Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Juggernaut Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Juggernaut Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Isagoras
07.17.2019 , 07:28 AM | #41
About rage discipline
Previously there has been a change in name for the mara version of it, Fury. The purpose was to make each discipline different.
And until now there were different. But for 6.0 there will be identical in term of tactical items.
In theses conditions why play Rage jugg when Fury mara has gravity vortex (immunity to interrupts and all controlling effects for 6 sec), force camouflage... in pvp, in ops Bloodthirst, Predation for the group, and in all I've seen on starparse better result ?
That's why most of dps jugg plays vengeance theses days in pvp and ops.
Specific tactical items for Rage jugg could be a way to put back on track this discipline.

Today the rage discipline is far to be enraged. It's in cage. Free it please ! Like you have free the fury discipline.

Delani
07.18.2019 , 01:52 PM | #42
I saw the datamined info and the only way to allow DPS juggernauts a shot in hell with the new changes is to allow 2 charges on madash. They need it it as a gap closer

MandFlurry
07.19.2019 , 01:04 PM | #43
I hope there is gonna be some Tactical that Immortals and their Mirror's can use to do some damage as most of us Tanks are sick and tired not doing any. real damage.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/r/hzQMWp

Darthanimus
08.04.2019 , 07:49 PM | #44
I played vengeance, here are my thoughts.

Tactical items:
Cut to pieces: very good tactical, extra AoEs improve dps by a large margin.
Vicious cycle: good, get to use retaliation more, with war bringer and destroyer its a useful tactical
Hemophiliac slash: good for sustained dps, I noticed a good dps improvement using this.
Shielding shadow: needs to be more than 3%, felt that it didn't make a big difference.
Embrace the pain: feel that this is a good tactical for dps, but this will almost certainly be far too overpowered for skanks and tanks.
Higher focus: Does not build enough rabid furor, I would not use this, as I think it would not make a difference to dps.
Rancor's tail: I would never use this, 3 min CD just to use an extra force push is not ever worth it.

Set bonuses:
Descent of the fearless: Does not build enough rabid furor, I would not use this, as I think it would not make a difference to dps.
Flawless riposte: disliked this armor set as the damage bonus is far too small and infrequent, I tested this and it did not give 10% per stack, more like 5%. Even with 10% its not worth taking for this situational set bonus.
Nimble master: ok set bonus, but does not work with force push so this decreases its worth. I wouldn't use this at end game.
Undying: not very useful, with through victory its slightly better, but dont think it would be on many peoples "to have" list.
Lord of pain: good set, should be useful.
Perfect form: not that useful, does not give much dps improvement.
Force bound: best set there is, very useful in PvP, I will be looking to obtain this set for end game.

I feel that some of the sets and tactical items are really not that useful, the worst sets and tactical items generally have situational use, and dependent on abilities with very long CDs.
Scorpio finds the starforge, becomes an immortal AI god, and gets worshiped by Ewoks.

Red Eclipse

EricMusco
08.09.2019 , 09:47 AM | #45 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Updated the Juggernaut set bonuses to include their 4 and 6 pc bonuses.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

LeyDrewid
08.09.2019 , 09:56 AM | #46
No CD on retaliate for Immortal could result in insane apm for trash pulls. Good for a laugh not sure if it would be exciting anywhere else.

The DR on Threatening Scream still feels more like a DPS set bonus. The CD reduction is worse than current tank 4 piece. I just don't see it getting much play in PvE by tanks or DPS.

AireStyx
08.09.2019 , 10:43 AM | #47
These updated set bonuses are just plain terrible for both dps and tank. As a tank this straight out makes us more squishy by changing the set bonuses to what they would be in 6.0. So here are the options I take either of these new options which both make me more cool down reliant then before or I keep my old armorings and lose the hp and threat generation gained by the higher level gear.

I get that the goal is to make set bonuses less the balance change then the tactical items but niether of these set bonuses help a jugg. You need to go back to the drawing board here and rethink the options as I am losing time on my taunts by dropping current set bonuses and losing mitigation.

Lowarro
08.09.2019 , 10:50 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Updated the Juggernaut set bonuses to include their 4 and 6 pc bonuses.

-eric
Are there updated Warrior set bonuses at 4 and 6 pc you can release? Especially considering that the Juggernaut specific set bonuses are only a quarter of whats available to Juggernauts.
Companion Master My Referral Code
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I think that you have beaten the game . Congrats, that is crazy!

-eric

KainrycKarr
08.13.2019 , 11:31 AM | #49
Grit Teeth is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too strong - 10 seconds needs to be brought down to 2 seconds, or can only occur once every five or six seconds or something. That is *nuts* to give a guaranteed heal to full *twice* in the same fight.
Kain'ryk Karr - Level 60 Powertech<Clan Adenn>

LeyDrewid
08.13.2019 , 07:01 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by KainrycKarr View Post
Grit Teeth is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too strong - 10 seconds needs to be brought down to 2 seconds, or can only occur once every five or six seconds or something. That is *nuts* to give a guaranteed heal to full *twice* in the same fight.
Since you don't Jugg, let me help. 1) If Enraged Defense (ED) stays at its current value it more like heal to half, not full. 2) Nothing is guaranteed with ED, you MUST take damage to get healed.

This tactical is a CD reduction. How much varies from activation to activation but I did the math for 15m assuming both ED and fake health are used on cool down and DPS get 18 activations and tanks get 26. Currently Juggs would get 10.

Clearly you are upset from a PvP perspective. I don't do much ranked PvP, but as I understand it Jugg dps are often targeted 1st. The idea that a tank would be hard to kill doesn't seem that crazy.