Can Havoc Squad be saved?

Dhous

Hey all! I'm currently a lvl. 16 Trooper and am about to go against Wraith. Is it possible to bring her in alive. If so, can you do the same with the rest of the disaffected Havoc Squad members?

I'm mostly asking this because, I'm a really big Metal Gear fan and to me, Havoc Squad really looks like the Star Wars version of Foxhound. It'd be a shame to have to eliminate them.

Hey all! I'm currently a lvl. 16 Trooper and am about to go against Wraith. Is it possible to bring her in alive. If so, can you do the same with the rest of the disaffected Havoc Squad members?

I'm mostly asking this because, I'm a really big Metal Gear fan and to me, Havoc Squad really looks like the Star Wars version of Foxhound. It'd be a shame to have to eliminate them.

I'll try not to give anything away, but.... there are several anwers to your question. Just go through the Wraith mission and things will become somewhat clearer...

Some of them I think.

For wrath I don't know. I had to kill her on the justice. Maybe if you follow her rather then disarm the bomb.

Needles again maybe there some speech option, but I don't think so.

Fuse you can bring in alive.

Gearbox same as needles.

Tarvis I know can be saved though I went the wrong way with speech options and had no choice, but to kill him.

Karden, Fuse, and Tavus can be spared. Wraith (whether you fight her at lvl 16 or 32), Needles, and Gearbox you have no choice but to kill. You can try all the "Please surrender!" dialogue you want but you will kill them.

Funny how we have so much "please surrender" lines, when I hit 50 only two people actually surrendered one fight can be avoided and he would just walk away (Karden) and the other one of whom you actually have to beat first (Tavus)

They all need to die. Republic > Traitors

Really? Even when

said Republic leaves you to die during a mission because things went wrong and they want to bury it under the carpet? I don't agree with what Havoc Squad has done but I can sure understand them. Why serve a Republic that's already abandoned you once.

Edited by Lhorian

Really? Even when

said Republic leaves you to die during a mission because things went wrong and they want to bury it under the carpet? I don't agree with what Havoc Squad has done but I can sure understand them. Why serve a Republic that's already abandoned you once.

Because its the people that matter, not the brass that screwed you.

Really? Even when

By that logic General Hummel in the rock was right, and cage should have let him gas san francisco?

I saved Karden and Fuse, and tried to save Tarvus- only to have him snap after being beaten, re-aggro and Aric just blows his head off.

And then the game bugged and I got stuck in the "..." speech bubble and had to logout, log back in, run a few steps, get frozen again, logout, log in, run a few more steps...until I got near enough to the door to trigger Garza's cutscene instead.

Felt bad, man.

On the subject of havoc being abandoned....

If you press the senator you save after coruscant, he reveals that Havoc's mission that they were "abandoned" on was an unauthorized mission that put lives of civilians and the reputation of the republic at risk. I dont know if he was lying to save his *** or not, but that's not the same as just leaving them there to die.

On the subject of havoc being abandoned....

If you press the senator you save after coruscant, he reveals that Havoc's mission that they were "abandoned" on was an unauthorized mission that put lives of civilians and the reputation of the republic at risk. I dont know if he was lying to save his *** or not, but that's not the same as just leaving them there to die.

They really should let you find out about that WITHOUT having to press the Senator about it. Like, after Chapter 1 you get a codex entry representing a file that Elara dug up or something about Havoc Squad's past... that seriously changes things if it's true.

They really should let you find out about that WITHOUT having to press the Senator about it. Like, after Chapter 1 you get a codex entry representing a file that Elara dug up or something about Havoc Squad's past... that seriously changes things if it's true.

If it's true... given General Garza's tendency to run black ops and cut people out of the loop it's entirely possible that she ordered them on a mission that wasn't authorized by the Senate. Sorta splits the difference and still leaves Havoc Squad screwed.

If it's true... given General Garza's tendency to run black ops and cut people out of the loop it's entirely possible that she ordered them on a mission that wasn't authorized by the Senate. Sorta splits the difference and still leaves Havoc Squad screwed.

and makes Light Side troopers want to put Garza in an airlock even more? Heh, my Trooper wanted to do that after Coruscant... but he knows her knight templar attitudes have their uses...

*cough*

Going behind Senior Agent Zane

*COUGH*

• 3 years later...
The whole abandonment thing is a load of bantha poodoo. They're special forces, the possibility of capture or existence denial is always a possibility, they do the work regular soldiers can't and often times missions the republic cannot be linked to. They know this, as does any special forces group that conducts black ops assignments. If they want to get butt hurt over the republic officials doing exactly as they're supposed to in such a situation, they never should have accepted the mission or even joined special forces in the first place. Edited by ChrisChaderjian

and makes Light Side troopers want to put Garza in an airlock even more? Heh, my Trooper wanted to do that after Coruscant... but he knows her knight templar attitudes have their uses...

My LS trooper (cyborg species - this is important) had one of those moments *during* Coruscant, much less after:

In the very first Coruscant mission, where you must track down the cargo of battle droids and off Krel, she also gives you the job of offing a group of don't-know-they-are cyborgs just because they are cyborgs and therefore dangerous. That didn't sit well with my cyborg trooper.

And don't forget the class mission on Rishi:

Where to replace Havoc, she has been messing around with cyborging people, and it went wrong, so she asks you to take down the results. As a result, she is now forever the War Criminal in Chief in my book. And the most I was allowed to do was promise to testify against her. I mean, come on, we're in a small room on a pirate-hideaway planet. Who would ever find out if I hauled the HBG off my back and gave her a fatal spanking with it? And that's my Light V trooper who never once earned a Dark point saying that...

The whole abandonment thing is a load of bantha poodoo. They're special forces, the possibility of capture or existence denial is always a possibility, they do the work regular soldiers can't and often times missions the republic cannot be linked to. They know this, as does any special forces group that conducts black ops assignments. If they want to get butt hurt over the republic officials doing exactly as they're supposed to in such a situation, they never should have accepted the mission or even joined special forces in the first place.

Jesus holy necro, but yeah orders change and as a black ops group they should know to accept that sometimes they will be "trapped" behind enemy lines as a consequence of "outside forces" but they should be more than good enough to get themselves back to republic space.

Its a bit of a weak reason to turn to treason, I could understand it if the senate ordered them to surrender to protect the treaty or Courscant (ultimately negotiating them back), which in fact would have been a much better reason to become a traitor.