Second Great Galactic War possibilities

JediMasterYuvan

It's official!! Since the Treaty of Coruscant is broken, there is now a Second Great Galactic War.

Factors for the start of the war:

• : The Jedi Knight killed Tarnis

: Darth Baras sent his apprentice to start Plan Zero

Now since there is open warfare between the Republic and Sith Empire, what possibilities of battles will there be? Who could possibly show up in this War? Will people defect to the other side? What we do know is:

1) Revan's supposed "death" is ambiguous

2) The Sith Emperor is gone, not dead

3) The Sith Empire is now more dangerous and in chaos because of the Emperor's "death"

4) The Treaty of Coruscant was broken

It's official!! Since the Treaty of Coruscant is broken, there is now a Second Great Galactic War.

Factors for the start of the war:

• : The Jedi Knight killed Tarnis

: Darth Baras sent his apprentice to start Plan Zero

Now since there is open warfare between the Republic and Sith Empire, what possibilities of battles will there be? Who could possibly show up in this War? Will people defect to the other side? What we do know is:

1) Revan's supposed "death" is ambiguous

2) The Sith Emperor is gone, not dead

3) The Sith Empire is now more dangerous and in chaos because of the Emperor's "death"

4) The Treaty of Coruscant was broken

Just to point out , the emperor has had nothing to do with SIth government sinces the end of GW1, so I doubt anyone will notice.

another point

5) I sense a conflict brewing between General Garza and the Chancellor especially as

Taris is a failure for the republic, it would undermine the new Chancellors' political standing.

So Gaza could try to force her out. Maybe.

Just to point out , the emperor has had nothing to do with SIth government sinces the end of GW1, so I doubt anyone will notice.

another point

5) I sense a conflict brewing between General Garza and the Chancellor especially as

Taris is a failure for the republic, it would undermine the new Chancellors' political standing.

So Gaza could try to force her out. Maybe.

The Emperor's Voice has been in communication with the the Dark Council to some extent or another since the end of GW1, so the absence of the Emperor(or more specifically the Voice) will likely have some ramifications in terms of the power structure. Well at least until his inevitable return.

As for Garza and the Chancellor:

I don't see why bringing that up would matter. Based on the rough timeline we can put together of when events happened, Saresh got to the Chancellorship well after Taris failed. I mean the Empire's initiative on Taris occured pre war outbreak, and Saresh got her position around the time of the battle of Corellia. Besides, I don't believe Saresh was still on Taris at the time that it failed(presumably being reassigned to a new post). If anything Taris would appear to be a testament to her capabilities since the only time any progress was made was under her leadership and it fell apart the moment she left.

My guess is the next x-pac will be called total war or the great war or something to that effect. I was confused at the end of the knight story as to what the galactic state was. It seemed like corellia pretty much sparked the war again and you feel it a bit on Ilum but nothing else has addressed this.

As for Garza and the Chancellor:

I don't see why bringing that up would matter. Based on the rough timeline we can put together of when events happened, Saresh got to the Chancellorship well after Taris failed. I mean the Empire's initiative on Taris occured pre war outbreak, and Saresh got her position around the time of the battle of Corellia. Besides, I don't believe Saresh was still on Taris at the time that it failed(presumably being reassigned to a new post). If anything Taris would appear to be a testament to her capabilities since the only time any progress was made was under her leadership and it fell apart the moment she left.

Otoh, the Rakghoul outbreak happened after Saresh became Chancellor, and surely someone in the galaxy realizes that colonizing the planet of the rabid zombies wasn't the brightest idea. That could bring Saresh's popularity down, not that the Republic's a democracy. Or may that's just wishful thinking on my part, since I'm still angry that not one of my characters was able to point out that both sides should be quarantining Taris, not shipping people on and off it without even making a pretense at keeping the incredibly dangerous epidemic from spreading.

The Emperor's Voice has been in communication with the the Dark Council to some extent or another since the end of GW1, so the absence of the Emperor(or more specifically the Voice) will likely have some ramifications in terms of the power structure. Well at least until his inevitable return.

I know that. The Sith Emperor's true Voice and the Emperor's agents have still been in contact, including the Wrath. The knowledge of the Sith Emperor's survival is kept in secret.

But in the Jedi Knight Story, after the defeat of the Sith Emperor on Dromund Kaas, along with the Knight's success on Corellia, the Sith Empire was in chaos and further more dangerous than they were before his "death."

As for the politics, Saresh was elected Supreme Chancellor after the previous Supreme Chancellor was assassinated by the bounty hunter. After she was elected, Taris was taken by the Sith Empire.

Also considering the Sith Emperor's survival, the plot later on will be like Harry Potter: The Sith Emperor is gonna keep his rebirth a secret until the day his rebirth comes to light, then he'll wage a ruthless war.

Otoh, the Rakghoul outbreak happened after Saresh became Chancellor, and surely someone in the galaxy realizes that colonizing the planet of the rabid zombies wasn't the brightest idea. That could bring Saresh's popularity down, not that the Republic's a democracy. Or may that's just wishful thinking on my part, since I'm still angry that not one of my characters was able to point out that both sides should be quarantining Taris, not shipping people on and off it without even making a pretense at keeping the incredibly dangerous epidemic from spreading.

Saresh wasn't the one responsible for the recolonization of Taris. According to her Codex, she was sent to be in charge of the recolonization project basically because people didn't like her hardline views on the Empire(she believes they should be completely eradicated). According to the codex being sent to be in charge of Taris has ruined the political careers of several before her.

Side note, I don't believe the Rakghoul Outbreak is really related to the recolonization of Taris, at least not directly since it was a manufactured strand of the Rakghoul plague.

As for the politics, Saresh was elected Supreme Chancellor after the previous Supreme Chancellor was assassinated by the bounty hunter. After she was elected, Taris was taken by the Sith Empire.

.....The Empire's actions on Taris occured before war officially broke out. The BH confronts Janarus while the battle on Corellia is starting/ongoing.....which is after the war officially breaks out. So Taris has to be lost before Saresh takes over.