Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please BW, give the PTS enough performence

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please BW, give the PTS enough performence

MaDwurschT
01.30.2013 , 05:38 AM | #1
Dear Bioware,

I beg you, don't believe naively that there'll only be a few people copying their characters onto the PTS. At least the majority of competitive PvP-Guilds will do so because it's the closest thing to cross-server RWZs you've done so far.
So PLEASE provide enough ressources for the PTS to handle a decent amount of players for both the european and american community. Nothing is more disturbing than high pings and/or serverlaggs.

However, I'd be a fan of a permanent PTS (obviously you need a lot more feedback on your bigger implementations when I think about the "RWZ-Patch 1.2" for instance) on which we can PvP with way more people on a constant basis.

And to recieve some hate:
There's an upside for all those whiny "we get roflstomped by premades" people aswell since there won't be as many premades listing for random WZs during that period. But then again, don't complain if noone gets your weekly done for you.
Donknatterton - Alles Hutten Ausser Mutti - Republik - Jar'Kai Sword
Streams & VoDs unserer RBG-Spiele auf www.twitch.tv/phrakk

NoTomorrow
01.30.2013 , 05:50 AM | #2
I heavily doubt that european players will be able to have decent experience on PTS. EU-US lag + server lag + american players feeling comfortable at a low ping playing in RWZ agains them.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

MaDwurschT
01.30.2013 , 06:02 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
I heavily doubt that european players will be able to have decent experience on PTS. EU-US lag + server lag + american players feeling comfortable at a low ping playing in RWZ agains them.
Well, I did play on PTS before for a short time and didn't experience a high delay. I didn't join a warzone though (because there were only 4 repu players online AT ALL lol).
However, if the PTS is located on US-East it should be "playable" for most people. I still hope the PTS includes an ireland (isn't that where the european live servers are located?) solution which is pretty improbable but anyways.
Donknatterton - Alles Hutten Ausser Mutti - Republik - Jar'Kai Sword
Streams & VoDs unserer RBG-Spiele auf www.twitch.tv/phrakk