Increase the # of player who can que for GSF together.

RiVaN_

No one wants a huge premade group going in to GSF and 4 people is usually pretty good, but In ground pvp you can have half a team be a premade.

Can we get that in GSF too? In my guild we have 6 people in an Ops group with the 2 groups Que'ing at the same time most nights. We usually end up in different matches or against each other and are rarely are all together in the same match. It is a lot of fun to end up against each other, but it is even more fun to end up on the same team.

Just a thought.

I am all for playing with friends, but I am going to say this is a bad idea. Four good pilots working together can already heavily weigh the game in their teams favor and can make some games very lopsided and boring. Six could potentially be beyond devastating.

If it were possible to have cross server queues I would be completely for this, but having that large of a premade running on servers were participation is relatively low could be catastrophic to the new players who already think that they should perform well the first few times they play.

To be honest, I am of the opinion that if you have 6-8 people who are truly enthusiastic about GSF it can be far more fun to queue two groups at the same time and potentially face each other in a wargame.

I see your point completely and for the servers where GSF participation is low the concern is completely understandable. Jedi Covenant doesn't have that issue with GSF and we typically have lots of people running at all hours of the day.

My request didn't take into consideration the servers were not many people are playing GSF, but I would still really like to be able to get all 6 of my guild mates into battles together more often. Cross server would help this and I know people have been asking for this for a very long time now, but honestly cross server scares me. Not for a lack of skill or ability, but because dealing with the few people who act like jerks on my is bad enough, but dealing with EVERY server's jerks would drive me insane.

The option to que with all my friends would still be nice.

I see your point completely and for the servers where GSF participation is low the concern is completely understandable. Jedi Covenant doesn't have that issue with GSF and we typically have lots of people running at all hours of the day.

My request didn't take into consideration the servers were not many people are playing GSF, but I would still really like to be able to get all 6 of my guild mates into battles together more often. Cross server would help this and I know people have been asking for this for a very long time now, but honestly cross server scares me. Not for a lack of skill or ability, but because dealing with the few people who act like jerks on my is bad enough, but dealing with EVERY server's jerks would drive me insane.

If there's a separate queue for groups ONLY, sure. But I wouldn't favor this with the current hybrid queue system for the reasons already previously mentioned - a large enough group is far too dominant when pickups get thrown into the mix.

I'm just gonna stop you right there and call BS. JC is OVERRUN by pub premades, to the point where its physically excruciating to play imp most days during prime time. If you're a pug grouped with newbies and other pugs vs a voice coordinated 4 man premade fielding a bomber, gunship, and pair of flashfires the game is basically over from the moment it starts. Also, and I will admit to doing this myself one night after getting farmed for way too long, it is not at all hard to super que. I grouped up with some other imp pugs and we queued 7 people as a single premade with almost 100% success. We did this because the pubs were doing the exact same thing and we got 3 good fights out of it before the pubs ragequit in the middle of the third game (after having won 1 of the other three, kinda tells you about who does this). I felt really bad for the pugs we got the next game though, they didn't stand any semblance of a chance. It was new guys flying stock strikes and scouts and our group destroyed them 50-2 in under 10 minutes. I'm relatively certain that some of them will likely not ever want to que GSF again, especially if that was their first game. I quit the premade after this to get some more competitive games. I hope you see my point here, playing with friends stacks the odds in your favor, its fun if the other team also has a coordinated squadron, its boring as hell and bad for the game if the other team doesn't.

TLDR: JC has too many premades, super que is the answer to your problem, please don't super que because it drives away pugs (and trust me you'll miss us when were gone).

If it's a GSF or PVP guild putting up the pre-made, it could easily be a pre-made of 8. Just que 2 groups together at the same time, if they don't both get pops, leave que before entering.

Now, that's a huge hassle and sometimes matches are cancelled for the other side because it didn't randomly choose to put the same to pre-mades next to each other, but that's what you have to do if you want to play using more than one pre-made of 4.

Black Squadron is a gsf focused guild and we run 4-8 man teams a lot because that's what our memebers enjoy is gsf when we run across the situation where we are 4-8 deep in newbs we run our baby ships usually hve something with out a bunch of upgrades or if it is one of those night we graby a baby alt but we do see a lot more group queing aginst newbs its not any fun but those matches were we end up fighting each other it is a blast and a chance to work on skills and strats i'd personally love to see a ranked que system sim to the ranked ground pvp put in and I beleave it would help some what but it wold only work if it was a game wide gsf server que because we don't seem to have enough queing or if we do and its a pop rotation problem maybe they could fix that to more randomize the pops so you not aginst the same people every single time that happens a lot and a lot of people think they are all together in 1 giant premade