign the ability that would reduce the damage taken by 99% for 4 seconds. You gave Snipers Phase Walk. Give Sorc's Undying Rage.
I'd rather they made Force Storm have a snare again, and up it's damage by 400% that way sorcs could just spam Force Storm over and over melting large groups of players into a puddle of pixel goo.

Plus sorcs don't need more survivability they need damage.

#MakeForceStormGreatAgain
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

RemenCreed
09.13.2019 , 11:30 PM | #107
They need to at least give us back our heal for force barrier. Honestly, Sorc DPS isn't horrible. I do quite in that department. Would it be nice to have an increase in DPS? Sure, Is it needed. Honestly, no. Sorcs suffer in survivability in my opinion. Force Barrier is useless. It just drags out the inevitable.
Rėmen: Level 70 Sage - Elite Warlord
Remen: Level 70 Sorceror - Elite Warlord

ottffsse
09.15.2019 , 08:20 AM | #108
Sorcs need a passive/duration ability that acts as overload (knocknack) againsty enemies - whenever someone gets close, push them back 60m. Make it last as long as Smuggler's "Hunker Down". Call it "Can't be sneezed on".
Click my referral, get free stuff:
http://www.swtor.com/r/gFbhFZ