1.2 release date?

Hunterofjedi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rather them push it back honestly. This patch is massive, and with some considering that the game hinges on this patches success any major flaws could be detrimental to the future of TOR.

Testing is already hard as you cannot transfer finished characters into the PTS, and a lot of the changes are end game oriented.

I rather them push it back honestly. This patch is massive, and with some considering that the game hinges on this patches success any major flaws could be detrimental to the future of TOR.

Testing is already hard as you cannot transfer finished characters into the PTS, and a lot of the changes are end game oriented.

From what they indicated it will be early April, that is subject to change.

An earlier patch that nerfed surge was also supposed to be game ending and the game survived that just fine.

Except people pay for this game and would like to know when so they can factor in whether or not they want to be spending money on this game in the meantime.

So you pay for your car too, go tell the car company the date they are to release a new model

Give it a rest, pushing against an arbitrary date is what causes problems with games/patches and updates

Release it when it is ready, not before

From what they indicated it will be early April, that is subject to change.

An earlier patch that nerfed surge was also supposed to be game ending and the game survived that just fine.

That was one change that helped balance out the burst potential in PVP. This patch has everything in it. Class re-balance, new PVP, and PVE content, plus the legacy system. I never heard of the soft cap on surge being game ending.

This is just how I see it.

Hopefully they take the time to do a good job testing it and fixing the bugs and, unlike previous patches, actually listen when the community tells them stuff is busted.

I'd rather wait for it and have it right than get it sooner but messy.

So you pay for your car too, go tell the car company the date they are to release a new model

Give it a rest, pushing against an arbitrary date is what causes problems with games/patches and updates

Release it when it is ready, not before

The more accurate analogy would be that Bioware are Car mechanics, the paying customer wishes to know when Bioware Cars can add say under glow or pearlescent paint. If that time frame does not suit the customer they may instead pay for membership of Blizzard Auto or Arenanet Mechanics, instead of paying membership to Bioware Car’s services.

Hopefully they take the time to do a good job testing it and fixing the bugs and, unlike previous patches, actually listen when the community tells them stuff is busted.

I'd rather wait for it and have it right than get it sooner but messy.

This patch will be tested better on the PTS than any that have come so far. Saturday night I started a new character to check out changes, there were 147 people on Korriban in instance #1, and there were 2 instances.

Oh I agree. If the release slips to the end of April because they are fixing bugs in it then that is fine, although disappointing. I still would rather have it as stable as possible before going live even at the expense of pushing back the date.

I don't think I'd be subbed then though. I splurged on a three month sub because we were told 1.2 in March, now it's to be 'Early April'. I'm not waiting till Early May (with possibility of slippage) to play a game with a 2004 UI, not if I'm paying for it.

I don't think I'd be subbed then though. I splurged on a three month sub because we were told 1.2 in March, now it's to be 'Early April'. I'm not waiting till Early May (with possibility of slippage) to play a game with a 2004 UI, not if I'm paying for it.

You're not supposed to think rationally. I mean you pay for a car right? So clearly you're supposed to drive your copy of SWTOR to work to save on gas.

Isn't that right, Dayln?

Oh I agree. If the release slips to the end of April because they are fixing bugs in it then that is fine, although disappointing. I still would rather have it as stable as possible before going live even at the expense of pushing back the date.

Agreed

You're not supposed to think rationally. I mean you pay for a car right? So clearly you're supposed to drive your copy of SWTOR to work to save on gas.

Isn't that right, Dayln?

Which is why I'd like to know a rough week 1-4 of April when to expect 1.2, I know when my sub ends, and if its before 1.2 I simply won't bother coming back, that sub money will get spent on something else, maybe a new game.

They don't have a history of releasing things when it's ready.

Actually EA has a history of not releasing things when they are ready.

Things are coming out in 1.2 about 4-5 months from launch that not only should have been in at launch but were in the beta and then removed when the game was launched. EA has waited about 4-5 months to give us sauce with the spaghetti we ordered in December.

They don't have a history of releasing things when it's ready.

No they don’t... they need to work on that and stop listening to impatient players demanding things earlier instead of when they are ready

I'm having trouble understanding how the deadline for 1.2 could have affected your decision to buy a 3 month subscription.

I wasn't aware that any announcment about 1.2 had been made (including its potential content) before the Guild Summit which was early March.