Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly how i feel haha thanks for the support.

If anything it makes them seem really rude and some of the abuse that Eric has received is ridiculous.

that abuse is partly justified, there was no official announcement about our servers being merged, they way they went about this was completely wrong. thats what made tensions even worse. do you think they went about this the right way. i would really like to know your opinion

that abuse is partly justified, there was no official announcement about our servers being merged, they way they went about this was completely wrong. thats what made tensions even worse. do you think they went about this the right way. i would really like to know your opinion

The abuse was not justified towards Eric. We don't know that he had any influence or weight on the decision that was made by EA/bioware, he was simply the person that put the post on this thread, which had the most posts by people that were worried about the health of the apac servers population

In regard to the way they let everyone know of what they are doing, sure they could have done it better. An email to all apac players or an announcement in the game launcher etc would be nice, (We dont know that they wont do these things yet, we dont even know when they are going to merge us. It might not be for a while.)

So do i think they went about this the right way? In regards to dispersing info: no

The merge to the NA servers: yes.

So do i think they went about this the right way? In regards to dispersing info: no

and this was the last straw for some people and where a lot of anger came from, sure lag was also a big issue but subscribers aren't going to continue supporting this company due to the poor customer service

Not sure there was that many directly having a go at Eric in terms of insults? Questioning his statement with a bit of vigour is natural and to be expected. Directing their responses by addressing him is the instinctive thing to do, but there were very few people actually lobbing insults at him.

Well at least my joke (which was not homophobic... nice try) got one of you back on topic and another to pipe down, but I guess someone still has to bring up the rear (pardon the pun)...

Edited by DaftVaduhhh

Not sure there was that many directly having a go at Eric in terms of insults? Questioning his statement with a bit of vigour is natural and to be expected. Directing their responses by addressing him is the instinctive thing to do, but there were very few people actually lobbing insults at him.

Well at least my joke (which was not homophobic... nice try) got one of you back on topic and another to pipe down, but I guess someone still has to bring up the rear (pardon the pun)...

Well i guess you didnt read many pages of this thread then, because i saw way to much personal hatred slung at Eric himself. He was simply the messenger and yes of course thats where people will vent their frustration-and that is fine but the amount of name calling and abuse he received was baffling.

Well your "joke" which can be read as a homophobic joke took the thread off topic really.

Im not sure it is your so called "joke" that made the person stop posting, perhaps he/she went to bed?

I dont know why you attempt to know our sexuality? And the fact you keep bring such things about relations is confusing me. It has no place in this thread :s

and this was the last straw for some people and where a lot of anger came from, sure lag was also a big issue but subscribers aren't going to continue supporting this company due to the poor customer service

The whole unsubbing threat is old and overused.

And at the end of the day EAWARE dont care about a few hundred unsubs

its not really a threat when they actually are unsubbing

Even if they are unsubbing im sure EA/bioware expected it. And that they have gone ahead with the merge it shows they arent worried to lose a few subs.

This wouldnt have been an overnight decision-alot of discussion would of went into this by the devs.

The trolls signed the petition!

You should too!

Save APAC, Save the World!

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/keep-apac-servers-for-swtor-available-and-merge-them-into-1.html

You sound like a religious fanatic, trying to convert people to join your cult.

Hate to rain on your parade, but dude be realistic. Ea/Bioware have committed to merge the servers with NA

im sure they have seen your little petition floating around. It isnt going to change anything. But of course Im a so called "troll" to the people who i dont have the same opinion as.

Don't let EA rain on our parade!

Sign the petition today!!

Keep quoting it guys we need to get more sigs!

Forum Guidlines state posting about petitions is frowned upon - im sure they will appreciate seeing something they specifically put in the guidlines banning popping up everywhere.

Forum Guidlines state posting about petitions is frowned upon - im sure they will appreciate seeing something they specifically put in the guidlines banning popping up everywhere.

Forum guidelines you violate:

Discussion of political, sexual, or religious topics is prohibited on the forums.

Do not bump posts to the top without adding constructive content to the thread.

Do not hijack topics. Posting comments within a thread which severely disrupts the original conversation is prohibited.

Profanity is not acceptable in communications on the forums or anywhere on the Service.

You've been informed.

1. Many people complaining about lag haven't actually tried playing on a US server and are speaking out of ignorance. I also, have played on both and found minimal difference. If people have tried both and found the lag is bad, then I think that's a valid opinion. Not those who are purely speculating though.

You keep talking about how you played on the US servers way back when the game first launched? How is that relevant to now? Significant numbers of players were less comfortable in their characters rotations and priorities, so their was more decision making that slowed down PVP players. Now they're running more on reflex, with sharper reactions because they know the game inside out. And with 2.0 its going to get even worse as alacrity gets more important, and casting times drop even further.

As for end game PVE content, back around launch if you missed that interrupt or swap (its whats now known as story mode) the group takes heavy damage and there's a bit of pressure on the healers... now your running that Operation in Nightmare mode and its a wipe.

2. This would all go a lot more smoothly if we got better communication.

Better communication? How about any communication? All thats been seen is some communication with a minority of players who actually participate on the forum. Where were the emails sent to all APAC players asking about their issues? In fact, most players are only finding out about this issue because of word of mouth from others discussing it in general chat.

There hasn't even been an announcment of this plan sent to players yet. A post made by the Community Manager on page 250 something of a random thread in the General forum is not an announcement to the playerbase. There's not even a mention from Bioware of this server removal in the action forums for each server.

Better communication? How about any communication? All thats been seen is some communication with a minority of players who actually participate on the forum. Where were the emails sent to all APAC players asking about their issues? In fact, most players are only finding out about this issue because of word of mouth from others discussing it in general chat.

The communication during this whole fiasco is appalling. Some people on the APAC servers still have no idea about the decision. Why must we dredge through forums to find out about the future of our servers? Put it on the damn front page and informed your community Bioware!!

Edited by PseudoScience