Dread Masters defeated so whats next for us?

Id like to see what the rest of the community would like for OPs content, We got the Dread Masters I would have liked for some more build up but im hoping for a OP boss that really say's "Hey I'm big and freaking evil" show up in this game with a nice big fat build up. I'm thinking of maybe something too do with Yavin 4 or something.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I like Oricon, previous to that I agree that the DMs didn't get much buildup beyond "they were totally behind Random Scheme X". Any of their previous appearances, with the sole exception of killing Styrak, could be removed from the story without having to change much of anything.

What a surprise, Spacebar Steve wants really good imperial characters to become raid bosses.

No. Let's kill some Jedi.

sith infighting is a little more belivable then jedi killing jedi in fairness.

that said I do agree that the "sith turncoats" bit has been overdone and BW should "give that a rest" I'd love to see a wartime scenerio though

What a surprise, Spacebar Steve wants really good imperial characters to become raid bosses.

No. Let's kill some Jedi.

Let's put Satele up on the chopping block. Jace as well, while we're at it. Their legacy is secure in the form of Theron, after all.

EDIT: As far as justifications go, there's always "Dread Masters made them go insane before that business on Oricon was finished".

Edited by TorvinAugeri

I'd have loved it if Malgus wasn't dead.

It's not been confirmed he is dead. There was an interview quite some time ago discussing whether he would return / his apprentices etc.. said something along the lines of "It is not unknown for masters with the force to survive such long falls" etc... However I agree that he most likely will not be back.

My guess would be more on the Rep vs Empire War-front especially with the ships patch.

I hope to see faction specific ops where you get to kill the jedi council/dark council :D Even if the actual fight are all with same mechanics, same damage profiles etc etc. It would finally restore a feeling of a faction split mmo

But Lord Kallig (Hey, I can't remember how to spell his title in the dark council, and my assasin is still in act 2) can't die! And now we have to throw in PvP as well?!?!?!

Personally, I want to see a second fight with the Emperor (republic) or Revan (Empire), with them being infinitely more powerful than the last time either was fought. Cause we know both of them aren't truly dead...

And yeah, I know I didn't put spoilers around anything but hey, we're in the ops section, everyone should know this stuff.

They could make a raid where the opponents (trash + boss) is different texture if you are imp or pub... as a pub you can fights imps and as an imp you can fight pubs... as the abilities have both imp and pub version it should not be difficult to make and you can advance the war story... like the pubs defeat some imp general/sith, while the same time the imps defeat some pub jedi master.

I could see a Rogue Jedi master raid with appretices as bosses too, but somehow there always has to be the mutual interest to go kill them from both faction, is always the trend in this game.

So if u wanted to kill some Jedi would probably have to be some that went insane/rogue and want to do something extreme that requires taking care of by both sides, for perhaps different motivations but the same end.

The reskinning thing sound cool but I fear unlikely.

Does anyone remember the Mission Deus Ex Machina in Republic Commandos? I would love to see an OP based around something like that. Granted the Story would need to be a bit different than Trando's taking over a ship but say for example, we used the Void Star (just an example, i know its already in PvP). But they make a big deal about it being finally found. But why was it missing? Say some Sith or Jedi lord went mad and stole the prototype. You could have a boss in there like Oasis City in Scum and Villainy where you have to split up to get ship components. Just an idea id love. And i think fighting on a Star Cruiser would just be a great OP.

It's funny that no one has mentioned a collaboration op. They could get a story arc going that can climax into either a 16 man (8 and 8) or 8 man (4 and 4) where reps and imps have to work together in the op. I know they are at war but some things sometimes require this cooperation. It's just a matter of what that could be... It's just a thought.

It's funny that no one has mentioned a collaboration op. They could get a story arc going that can climax into either a 16 man (8 and 8) or 8 man (4 and 4) where reps and imps have to work together in the op. I know they are at war but some things sometimes require this cooperation. It's just a matter of what that could be... It's just a thought.

That woud require a pvp fight at the end of the operation... Sounds good :p

• 2 months later...
I think they could bring back two bosses. One would be TFB, in tfb he never died. During the Ops you get him down to 3% health, and then he is sucked away in a portal. The second boss would be Revan.

Revan lives on both sides. On the imp side is disappears. On rep he is broken out of his prison.

Revan is a huge Swtor and Kotor icon, I think it would rock if they brought him back. They are just my thoughts. :D

I think they could bring back two bosses. One would be TFB, in tfb he never died. During the Ops you get him down to 3% health, and then he is sucked away in a portal. The second boss would be Revan.

Revan lives on both sides. On the imp side is disappears. On rep he is broken out of his prison.

Revan is a huge Swtor and Kotor icon, I think it would rock if they brought him back. They are just my thoughts. :D

to clarify your spoiler - LOTS of Revan story spoilers inside

chronologically - republic flashpoints happen before imperial ones - they do NOT happen at the same time. so basically - pub forces find out about the prison - they go there and free Revan, at which point he tells them that he has an idea for the ultimate solution to the empire problem - this place called foundry (some of that you find out if you specifically do the "Jedi prisoner" chain. so he heads off to the foundry, meanwhile - empire knows that he escaped, especially since you kinda killed Kilran there, so Malgus sends you off to infiltrate the damn thing, which means getting past the republic Blockade... and then you you finally find Revan again and his insane genocidal plan. yes, he disappears and we never see the body, but its more likely that he becomes a force ghost then is actually alive (think Obi Wan and a few other force users you meet in both empire and republic stories).

given all that, he could still possibly be a boss and an interesting one at that, just wanted to add minor clarification to the story

as for Terror... I'm not sure... personally... unless of course the gree decide that they have done enough testing and are ready to attack us - which could totally be the next enemy btw. I always thought that this whole combat testing thing was very VERY shady.