is makeb still a secret?

magicallypuzzled

thank you now i have two new questions was that right after the dread masters or before even that? from the cutscene label it seems like it was just after makeb proper which makes me assume the empire is still in control of makeb lore wise as my ending credits tell me. anything saying otherwise?

and it seems like while the republic knows its not blowing they have no idea that the empire is extracting isotope 5 from the planet do they ever find out what the empire is doing there?

Edited by magicallypuzzled

As far as I understand it, the Republic bonus series takes place a short while after the main questline there, and after the Empire has gotten what they wanted and withdrawn. The quests that deal specifically with the Empire don't involve fighting them, but snooping around places where they were and trying to figure out what they were up to.

As far as whether they figure out what the Empire was doing, yes. Heck, you literally run into uniformed Imperials during the main questline who tell you what they're after.

thank you now i have two new questions was that right after the dread masters or before even that? from the cutscene label it seems like it was just after makeb proper which makes me assume the empire is still in control of makeb lore wise as my ending credits tell me. anything saying otherwise?

and it seems like while the republic knows its not blowing they have no idea that the empire is extracting isotope 5 from the planet do they ever find out what the empire is doing there?

Most of your answers will get an answer once 3.0 hits I believe.

Regardless, the Dread Masters insurrection take place BEFORE Makeb, seeing that the death of Karagga at the end of Karagga's Palace is what allows Toborro to become the Cartel's new Supreme Mogul.

Still, Malcolm says that Makeb will become uninhabitable following the next few weeks or months, so I assume they'll most likely try to save as many refugees as they can and leave whatever mercenaries are left in the planet to fend for themselves.

Plus...

The new mails we receive following the new 2.7 flashpoints confirm that the Empire used Isotope-5 based weaponry to bomb Tython, so the harvesting of the substance was successful to a certain extent.

Edited by Darth_Wicked