Is anyone else tired of Bioware pissing on Sentinels?

Araxus

So, now are we not only useless in Huttball, but we are also useless on Ilum (thanks!). So what is our role on Ilum when its zerg vs zerg? Aoe fodder?

We(Marauders included), are the only class without a pull or knockback, so while we have to be the victim of all sorts of uncontrolled character movement, we cannot do this to other people. Fun.

Our endgame pvp armor looks horrid, and even then, we share it with another class (guardians). Even Juggs and Maras have different armor.

Leveling up sucked, diddn't get our healing companion till the late 30s.

The only way we can truly fulfill our role of face metlers is if we have a pocket healer, and even then, any class can rack up high dps numbers if they have a premade.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What DO you have?

Instead of focusing on the DON'T, focus on the DO.

Force Exhaustion - slow with a DOT and an explode at the end of it.

Precision Slash - 100% armor penetration for 6 seconds.

Zealous Leap - gap closer.

Rebuke - damage mitigation.

Leg Slash - a second slow.

Crippling Throw - mortal strike (-20% healing for 15 seconds).

Transcendence - 10 second party +50% move speed (a second gap closer).

Pacify - -90% accuracy for 6 seconds to target.

Force Camoflauge - +30% movement speed for 4 seconds.

Guarded by the Force - -50% hp for 99% damage reduction for 5 seconds.

Awe - 6 second disorient.

Dispatch - a nice damage execute.

Force Kick - interrupt on a short CD.

Force Leap - short CD leap that also stuns and interrupts.

Force Stasis - channeled stun that does nice damage.

Force Sweep - we've all seen the video of this skill in action .......

Opportune Strike - does great damage to Slowed/Immobilized targets.

Saber Ward - 12 second damage mitigation.

Shii-Cho Form - +3% damage given -3% damage taken.

Now, you don't look so bad off. As a Gunslinger, I'm locked down due to Cover. Instead of crying about what I DON'T have, I instead learn what I DO have and how best to enter/exit Cover.

What DO you have?

Now, you don't look so bad off. As a Gunslinger, I'm locked down due to Cover. Instead of crying about what I DON'T have, I instead learn what I DO have and how best to enter/exit Cover.

Did you mean to post this in my thread? Did you even read it/understand it?

I read both and I agree with TrashMinky. Sentinel specced to Watchman is plain nasty with its Force Leap with no minimum, high DOT abilities and constant Interrupts that can be shortened in CD. Hit them with hard with DOT abilities and even if they knock you back you are still damaging them while you are getting back in range. Plus its hard for them to use any channeling abilities with constant Interrupts.

Did you mean to post this in my thread? Did you even read it/understand it?

Did you read and not comprehend that those are Jedi Sentinel skills at the top, and Jedi Knight skills at the bottom?

You have several gap closers, slows, stuns, and damage mitigation. I don't see what the problem is really.

Did i miss something? Since when are sentinels useless in huttball? Forceleap and transdecance or w/e its called = win.

This. We make super good ball carriers when needed with all our defensive cool downs. Guarded by force to get through fire and away is quite nice. And transendance is HUGE omg lol.

This. We make super good ball carriers when needed with all our defensive cool downs. Guarded by force to get through fire and away is quite nice. And transendance is HUGE omg lol.

This, and leap. lol I love huttball cuz of how useful I am..

What DO you have?

Good luck using that stuff - there are so many moves (most of them useless and require too much focus) I don't have enough room for them all. I have to chuck emor put them on my side quick bars which are not convenient. Where as the other classes can spam a few moves (no need to worry about focus) and tear players to pieces, and pve to boot.

Those I hardly EVER get a chance to use those slow/stunned attacaks and i think sentinels shouldn't even have them. Throw em away and give them something else.

So, now are we not only useless in Huttball, but we are also useless on Ilum (thanks!). So what is our role on Ilum when its zerg vs zerg? Aoe fodder?

We(Marauders included), are the only class without a pull or knockback, so while we have to be the victim of all sorts of uncontrolled character movement, we cannot do this to other people. Fun.

Our endgame pvp armor looks horrid, and even then, we share it with another class (guardians). Even Juggs and Maras have different armor.

The only way we can truly fulfill our role of face metlers is if we have a pocket healer, and even then, any class can rack up high dps numbers if they have a premade.

First, all melee classes are currently pointless in Ilum. Sure, we don't get a pull, but neither do guards. They just get the ability to leap-push-leap and hope for the best...

The end game armor is personal preference. I like it faaaaaaar more than the pvp armor for my sin. (angry chicken) Also, Juggs and Maras pvp armor looks far closer to each other than Guards and Sents.

I never had a single issue leveling up. If you feel you need a healing companion a damn good one comes with your ship at level 17-18. Use him, I did on my tank sin. On my sent I just geared up Kira and went to town without an issue.

Again, I dont agree that our only viable pvp role ("face melters") can only be accomplished via a pocket healer. I will admit that the vast majority of Sents/Maras are terrible at their class and I can devastate them with my tank sin without an issue, but I have also played with and been crushed by well played Sents/Maras. The class is not easy to play, tons of things to keep an eye on, tons of keybinds to memorize, and you will be punished for screwing up, but it all comes down to skill. There are plenty of low skill cap classes in this game, the Sent is not one of them.

Did I hit all your points? Are Sents perfect? No. We could use some work, but that has been the case with any non-stealth, med armor, melee dps in every game that has had one. (Zerk in DAOC comes to mind.) They are a very hard class to balance because it is very easy to make them OP, but back off just a little too much and they get rolled by everything. It is the nature of the class type. Hopefully there will be a few changes, but honestly not too much needs to happen. Definatly FAR from being "pissed on"...

I've leveled up to near 40 a sage and sentinel now and i agree with the post. Sentinels in general seem poor, but it's hard to tell until I get to 50..

but i know right now I'm pretty useless UNLESS i have a healer force armoring me and healing me. You can play all day long on the republic side with 3 or 4 sages and never get an armor, or a heal. :)

As my sage - speed, and force armor, plus all the knock backs and stuns I can do. I'm way way more useful. I can score regularly and rack up over 30 kills.

My sentinel (better gear, slightly higher rank and master of bio) and i'm still useless as a *** on a bull.

Now in the other matches i'm ok but still nothing compared to sage or any of the other classes for that matter.

Force sweep should have it's range extended for sentinel in my opinion or, better yet give them a different attack where they use the force to swing around their sabers like in jedi academy. That was cool :) Just throwing that out there. I think they will probably get tweaked in the end but it's still early.

I know right now i'm really struggling. The pve story was hard too until we got doc. My commando and sage had no issues. I have't even bothred gearing up at all with those and I can fly through my quests (even on par with the level). My sentinel has been 3 or 4 ranks above and still has issues ;)

I'm really not sure what has to be done for sentinel, but I know they need some stuff. Perhasp get rid of some skills, and add others. I'm unsure.

I'm not convinced the game's been out long enough to say we are being pissed on. It's childish and ignorant to say our bugs are being ignored. Children want things done instantly, adults want things done right.

No not ^This^ in company to customer relationship if said problem isn't taken care of in the appropriate manner then your fired and replaced by the better company.I don't know what world you live in if this doesn't happen,but i would like to live near you if its picture perfect like the way you described, but I'm sure its not.

A game that's been it beta for a long time ignored legitimate bug reports before launch and now there playing catch up unacceptable. I hardly call almost a year of beta bug feedback instant with that info they should of had at least that part done right out of the box.

atm i don't like the way things my sentinels are heading, My survivability is pretty ok (it might have something to do with gear expertise).

things i hate atm

clunky mechanic with a ton of small stuffs to worry about

doing the story is harder compared to other class (atlease on my guardian and trooper)

has this weird stuttering when performing abilities.

off hand weapons are like a placeholder for stats (does noting)

mid armor feels like ultra light armor (could be a problem with expertise)

pvp armor looks terrible (atlease to me) the bonus for the set looks bad (the 5% on dispatch looks something useful though). and i cant find another set, normally each class has 2 armor.

and yes i feel tired about this ****.

No not ^This^ in company to customer relationship if said problem isn't taken care of in the appropriate manner then your fired and replaced by the better company.I don't know what world you live in if this doesn't happen,but i would like to live near you if its picture perfect like the way you described, but I'm sure its not.

A game that's been it beta for a long time ignored legitimate bug reports before launch and now there playing catch up unacceptable. I hardly call almost a year of beta bug feedback instant with that info they should of had at least that part done right out of the box.

Even with beta bugs will still be around no matter what but going around demanding things instead of saying hey theres an issue really shows immaturity.

I find it funny that everyone who replied to this thread, replied to something that wasn't even in my post.

Might want to read yourself sometimes. They simply ignored the Ilum part because it's broken for all Republic, not just Sentinel.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

What DO you have?

Let me fix that post for you...

Force Exhaustion - Focus tree

Precision Slash - Combat tree

Zealous Leap - Focus tree

Leg Slash - a slow.

Transcendence - when it works

Guarded by the Force - when it works

Awe - 6 second disorient. with a 2 sec animation

Dispatch - a mediocre damage execute.

Force Leap - short CD leap that also stuns and interrupts. (if it lands near the target)

Force Stasis - channeled stun that does nice damage. ( if it works and target isn't running off laughing at you)

Force Sweep - only of any real use if focus, otherwise in pvp it's little more then interupt

Opportune Strike - does some damage to Slowed/Immobilized targets.

Saber Ward - 12 second damage mitigation. (**** long CD )

Shii-Cho Form - +3% damage given -3% damage taken. (only useful for some classes)

Edited by Gobrot

We are far from useless in Huttball. I am a frequent ball carrier and scorer.

With our defensive buffs, speed boosts and leap. A well played Sentinel/Marauder gives your opponents a lot of ***?!?! moments. I have snatched victory from my opponents, when they thought that they had me beat.

Hey Araxus, you were in one of the videos Dox posted from Ilum from Thursday, and you looked pretty darn useful jumping on people, drawing fire, going invulnerable and lol'ing as they stood in our AoE's trying feebly to kill you.

My basic Ilum rotation is Jump -> smack, smack, smack -> get focused -> pop GbtF as I get low -> stealth and transcend out back to my group to get healed... rinse and repeat.

It works wonders as a disruption to the enemy formation and you can frustrate the healers while you're there, drop an awe if you can jump to their rear lines, generally you will cause a little bit of panic if someone else jumps in with you or unstealths as you jump in. It's good fun.

Hey Araxus, you were in one of the videos Dox posted from Ilum from Thursday, and you looked pretty darn useful jumping on people, drawing fire, going invulnerable and lol'ing as they stood in our AoE's trying feebly to kill you.

My basic Ilum rotation is Jump -> smack, smack, smack -> get focused -> pop GbtF as I get low -> stealth and transcend out back to my group to get healed... rinse and repeat.

It works wonders as a disruption to the enemy formation and you can frustrate the healers while you're there, drop an awe if you can jump to their rear lines, generally you will cause a little bit of panic if someone else jumps in with you or unstealths as you jump in. It's good fun.

Thats basically all I do, every minute or 2 when my cooldowns are up, while I'm watching everyone else there aoe their butts off.

Have a link to said video?