Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So it's not ok for "hardcores" to have gear progression?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So it's not ok for "hardcores" to have gear progression?

Almghty_gir's Avatar


Almghty_gir
03.07.2012 , 12:52 PM | #521
i'm pretty much done with the whole argument... guildwars proved without a shadow of a doubt that pvp can be done with standardised stats, and no gear progression involvement. they proved that it can be successful.

bearing in mind that guildwars is arguably the second most successful mmo after world of warcraft, and guildwars 2 is set to be just as good if not better than the first building on a solid foundation of excellent pvp gameplay and morals, and expanding it to a level that we've likely not seen since dark age of camelot.

so to be honest, i wouldn't be surprised if 1.2 flops. i hope it doesn't, but i wouldn't be surprised... i hoped the launch game would be great too... but it quickly went downhill.

i think you, and players like you need to learn what horizontal progression is, and then realise that it can be just as good, and in terms of pvp is almost always the better option compared to vertical progression.

so you can keep your pvp progression, knock yourself out. enjoy fighting no-name puggies and scrubs while the real pvpers move over to gw2. oh and we won't have to pay a subscription for that, either.
Bruglir Fellblade - Dark Jedi.
Guild leader - Vulgar Display of Power
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

ohnam's Avatar


ohnam
03.07.2012 , 12:54 PM | #522
Quote: Originally Posted by Nategray View Post
Not even close sparky, you and your ilk are nothing but a minority who somehow think or pretend like you are the majority and carry MMO's with your fraction of the player base numbers.
Protip you are not carrying anyone or anything, its a PVE game primary and if we lost all you and your ilk the game will carry on just fine and not be f2p because it lost people like you.
Wow over inflated ego much.
You are wrong.

ohnam's Avatar


ohnam
03.07.2012 , 12:56 PM | #523
Quote: Originally Posted by Almghty_gir View Post
i'm pretty much done with the whole argument... guildwars proved without a shadow of a doubt that pvp can be done with standardised stats, and no gear progression involvement. they proved that it can be successful.

bearing in mind that guildwars is arguably the second most successful mmo after world of warcraft, and guildwars 2 is set to be just as good if not better than the first building on a solid foundation of excellent pvp gameplay and morals, and expanding it to a level that we've likely not seen since dark age of camelot.

so to be honest, i wouldn't be surprised if 1.2 flops. i hope it doesn't, but i wouldn't be surprised... i hoped the launch game would be great too... but it quickly went downhill.

i think you, and players like you need to learn what horizontal progression is, and then realise that it can be just as good, and in terms of pvp is almost always the better option compared to vertical progression.

so you can keep your pvp progression, knock yourself out. enjoy fighting no-name puggies and scrubs while the real pvpers move over to gw2. oh and we won't have to pay a subscription for that, either.
I will be playing GW2 when it comes out but why do you think Gw2 is vastly different from the first one? I will tell you why it wasn't good enough to keep people around.

Vember's Avatar


Vember
03.07.2012 , 12:58 PM | #524
Quote: Originally Posted by ohnam View Post
I will be playing GW2 when it comes out but why do you think Gw2 is vastly different from the first one? I will tell you why it wasn't good enough to keep people around.
GW is still wildly popular, not sure what you're talking about. Always a crap ton of people playing.

Almghty_gir's Avatar


Almghty_gir
03.07.2012 , 12:59 PM | #525
it didn't keep hardcore pvE players around....

there are still hardcore pvp'ers playing it. it's still one of the best pvp games around.

stupid thing is, even WAR has better pvp than SWTOR, but you muppets would likely not even give it a go.
Bruglir Fellblade - Dark Jedi.
Guild leader - Vulgar Display of Power
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

ohnam's Avatar


ohnam
03.07.2012 , 01:01 PM | #526
Quote: Originally Posted by Almghty_gir View Post
it didn't keep hardcore pvE players around....

there are still hardcore pvp'ers playing it. it's still one of the best pvp games around.

stupid thing is, even WAR has better pvp than SWTOR, but you muppets would likely not even give it a go.
I agree War has better pvp than SWTOR but DAOC was better than War. To be honest the best pvp game I played was Shadowbane.

RichardNoggin's Avatar


RichardNoggin
03.07.2012 , 01:11 PM | #527
My arguement is that if you are a pvper you wont be able to turn around and just jump straight into an endgame raid without having to gear up to the content. So why is it that PvEers expect to be able to jump right into endgame pvp without even gearing up to the current players.

Seems to me the PvE community shoulda stuck to there Ops where they belong and stop QQing when you think you should be able to crossover into PvP and compete with people thats been doing it much longer than you.

Ok so if I cant kill a boss or mob in a flashpoint as quick as the other PvEers thats been doing it for a while and have better gear than me because I do PvP and thats what my gear is for. Then Ill just go QQ to BW and they can dumb down the content so it can be completly puggable by people with ****** gear or pvp gear. I bet you PvE guys would love your part of the game being ruined for us PvEers huh.

So why do you question the PvP community when we get pissed when this happens to us cause thats what they just practically did.

Cruxe's Avatar


Cruxe
03.07.2012 , 01:19 PM | #528
Quote: Originally Posted by RichardNoggin View Post
My arguement is that if you are a pvper you wont be able to turn around and just jump straight into an endgame raid without having to gear up to the content. So why is it that PvEers expect to be able to jump right into endgame pvp without even gearing up to the current players.
You can easily do HM Ops in PvP gear, maybe even NM.


Quote: Originally Posted by Vember View Post
GW is still wildly popular, not sure what you're talking about. Always a crap ton of people playing.
But is that because it's good or because there's no sub?


Quote: Originally Posted by Almghty_gir View Post
bearing in mind that guildwars is arguably the second most successful mmo after world of warcraft
You have numbers to back this up, or just your opinion?
This is not the droid you're looking for.

Quote: Originally Posted by Makar View Post
I used to shoot arrows into completely different dimensions, until bizarro me took an arrow to the knee.

Nicain's Avatar


Nicain
03.07.2012 , 01:20 PM | #529
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthZin View Post
This, this attitude is why true PVP will never exist anymore on this game. Please 1.2, you are our only hope.
Since when is 'true' pvp carbon copy guy 1 against carbon copy guy 2. Hell even in street fighter game there are pros and cons to every character.

So you want this game to have less depth than street fighter?

You guys are seriously mentally challenged if you can't farm yourself a BP.

Seriously I bet half these changes are from people on PVE servers who really shouldn't have a say about what happens on PVP servers.

Vaeil's Avatar


Vaeil
03.07.2012 , 01:27 PM | #530
Quote: Originally Posted by Llilium View Post
MMO casuals that don't want to put effort into their game make me laugh so hard, i cry. you DESERVE to be stomped all over. its not even the gear that makes a differance in this game, in my opinion. the thing that makes ME sick is the fact that YOU expect to get all this handed to you, then YOU feel entitled to insult the people that actually DESERVE respect.

did you really think that elitests are the problem with this genre? you are the problem. you're worse than any elitest that has ever rofl stomped you, because you do the same as them except you have nothing to back you other than " i don't want to have to spend my time playing as if its a second job" and you always feel like everything is entitled to you because its not "fun".

they should make a kiddie bracket just for you all, where there IS no gear, just tokens that give you vanity crap. no gear progression. it'll be the same as you getting your crap handed to you. what? thats not acceptable? why not? because gear makes you feel special right? you like to feel like you've 'earned' something? SO DO WE. GET OVER IT.
amen