If you think Marauder is weak...

Thundergulch

Quinn is not necessary at all, and in fact I almost never use him. I've been steamrolling everything with Jaesa since about level 45, no problem. In fact, I find I have more survivability with her over Quinn. I have plenty of tools to keep myself alive, and having a ton more DPS is better in my eyes.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quinn is not necessary at all, and in fact I almost never use him. I've been steamrolling everything with Jaesa since about level 45, no problem. In fact, I find I have more survivability with her over Quinn. I have plenty of tools to keep myself alive, and having a ton more DPS is better in my eyes.

This.

This.

Quinn is nice, but if your anni spec, then with jaesa you should do enough damage to not need Quinn at all. I specify Anni because the heals from bleeds give some survivability when facing Darth Draaghagabablblee or whatever his name is.

Healer companions are good, but fights last longer when you use them, meaning you'll need their heals to stay alive since the enemy is living longer and pumping out more damage.

Quinn is nice, but if your anni spec, then with jaesa you should do enough damage to not need Quinn at all. I specify Anni because the heals from bleeds give some survivability when facing Darth Draaghagabablblee or whatever his name is.

Healer companions are good, but fights last longer when you use them, meaning you'll need their heals to stay alive since the enemy is living longer and pumping out more damage.

I was carnage throughout leveling, and I facerolled both Lord Draahg, and Baras while using Jaesa as a companion.

It depends on the situation, fighting a single elite or champ mob, i can do easily with double DPS as carnage as well. The problem is when it comes to multiple mobs, and outside of cooldowns. But in terms of leveling this isn't a huge problem.

I think about the only problems marauders have are that the offhand does not scale with stats, and that Ataru strike for instance, does not scale either. Fix these, and we would be a bit better.