Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Elara Companion Quest Chain Bugged?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Elara Companion Quest Chain Bugged?

ceryxp
08.08.2020 , 08:04 AM | #21
Finished Belsavis. Had two conversations with Elara. First was about a research article Elara is writing (mission Submitted for Approval). Second conversation, mission The Final Test, was about Kalor attempting to use a loophole to reopen an inquiry. Elara headed off to Coruscant to demonstrate Kalor's incompetence and was declared a full citizen of the Galactic Republic. It would seem that the mission Preventative Measures is getting skipped.

Interestingly, when I look up the mission on SWTOR Spy there are two. One entry is for the cutscene mission, Preventative Measures, and the other is for a version where we would go to Taris with Elara, NF Preventative Measures. There are also two versions of the mission where Elara gets a holo-call from their brother, Aleksei. The first is the cutscene version that we see in the game, Strange Circumstances, and the second is a version where we would go to Nar Shaddaa to rescue Aleksei, strange circumstances. I did not make my first Trooper until after 5.0 launched, so I do not know if those alternate versions of the missions were ever in the game, but from what I see on SWTOR Spy they were unfinished. Regarding Preventative Measures. I wonder if the issue is with the current leveling experience. I wonder if the script expects a particular level or level range and, because we level so quickly now, we are over level and the script skips that mission.

In any case, Elara's involvement with Kalor seems to be concluded and at no time did anything come up about Ridu except for that one mention in passing in my previous post. Would have been cool if we did get those versions where we would accompany Elara to Nar Shaddaa and Taris. More missions with our companions would have been very cool.
============================================================
Friends of SWTOR Referral program - My Referral Link
New players can get a Jumpstart Bundle. Returning players can get a Preferred Friends Bundle & 7-days of premium time. Bundles are given on first use only.

Ardrossan
08.08.2020 , 06:13 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by SwtorThrill View Post
I Like the trooper, used to be when you recruit Elara, Jorgan will welcome her and tell her how great it is to be recruited into Havoc. Now he just complains. I tried to increase Jorgan's influence, but he still says the same thing. Also on Voss for the trooper, there used to be a optional quest where the Voss Senator directs you to his secretary but they removed it completely.
Yup, I remember both of those! Interesting you mention selective memory, I thought Jorgan always welcomed her but now I'm not sure if he did with the last trooper I made.
Quote: Originally Posted by Severith View Post
You were loyal to EA/Bioware at a time when there was no reason to be loyal to them, and now that loyalty is being tested. If there is any justice in the world, you clearly deserve a special reward. Hopefully it happens, delivered on your porch in a brown paper bag, aflame with the light of justice.

Ardrossan
08.08.2020 , 06:19 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
Regarding Preventative Measures. I wonder if the issue is with the current leveling experience. I wonder if the script expects a particular level or level range and, because we level so quickly now, we are over level and the script skips that mission.
I've never seen the swtorspy missions you mention and have been playing troopers since 2.0. As for this theory...I doubt it. I use the White Acute Module to slow down my leveling to pre-level sync speed, so I am usually at the right planetary level or range for these convos, and still don't see them.
Quote: Originally Posted by Severith View Post
You were loyal to EA/Bioware at a time when there was no reason to be loyal to them, and now that loyalty is being tested. If there is any justice in the world, you clearly deserve a special reward. Hopefully it happens, delivered on your porch in a brown paper bag, aflame with the light of justice.

SwtorThrill
08.10.2020 , 08:15 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
Finished Belsavis. Had two conversations with Elara. First was about a research article Elara is writing (mission Submitted for Approval). Second conversation, mission The Final Test, was about Kalor attempting to use a loophole to reopen an inquiry. Elara headed off to Coruscant to demonstrate Kalor's incompetence and was declared a full citizen of the Galactic Republic. It would seem that the mission Preventative Measures is getting skipped.

Interestingly, when I look up the mission on SWTOR Spy there are two. One entry is for the cutscene mission, Preventative Measures, and the other is for a version where we would go to Taris with Elara, NF Preventative Measures. There are also two versions of the mission where Elara gets a holo-call from their brother, Aleksei. The first is the cutscene version that we see in the game, Strange Circumstances, and the second is a version where we would go to Nar Shaddaa to rescue Aleksei, strange circumstances. I did not make my first Trooper until after 5.0 launched, so I do not know if those alternate versions of the missions were ever in the game, but from what I see on SWTOR Spy they were unfinished. Regarding Preventative Measures. I wonder if the issue is with the current leveling experience. I wonder if the script expects a particular level or level range and, because we level so quickly now, we are over level and the script skips that mission.

In any case, Elara's involvement with Kalor seems to be concluded and at no time did anything come up about Ridu except for that one mention in passing in my previous post. Would have been cool if we did get those versions where we would accompany Elara to Nar Shaddaa and Taris. More missions with our companions would have been very cool.
I really want to thank you for going above and beyond to help me figure this out, thank you! I guess with my past experience and your most recent one, on top of a few others stating they never remembered that scene, it's officially a bug or has been removed since 4.0. I'm still going to make a bug report, I doubt they intended to remove this scene and keep the second part.

ceryxp
08.12.2020 , 07:15 PM | #25
I really want to thank you for going above and beyond to help me figure this out, thank you! I guess with my past experience and your most recent one, on top of a few others stating they never remembered that scene, it's officially a bug or has been removed since 4.0. I'm still going to make a bug report, I doubt they intended to remove this scene and keep the second part.
No worries. Happy to help. Needed to play the character through at least the end of Chapter 2 for the class buff anyhow. This just gave me an excuse to do it. Trooper is not one of my more liked stories.

As far as BW removing it but leaving the follow up scene, I think they would. That cutscene is basically the end of Elara's story. It certainly marks the end of the story with regard to Kalor, so they would have to leave it in, but if they were trimming the fat (or what they think is fat irrespective of how we feel about it) they might cut it since we never meet Ridu and if there is no mention of Kalor reopening the investigation, or Ridu's testimony, then there is no need to have a cutscene about it. The conversation in Suspicious Silence, where Ridu is mentioned, likely had to be left in since it served as a follow up to the conversation with Kalor after the incident involving Aleksei. Without that scene, even though it mentions Ridu, we would go right from Elara extracting Aleksei from Nar Shaddaa, to Kalor accusing Elara of not being forthwith with all information, to Elara's concern over Kalor's accusation, to going right to Elara heading off to Coruscant to discredit Kalor. While that would work it would leave a bit of a gap because the conversation in Suspicious Silence has Elara expressing concern that Kalor is up to something and serves as a bridge between Elara voicing concern over Kalor's accusation to Elara going to Coruscant. Anything else would have involved rewriting the dialogue and rerecording lines (or trying to do a splice job).

I do agree that that scene should be included, and if you make a bug report I will add my support.
============================================================
Friends of SWTOR Referral program - My Referral Link
New players can get a Jumpstart Bundle. Returning players can get a Preferred Friends Bundle & 7-days of premium time. Bundles are given on first use only.

LtGeneralGezlin
08.14.2020 , 01:25 PM | #26
Agreed. I'm willing to believe it's a bug as a result of the 4.0 "streamlining" changes, and not something that was removed on purpose. If I remember right, Torian's (Or some other companion's) conversations got jumbled up post 4.0 (Among other weird companions+cutscene bugs ), so I am willing to believe something similar happened here.