Tipps on healing Palace/fortress HC?

My progress is 3/5 on Fortress and 2/5 on palace. I run Fortress one time a week with my guild, but we only manage to do the first three bosses, then we sometimes try the fourth, but most of the time we stop because it already took 3 hours to kill thenthird.

Im a commando healer, my gear ist 180 mostly(one implant 186 and one 168, 2 168 armorings, aim augmented)around 1150bonus heal 25%critchance 69% crit damage and 8.6% alactricity when im without a stim and any buffs. But the next upgrade to my gear is only avaible on nightmare, and I cant even get hc done, so I decided to ask for some tipps. I also wrote why we fail on the first three fortress bosses.

Nefra: Sometimes we oneshot this, but sometimes it takes several tries. The first thing that causes wipes are onehitts when the tanks run. I know I cant do anything if its because of the droid, but if the tanks stay too far away, it only takes 3/4 of their health(I mean if someone tanks the twin strike alone), should I save my 30 stacks of healing cells for this to throw a kolto granade and reduce the damage by 5%?

The second thing are the dots, because if we have a shadow tank and and a revo, I need to swap between dispelling one and another. But sometimes I manage to dispell the one I should, myself and the dot is still ticking on the one who should dispell himself. Should I tell them in ts when they are supposed to dispell themselves or is the cooldown on the selfdispell higher than the time between two dots?

Btw afaik the tanks save the defcds for the enrage, but Im not sure about this.

Draxus: Sometimes we wipe on enrage, so when is the best time to do some dps or dots and on what adds? Also, is there anything I can do when the healer is damaged(i tell the people on ts that someone did it, but before someone restuns he has already made some heals.

Then there is the mass affliction, whats the best way to heal it through phase 5? Some of the people who can take it off from themselv, but in phase 5 we die most of the time when we get one.

The only problem on the third boss is the knockup because of the pipe. When this happens I think thr best I can do is to place the 9stacks of healing on all people, but I cant make any big heals on the tanks(only 6sec with my holding the line) so with the adds we die after 1min or so if we dont get him to the magnet or it was already destroyed by mistake.

Thanks for all help.

To me, it sounds like your biggest issue on the bosses you clear is communication.

What is your raid composition?

Nefra cleanse order/priority should be sorted out before hand. Who are you cleansing, what about the other healer? DPS mandos/scoundrels/sages can always cleanse themselves and another DPS if needed. Slingers can cleanse every other DoT and Hunker Down/Probe the other. The only real DPS classes that need some cleanse help are Sents/Guardians/Vanguards.

If the tanks are moving away from the droid, it should be known where they are moving too. If everyone is in a good spot to start, they shouldn't LoS or out-range you during the move.

Draxus is a total coordination check. The fact that mass afflictions are going out suggests your group lacks some coordination as to where they need to be for each phase. The best way to heal phase 5 is to have an organized interrupt and kill order so that no Afflictions go out.

If you're having issues with Pipe Smash during Grob'thok, it sounds as if your Tanks could be better at positioning him under the magnet. The magnet and pipe smash is timed so that if you know where you start the fight, you can predict where the magnet will be when he pipe smashes. You shouldn't ever have to worry about more more than 1 smash.

Overall, I think communication is a big issue currently, and if you're hitting enrage on these fights, you need to have a look at your DPS and see who isn't doing their job well enough.

Keep it up, work on positioning, and you'll be downing more bosses soon.

This sounds like an issue with mechanics across the board.

Nefra HM:

Tanks should be moving out of the red, with an established position to move to every time. For example, my offtank and I always move left, then move back when the droid jumps on the tanks.

As heals on nefra, you should only be doing 2 cleanses, 3 at max. DPS that have a cleanse should be doing their own cleanse, possibly cleansing someone else to help out. The important thing here is the tanks take a lot of damage during the dot, so remember to keep them up in between cleanses. I usually pop my 30 stack during a dot phase and pop it on the tanks first, then when it comes off cd hit the group. I switch it up depending on who needs heals more and who can be propped up.

Draxus HM:

In a well organized run, you should take no mass affliction. If you are, people are doing interrupts wrong. Coordinate with your group, and you may have to throw an interrupt yourself. All dps to the back on phase 5, also it should go without saying that you have to be practically on top of the adds to do damage inside the shield, regardless if you are ranged or not. If you are hitting enrage on draxus, your dps should be doing more aoe and pushing phases faster. Sounds like you're going really slow on some phases, possibly the ones with subteroths. (people seem terrified of them for some reason)

Grob'thok HM:

This is incredibly easy to tank compared to NiM. You catch him in the magnet AFTER the pipe smash for the first time, then the pipe smash happens in the same place every time. Sometimes it spawns on the opposite side, but it's easy enough to move across.

Easy tip for tanks, during the cast stand on the other side of the magnet, leading him of course. Grob runs right in.

Edited by R_Sidriel

To me, it sounds like your biggest issue on the bosses you clear is communication.

What is your raid composition?

Nefra cleanse order/priority should be sorted out before hand. Who are you cleansing, what about the other healer? DPS mandos/scoundrels/sages can always cleanse themselves and another DPS if needed. Slingers can cleanse every other DoT and Hunker Down/Probe the other. The only real DPS classes that need some cleanse help are Sents/Guardians/Vanguards.

The slingers need to be cleansed every secound dot, right?

Most of the times we are 2 commando heals 1 shadow tank1 guardian tank 3 or 4 slingers, if 3 there is one guardian dps or commando dps.

.[/]

The slingers need to be cleansed every secound dot, right?

Most of the times we are 2 commando heals 1 shadow tank1 guardian tank 3 or 4 slingers, if 3 there is one guardian dps or commando dps.

If your slingers are specced marksman, they can basically be left alone during the DoT. They can Dodge the first DoT to cleanse it, then pop Hunker Down and a Shield Probe to mitigate most of the damage, Especially if you have trauma probe on them, but while your still getting used to that, I would suggest the following to deal with DoT cleanses. Assuming you work with 4 slingers

2 Slingers Cleanse the first DoT and then every other.

2 Slingers Cleanse the second DoT, and then every other.

Shadow Tank Cleanses first DoT.

That way for Odd DoTs, You have 5 cleanses total to administer, The two healers, a tank, and a the other 2 slingers, which should be last priority.

Cleanse your tank first, then yourself. Let the other healer know who they should cleanse (himself then a DPS).

For Even Cleanses you will both cleanse "your" tank then yourselves, and then the other two slingers (if necessary).

Trauma Probe gets wonky when it's double stacked, so I'd have one of the healers assigned to Trauma Probe duty only.

Edited by JMagee

What I read,

Nefra: tanks don't talk to each other and know where to move together for droids. Slingers need to alternate dodges and use other cool downs when it's not their turn to dodge (hunker down does wonders if sharpshooter). Also, if nefra is enraging your dps need to practice more.

Draxus: Need more communication and assignments pre fight. 4 second stun then cc healer if needed.

Grob thok: tanks need to talk to each other and learn pattern for lifts.

Basically what everyone else said just tl:dr

Edited by g_land

What I read,

Nefra: tanks don't talk to each other and know where to move together for droids. Slingers need to alternate dodges and use other cool downs when it's not their turn to dodge (hunker down does wonders if sharpshooter). Also, if nefra is enraging your dps need to practice more.

Draxus: Need more communication and assignments pre fight. 4 second stun then cc healer if needed.

Grob thok: tanks need to talk to each other and learn pattern for lifts.

Basically what everyone else said just tl:dr

We assign it, but someohow people mess up with back and left/right.

And at Grob, what should we do if the magnet gets destroyed before he gets a pipe?

And at Grob, what should we do if the magnet gets destroyed before he gets a pipe?

To put it more nicely than the other guy, this is usually because Grob'thok was under the magnet before his pipe smash finished channeling. Your tank wants to time it so only 1 maybe 2 smashes get off. Unfortunately if you screw up, the smashes have to be healed through until the next magnet spawns.

Edited by bdatt

That will never happen if your tanks move him around correctly. This sounds more and more like your healing is fine and the rest of the group needs to learn their role better.

That will never happen if your tanks move him around correctly. This sounds more and more like your healing is fine and the rest of the group needs to learn their role better.

Yeah... I didn't want to say that when I wrote earlier but the tanks dying while moving due to having to get out of the droids aoe was a dead give away.

My personal recommendations to get further in DF HM

1. Nefra:

Nefra has a trick where you can control the droids much more easily. Have one of your slingers use a Quick Shot (energy costing instant attack) on the droids as they spawn, and instead of going to their normal target they will chase down the slinger who hit them. You can use this to keep the raid from having to move.

However, occasionally they refuse to swap targets, but this only happens with the tanks. If this happens, then the tanks should have a location they will move to (predetermined).

For the DoT: Its damage it does is approximately 1k/tick. Your trauma probe will mitigate about half of that, but you should still cleanse it off as many people as you can - starting with the tanks. I'd recommend having each of you put probes out, and always refresh them before they run out. Only get the more geared mando to put them out to begin with, because if they are refreshed before they run out it boosts the stacks back to 9 while making it still count as the original probe placers probe.

After that, Cleanse order is Tanks -> Heals -> DPS. If the DPS are specced sharpshooter they can hit hunker down, because for some stupid reason the DoT counts as an AoE attack - Hunker Down reduces the damage from ~1k/tick to ~400/tick, and the trauma probe should take care of the rest of it no problem.

Finally, make your DPS actually do stuff here. You mentioned enraging here, but nefra has a ridiculously long enrage timer so you shouldn't have to worry about it.

Also make sure that the slingers aren't using Shatter Shot (or whatever the armor debuff is called) as the guardian is already applying it for them.

2. Draxus

Draxus doesn't have a tank swap mechanic, so for this fight I'd recommend getting your Guardian to respec to focus (if he has a DPS set. If he doesn't, make him get one)

Phase strategy:

Wave 1: AoE all the adds. As they are about to die have the shadow AoE Taunt + Resilience

Wave 2: AoE all the adds down. As the subertoths are about to die have the shadow AoE Taunt + Resilience

Wave 3: AoE all the adds down. Have a rotation schedule for interrupts on the Corruptor. Dont kill one of the lightning adds though, and burn down draxus. When draxus jumps, finish off the lightning add.

Wave 4: Have the DPS focus down the dismantlers one at a time. Though keep one of them on the other dismantler so you dont have a healer or tank get punted. Dont let the guardian get punted (have a slinger get punted). When they have been obliterated, move the DPS to the back and kill the subertoths with AoE.

Wave 5: Have all the DPS at the back. Their job is to obliterate everything at the back and dont let the mass afflictions go off. Once the back is gone, kill the entire left hand side, move to the right and kill the lightning adds, and then burn draxus till he jumps, then go back on top of the right-hand side bulwark and kill it. Have a single slinger remain there to finish it off, move another slinger to the other side, and move the rest of the DPS to the back

Wave 6: Wait for the Despoiler to run out of the shield, and then hit him with a concussive round (removing him for the next minute if nothing hits him). Get the slingers who grabbed the adds on the side to be punted to the back, then kill everything there except the bulwark.

Move onto the dismantlers. Get the tank to AoE taunt after the original punts, and for the second punt on the tank have the guardian stance swap and AoE taunt. You shouldn't need a third one, because they should be dead before then. After that, finish off the despoiler, get the guardian back into shii-cho form, and then kill the bulwark at the back

Wave 7: Guardian takes the left hand side, Shadow takes the right. Burn em down. When your up to just subertoths, move the DPS into position and then kill the subertoths with AoE

Wave 8: Concussive Round the despoiler, each side burns down one of the corruptors while keeping the other one interrupted. Its recommended the healers and tanks help out with interrupts here. When everything but the despoiler is dead, move into position for wave 9.

Wave 9: Guardian swaps to tank stance and runs off with both of the guardians, facing them away from the raid. Everyone else kills all the adds at the back, and then the shield should be down. The second the shield goes down, everyone has to run to Draxus and obliterate him. Then you can clean up.

You shouldn't hit enrage doing it that way

Grob'thok.

If this is the room:

[>][>][>][x][ ][ ][y] Entrance

[^] [ ] [ ] [ ][ ][ ][ ]

[^] [ ] [ ] [ ][ ][ ][ ]

[^] [ ] [ ] [ ][ ][ ][ ]

[w][ ] [ ] [z][ ][ ][ ]

I honestly can't remember where to start with the magnet, but after the first one (if you get it by the second hit with pipe smash), then the magnet will either spawn at W or Y. If it spawns at W, move Grob'thok to X. If it spawns at Y, move him to Z. X/Z are on the rectangle pattern on the floor between the 2 big squares on that side.

If you're a little late on getting him caught (3rd, 4th, ext...), you should move him a little further back along the path. I've put arrows from W to X to show the magnets path as an example.

Anyway, thats my tips for your raid so they stop doing stupid things and get things killed. And good luck with Corruptor Zero. You are definately gonna need it.