Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Guildmaster Community-July 2020 Requests & Updates

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Guildmaster Community-July 2020 Requests & Updates

BRKMSN's Avatar


BRKMSN
08.17.2020 , 05:13 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRogue View Post
My stance on it is this:
IMO I say keep the conquest plans on the PvP instances only. Or allow them on PvE too, but flag people for PvP there. But I am a PvPer. I like that. There is those who do not like PvP. *shrugs*
There are a lot of subtle efforts to boost open-world PvP by content design. I enjoy that as well. I'm not sure what it is exactly that turns people off to it. There are no repair bills associated with PvP. You no longer require special stats to have an advantage. I mean ... the worst thing that can happen is hurt pride. You may have to admit that somebody else is better than you. IMO, it's a more realistic scenario during a war or conflict. It's also the only thing that may genuinely be "exciting." It may not be "fair," but again that's more realistic. I like knowing there's another threat out there besides the NPCs. I like that the threat may actually move around and be less predictable than NPCs. I like thinking that I may have a nemesis out there that has my number and motivates me to improve.
We have a zero tolerance policy for intolerance of any kind.

DarkTergon's Avatar


DarkTergon
08.17.2020 , 11:13 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRogue View Post
OK first & foremost my opinion is that of my own. It does not reflect all those of the Guildmaster's Hotspot Discord.
So why get all bent out of shape because people disagreed with one part of what was offered?

Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRogue View Post

Anyway, I'm moving on from here. Peace out. I've said my piece. This is not my circus, not my monkeys.
The why so defensive, and attack people who weren't even replying to you?


Quote: Originally Posted by BRKMSN View Post
There are a lot of subtle efforts to boost open-world PvP by content design. I enjoy that as well. I'm not sure what it is exactly that turns people off to it. There are no repair bills associated with PvP. You no longer require special stats to have an advantage. I mean ... the worst thing that can happen is hurt pride. You may have to admit that somebody else is better than you. IMO, it's a more realistic scenario during a war or conflict. It's also the only thing that may genuinely be "exciting." It may not be "fair," but again that's more realistic. I like knowing there's another threat out there besides the NPCs. I like that the threat may actually move around and be less predictable than NPCs. I like thinking that I may have a nemesis out there that has my number and motivates me to improve.
OWPvP won't work with this engine, that's it's biggest issue, and it being forced on people who don't want it, is a wrong direction for this game to go. Some people may find it exciting, then again some people pour wax over their *ahem* , doesn't mean it's everyone's bag.
We have PvP instances, so you can play there, and enjoy it, but the fact they are so empty should tell you all you need to know.
You know you can't fix an idiot, turns out you can't quarantine them either!!!
Feel free to click the link and get all the usual goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

BRKMSN's Avatar


BRKMSN
08.18.2020 , 05:37 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
OWPvP won't work with this engine, that's it's biggest issue, and it being forced on people who don't want it, is a wrong direction for this game to go. Some people may find it exciting, then again some people pour wax over their *ahem* , doesn't mean it's everyone's bag.
We have PvP instances, so you can play there, and enjoy it, but the fact they are so empty should tell you all you need to know.
I'm well aware of this game's engine limitations. Despite them, I personally still enjoyed the old Ilum objective based OWPvP. I'm sure others did too, since there used to be full ops groups battling it out during peak times each day on otherwise smallish servers back at that time.

We can all choose instances to play on now (servers before) so PvP isn't forced on anyone. People accept the risk or they don't. Trying to promote the PvP aspect of the game is not a "wrong direction" since it does appeal to a portion of the player base.

I believe that the default setting on new characters is a PvE instance. Don't underestimate the effect that has on general instance population.
We have a zero tolerance policy for intolerance of any kind.

DarkTergon's Avatar


DarkTergon
08.18.2020 , 06:44 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by BRKMSN View Post
I'm well aware of this game's engine limitations. Despite them, I personally still enjoyed the old Ilum objective based OWPvP. I'm sure others did too, since there used to be full ops groups battling it out during peak times each day on otherwise smallish servers back at that time.
I'm not a Pvp player, but I have done PvP, I just consider it a small part of the game (personally, for me, not everyone ) , and something I did as part of levelling up. And I actually enjoyed OWPvP, when the servers didn't lag because there were too many. Even during the great old days, the lag for OWPvP was bad. I've agreed with many posts where people have asked for the engine to be looked at, and this to be fixed, but until then, we won't see it

Quote: Originally Posted by BRKMSN View Post
We can all choose instances to play on now (servers before) so PvP isn't forced on anyone. People accept the risk or they don't. Trying to promote the PvP aspect of the game is not a "wrong direction" since it does appeal to a portion of the player base.
The forced aspect was more a comment on the post you had quoted, he was saying people who attacked the commanders would become flagged for PvP, (or something along those lines) which is the wrong direction, which would be forced PvP , my apologies for not being clearer, it was a very early morning, and I wasn't rational...lol.
Again, I've nothing against promoting PvP, it can be a fun aspect, and with 'some' of the changes they are making (and planning), it might tempt me to return to it.
You know you can't fix an idiot, turns out you can't quarantine them either!!!
Feel free to click the link and get all the usual goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

BRKMSN's Avatar


BRKMSN
08.18.2020 , 05:29 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
I'm not a Pvp player, but I have done PvP, I just consider it a small part of the game (personally, for me, not everyone ) , and something I did as part of levelling up. And I actually enjoyed OWPvP, when the servers didn't lag because there were too many. Even during the great old days, the lag for OWPvP was bad. I've agreed with many posts where people have asked for the engine to be looked at, and this to be fixed, but until then, we won't see it



The forced aspect was more a comment on the post you had quoted, he was saying people who attacked the commanders would become flagged for PvP, (or something along those lines) which is the wrong direction, which would be forced PvP , my apologies for not being clearer, it was a very early morning, and I wasn't rational...lol.
Again, I've nothing against promoting PvP, it can be a fun aspect, and with 'some' of the changes they are making (and planning), it might tempt me to return to it.
I've enjoyed a lot of things in this game over the years. A majority of my time has been spent doing solo stuff, I would imagine. Still, I would say that the most enjoyable and memorable moments on this game involved OWPvP. I remember doing the original (non-recurring) Rakghoul event and trying hard to get the legacy armor sets at that time. I was never able to get all the stuff before the event ended because of the OWPvP in the event area. I still had a blast and enjoyed that event for all the memories more than I would have if it was just an item grind (solo). I also remember how the final mission in the Tatooine story line (before they turned it into a phased area) was almost always guaranteed to be your character's first OWPvP experience. We used to do guard duty for friends' characters ... good times. Of course that all happened on PvP servers.
We have a zero tolerance policy for intolerance of any kind.

DuchessKristania's Avatar


DuchessKristania
08.18.2020 , 06:45 PM | #66
I have no issue with OWPvP as long as it remains on the PvP servers. I've done a little PvP, but I have a visual disability and that does impact my reaction time, putting me at a disadvantage in PvP situations. I'm by no means the only disabled player in this game.

The encryptions should remain attainable as they are now. PvP can be encouraged without touching that. OWPvP can happen on the PvP servers, PvE servers should remain free of OWPvP. Everything in its place so people can play according to what they enjoy and what they're capable of doing.
#SaveSWTOR

♥Death Should Never Silence Love♥